Salem

Rich

Reaction score
Is Salem on Days supposed to be Salem, Oregon? I can never tell exactly where Salem is and I was curious if they ever really say.

I always think they are in North Carolina lol. :) Near Winston-Salem I guess is what I think of.
Really..its just a made up town I think lol. :)

Maybe that's it because Chad said something about going to college in north carolina the other day and they've been at the beach a lot lately. I'm not sure if Winston-Salem is near the beach or not.

Winston-Salem is about a 5-6 hour drive from the North Carolina Beaches...but North Carolina has tons of lakes, and camping spots with "man made beaches"... :) maybe they are in NC, and they go to the man made beaches and the lake nearby. :) lol

It's like Springfield on the Simpsons, they've never specifically said which state Salem is located in.

Just a couple of days ago Chloe made a mighty quick trip to Chicago to get opera tickets, so they must be pretty close to Chicago. [Yes, I know. She didn't really go, but for Daniel to buy the story that she did go [and even got back early], I'm thinking Chicago can't be far away.

Yep, the folks on Days always talk of the Cubs, the Bears, the Blackhawks, the Bulls. They make quicky trips to Chicago all the time, in fact have talked about seeing the opera in Chicago in the past, and now, as someone pointed out, Chloe got tickets.

There are all kinds of lakes most anywhere. Them being at the beach is not unusual. Folks can have a lake that is only an acre or two and have a beach! Salem also has a river, and it goes straight out to the ocean, or the big lakes..like Lake Michigan.

In the past...Shawn D. borrowed his Dad's truck to go to Indiana, just a couple hours away. When Shawn D. & Belle were on the run, with Patch inside their vehicle, they mentioned crossing the state line into Michigan and heading for Canada.

true- but the charlotte airport (in NC) has a direct flight into chicago...my friend goes there for day trips all the time. and my other friend's mom is up there, so really.... Chicago isn't far away from NC either. :) lol- that is if you're willing to purchase an airplane ticket lol.

it's all fiction anyhow, who really cares where its supposed to be. perhaps, since their nights and days never make sense, perhaps they are on the north pole lol

Sorry, but Days folks talk of driving to Chicago, and back (as Chloe was going to do to get the opera tickets). And there is no way they ALL would be getting all those sports teams games on their TVs (they show them watching at times, efven talking about attending games) unless they are within close proximity.

They also drive very quickly to Indiana, Michigan. and you cannot do that to NC. My daughter used to live there, and I know only too well. LOL

For some reason, I always assumed they were in massacheutses (or however you spell it) But once Chloe said the other day that she was going to Chicago quickly it got me wondering about this question too!

Yep, the folks on Days always talk of the Cubs, the Bears, the Blackhawks, the Bulls.

^^ I always wondered why they never talked about the White Sox... boo on the writers!

Anyway, I always assumed it was midwest, too.

Having watched Days from 1985 to 1995, I got the impression that Salem was somewhere between Cincinnati and Chicago. Definitely set in the midwest. I don't know what's been mentioned prior to 95.

No, with various stories and dialogue, they have made Indiana pretty close, Wisconsin, too. Even Michigan. Going to Cleveland took a bit of time. And with various sports teams in these other states, the fact that Salemites all root for Chicago teams is very telling.

In various books and articles, it has been said that Salem debuted as the first soap set rurally in the midwest, and not all that far from Chicago.

It is telling that Salemites will drive to Chicago and back home in a day to get theatre tickets, see a ball game, or the opera.

I've been to Salem IL and Salem IN (where haven't I been?).
I only saw Days people in the IL one!!!

I just googled - The Town of Salem in Days of our Lives and if you check the Wikipedia link it lists a wealth of information, where the city of Salem might be located (I always thought it was Milwaukee) since it has a shipping port and is about an hour from Chicago, JMO. It also lists the people, various restaurants, businesses and who owns/owned them, various shops, apts/lofts, churches and the list goes on.... it was fascinating.

Back