Speculation on Clyde and Aiden

I doubt that Jordan is Ben's mother... I don't think she's supposed to be *that* much older than he is.

After reading all of your thoughts, I'm even more intrigued as to what Aiden found out. I think it had to be bigger than the trucking front, because of the things that were said, and the fact that Clyde did his own fighting. It could just be the trucking business, but I would be surprised if that's all there was to it. He's protecting Hope fiercely. I think Aiden knows Clyde killed someone. I hadn't thought of his wife, and frankly - I guess because Victor already knows - I had forgotten about Sonny. I'm actually looking forward to this story now... call Guinness!

I am not sure of the age difference between Jordan and Ben , but is it possible that Jordan is Ben's mother? Clyde could have killed Jordan's mother because she was going leave and take Jordan with her? Maybe Aiden found out and so the reference to "family" in Clyde's remark.
No, they're too close in age to be mother/son.

After watching yesterday's show, Aiden must have found something about Clyde
since he lied to Hope twice. He lied about not knowing who beat him up. Then he said he
found out from private detective that everything about Clyde is a rumor.

I'm sure Hope will tell Rafe. Will Rafe believe it?

I've found Aiden's actions puzzling. Because the starting point of his Clyde investigation was things he learned as the pervert's lawyer, nothing he's dug up is admissible in court. And if he hands what he's found to Rafe or Hope, nothing new that they find because of Aiden's information would be any good either. This is the old "fruit of the poisonous tree" doctrine. It's been mentioned that Aiden did this to somehow protect his family, but all he's accomplished is making an enemy of creepy Clyde and putting a big target on his and Chase's back. As for protecting Hope, this simply can't be done. She's a member of the Salem P.D. and it's her job to investigate Salem drug trafficking. The only practical use of his materials would be to discredit Clyde in Ben's eyes or to pass them on to Victor or Stefano, men who can inflict a little lethal extra-judicial punishment on the Poplar Bluff slimeball. In short, Aiden should have left the investigation to the mighty Rafe, who, with his FBI contacts, would eventually put together a sold case against Salem's drug kingpin.

Jordan is too young to be Ben's mother. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Clyde murdered her mother and just blamed it on Jordan. Another thing I was thinking about is. How did the other guest in the hotel not only not hear the fight in the room but not see Clyde get off the elevator? It is a little hard to miss a guy dressed in black wearing a ski mask coming down the hall.

Sometime back it was said that Ben was 5 years younger than Jordan.

And color me puzzled. Aiden dropped Clyde and Ben as clients, so...would not anything he learned NEW about either of them after that be admissable?
What I mean is ...if Clyde was no longer his client.....and Aiden found evidence indicating Clyde was involved in a murder, a robbery, multiple rapes, or that it was actually him who caused the death of his wife..why would that not be admissable?

Aiden dropped Clyde and Ben as clients, so...would not anything he learned NEW about either of them after that be admissable?
What I mean is ...if Clyde was no longer his client.....and Aiden found evidence indicating Clyde was involved in a murder, a robbery, multiple rapes, or that it was actually him who caused the death of his wife..why would that not be admissable?
If any information that Aiden learned as Clyde's attorney was the starting point of his investigation, anything that resulted from the it would be inadmissible. A comparable situation would be Roman imitating little brother Bo and making a warrantless search of Kyle's apartment, where he finds drugs and Kyle's computer. Roman is able to trace the drugs to a supplier who fingers Clyde as the purchaser. Or he finds emails on Kyle's computer that lead to Jeremiah who then rats out Clyde in exchange for immunity. All this information is "fruit of the poisonous tree" (i.e., the illegal search) and is inadmissible.

Last edited:
So then JJ breaking into Kyle's apt., opening the safe, etc. has jeopardized the case the DEA was trying to build???

So then JJ breaking into Kyle's apt., opening the safe, etc. has jeopardized the case the DEA was trying to build???
I had wondered about this and checked it out. Apparently because JJ was not instructed to break into the apartment, and was thereby not functioning as a government agent at the time, anything he digs up is admissible.

Back