Something familiar...

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
but far superior! Billie tells all on the stand; Laura keeps Kate and Bill at bay about Lucas; and John pursues Kristen while Marlena pines for Roman. (This is part 4 of the episode, the best part, but there's over 100 clips in this sequence...if you've never seen any of this before, you may wish to start at #1.)

You sure did choose a good clip, JasonD. I remember it all, and did Days not have wonderful writers back then?

This is such a great clip, and it's so intense. My heart always breaks for Billie and Laura. Also, I really like Deborah Adair as Kate! There was a real vulnerability and fragility to the way she portrayed her.

Totally different writers, obviously more money in the budget, and things MOVED. Kate was a fairly new character on the scene at this time, as were Kristen, Billie & Austin, but they had mingled them so well it was hard to notice.

I definitely thought this was the best clip of that day, but it was so hard to choose. Sometimes I wish that NBC would put this old stuff online, so Corday and his suits could get first-hand feedback about what people want to see. (Not that I think they'd be smart enough to pay attention.)

I still remember there was a big buildup to Kate coming onboard as Victor had hired her to run Titan. I can't remember if she came on alone initially or with Lucas. I think she was alone at first. But they quickly had her running Titan, romantically involved with Victor, friends with Marlena, etc. I also think the Lucas and Bill storyline was going on simultaneously as the reveal that Austin and Billie were her children as well. Great way to keep viewers vested in the character. Once this was all settled, she and Victor had Philip.

I too much preferred Deborah Adair's portrayal of Kate. It wasn't until Lauren Koslow took over the role that Kate really started to show her sinister side.

Back