The Grim Reaper in Salem

This "stalker" story is TAME compared to 2003-04, until they revealed it didn't really happen anyway. Those were also beloved vets, now it's mostly minor characters or ones we don't care for, minus Bo.

Daniel has been on the back burner for weeks now, barely miss him.

I've missed him; he could save Bo! I don't like the way he has been treated by tptb. Wish that he and/or other soap actors would refuse to participate in not-easily-reversible death scenes. :(

Why? Just curious. We all have family & friends that die, some way too soon, some after a long illness. That is life. Why can it not happen on a show? Not only that, but actors, in real life, have passed away, and a show has thus had the character pass away as well.
In this case, this is what Peter Reckell wanted. If the show wanted to recast at some point, they might not have done it this way. Reckell does NOT want to return.
I think this was dealt with in a respectful, and wonderful way. Bo was not shot, murdered, hit by a car, or in a coma. He did not die from the treatment by his captors. He got back home, saw his loved ones, told them all how he felt about them. Not everyone gets a chance to do that.
As far as Daniel goes, well, Daniel had been on overload for some time. deleted spoiler in non spoiler forum... He made a movie, which might be why he has not been seen much.deleted related comments
We have not seen much of Paul, or Eve for that matter. Even Nicole. Stefano is practically non-existent. Oh, we see him on occasion, but he has no dialogue.

MY turn...lol, got caught...see how easy it is to not always be on the ball...LOL....Poirot
(and yes, edited my own post since I was "reported". Ha.

Last edited:
I guess I would like all actors to have the option of being able to return to a role someday, and when they die so definitively, that cannot realistically happen. It's silly of me, I know, but, there it is. Thank you for the kind explanation, Barb.

Unfortunately all actors don't have the option to return to a role, and most of the time it is due to their own personal lives. And their own personal choices. Some actors do not want to get so identified with a persona/character that they are unable to get other roles. (Just tell me how often you see the Walton children, the My 3 Sons boys, the Miami Vice actors, Guiding Light actors (and yes, Daniel Cosgrove - Aiden - was one, but the bigger ones there were Reva Shane, Josh Lewis(Kim Zimmer, Robert Newman) and have not seen them anywhere. You have no idea how much I think Kim Zimmer would bring to Days......oh, boy, to see her go up against Kate would be heaven. Kate needs someone like that.

But to get back to Days.....or any show. Of course we don't like to see a fav pass away, and I know I ramble a bit, but some recasts work well, some do not. When I began watching Days, Bo was played by a recast. No Hope on the show. It was Steve & Kayla that got me watching. Neither liked or disliked Bo at the time. When Philip was recast, I thought the actor did a good job. Many viewers did not. When Shawn D. was recast, not good in my opinion. Belle recast did well, in my opinion. Billie Reed had a couple of recasts........Julie Pinson was superb..again just my opinion. And I could go on......but the fact remains that everyone written off a show cannot be sent to Boston, London, or Chicago.

We still get Chloe back, Melanie, Philip, Belle, ShawnD, and countless others who may be residing elsewhere, but are still alive.

This is what soaps are all about. Coming, going, recast, resurrected, especially on Days. There really had to be closure for the Bo/Hope, fairytale. I agree it was done with respect and very good taste. Again very sad, but romantic.:cry: :love: ShaSha

I have one more actor/charecter that I have loved sence 1990's and they better not kill off.

A. Guy, Wow ! I have not thought about Viv forever. Interesting. She was quite troublesome. ShaSha

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving the darkness of the show right now. I remember this happening back when The Toscanos were around and Hope was dropped in a vat of acid. Lots of things changed and ended up being a better show in the end. Stories were popping up all over the place for years after this.

Same when the Salem Stalker occurred. I think this side of Days has received more viewers than before and it will bring in new viewers. This is a great way to edit a lot of stuff that was wronged by the writers over the last few years. I'm pretty excited.

I'm loving the darkness of the show right now. I remember this happening back when The Toscanos were around and Hope was dropped in a vat of acid. Lots of things changed and ended up being a better show in the end. Stories were popping up all over the place for years after this.

Same when the Salem Stalker occurred. I think this side of Days has received more viewers than before and it will bring in new viewers. This is a great way to edit a lot of stuff that was wronged by the writers over the last few years. I'm pretty excited.

I remember those days too.

It does strike our emotions but I would like to see the deaths stop, unless maybe it's Stefano. :rotfl: I would rather see Ben in the looney bin than dead and have him escape at some point. Most of the cable shows thrive on main characters dying on a regular basis but I personally don't feel it's healthy for the audience. I think we have had our fill here.

Back