Serena and Melanie....."friends"?

ErasofDiMeras

Reaction score
Okay I have to say poor absolute POOR POOR writing from the last team, shame on you guys. Why was NOTHING ever mentioned about how Serena and Melanie became BFF's and why didn't either Daniel or Maggie even remember to mention how Melanie would be devastated her best friend was murdered by her ex FIANCE! I hope you guys (writers I am addressing) fix this especially with more storylines to come and clock is ticking.

Writers, MELANIE!!! Say it with me, MELANIE! For once she may have a story brewing and let's move her away from incestuous Brady affair. I'm not a fan but I see she has been lacking in areas now where she can have a real storyline.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. what did I miss while gone? Is Melanie back on the show, or is there news she is returning?
As far as how she & Serena became friends, that WAS stated at the time. They met at a party or something in Europe, and then ran into each other, seemed to hit it off, so began hanging together. It was all lame, but Melanie did explain it once.

I think he meant to say it seemed that way because Brady was mentioned by her to be "like an older brother" (much older), which is why she was paired with Dario with the other writers a few years back instead. Also, he's really close friends with her dad, so it's awkward.

I agree that it's poor writing that there was no mention of Melanie reacting strongly to either Serena's or Will's deaths. She was close with both of them, but knew Will for several years.

Melanie isn't on-screen, and hasn't been in months. Daniel has a wedding to plan (when we see him at all), so why is this even an issue? I just don't see the point in going out of the way to mention Melanie's reaction to Salem happenings when she hasn't been mentioned in quite some time, unless I've just missed it.

Austin & Carrie weren't at Will's funeral, nor were they even mentioned, and they raised Will for awhile. Billie wasn't there, she is Will's aunt. I'd be more interested in having them mentioned before Melanie.

Back