1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
5 tablespoons melted shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, melted
In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating constantly. Stir in the milk, shortening and vanilla
-
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, mixing well. Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour for easier handling.
-
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
-
Roll out or pat the dough on a lightly floured board to a 1/2" thickness. Cut with a doughnut cutter. Place the doughnuts and holes on the baking sheet, about 1" apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
-
Brush each doughnut and hole with melted butter and roll in Cinnamon Sugar (recipe follows) to coat all sides. If desired. .........Coat with Icing if so desired.

Sounds yummy, but where is Cinnamon Sugar recipe (I mean I think I can put cinnamon and sugar together in a container :D, but didn't know if there was something else to be added)

Sounds yummy, but where is Cinnamon Sugar recipe (I mean I think I can put cinnamon and sugar together in a container :D, but didn't know if there was something else to be added)

That is just what it was, and I figured we knew that one. I just wanted to post the Horton doughnut recipee, and to tell anyone that was interested, they are wonderful..... I like to make ganosh and dip the doughnuts in it. That is half cup semi chocolate chips, one half cup heavy cream, heated to just under boiling, then combined with the chocolate chips... add tablespoon butter, and that makes the best dipping spread fo the doughnuts, or cupcakes, or what ever.

Back