The Penthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never realized that when KC sold the Penthouse set that that would be the beginning of the end of J&M but now I realize it was, so in honor of the wonderful memories of the penthouse where John and Marlena lived and loved here is a lovely video I just found.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyo8QhJOLls

AHHH CATHY! how did you know? I just wrote about the fabulous penthouse on my alternate ending...did you peek?

Thank you sooo much! This one is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TbCqO8-cU4

Bashing is bashing, and is something we avoid here.......let's be careful how we phrase things, and remember to be respectful.

Okay, I must be stupid. I don't get where there is any bashing going on here. An opinion was stated and that was it. It's no big surprise that D. Higley isn't the most popular writer to alot of people. It is just a matter of opinion. We don't always agree with each other and that's okay. I don't think that the writing remark was meant to be offensive.

I edited out the bashing remark in a previous post, so it is not there any longer.

Mention of the Penthouse made me start thinking about other sets.....I really miss the loft-apartment set, first occupied by Bo & Hope, and later Steve & Kayla, Jennifer, John, and....? I know there were others after John, but I can't recall who, or when it was last seen. I LOVED that set! With the big sliding door & funky little spiral staircase..... I wanted an apartment just like it. :)

When watching old clips, it's funny seeing what set pieces are still around from 20+ years ago, and recycled in other sets. The curving staircase in the Dimera Mansion is the same one that was in Shane Donovan's manor in England in 1985. And there's this hi-boy dresser (with double brass handles) that I've seen *everywhere* over the past 25 years -- in the Horton's hallway, the Curtis mansion, Jack's bedroom at the Deveraux mansion. Most recently it popped up in Steve & Kayla's hotel suite, and at Colleen's in Ireland. I just about died laughing when I saw it again for the first time (after not watching the show for many years). Couldn't believe they still had it.

I love that some posters are able to remember all these things. I once toured a movie studio in L.A. and saw the warehouses full of stored furnishing props, the clothing, period and modern, jewelry, and was told where various pieces were used. There were also western streets, NY streets, etc. Set designers are masters at mix & match. And that is what they do on Days. (and other soaps as well)

I remember in the penthouse, I never saw groups of framed photos on a piano....but when Brady first came on the scene as a grown 19/20 yr. old, and was unexplainedly rude and ticked off at marlena.......it turned out to be because she did not let/have a picture of Isabella (Brady's mom) on the piano with the rest of the family photos.
(Was more puzzling that she had a grand piano, when no one played, lolol)

JB.gif

Mention of the Penthouse made me start thinking about other sets.....I really miss the loft-apartment set, first occupied by Bo & Hope, and later Steve & Kayla, Jennifer, John, and....? I know there were others after John, but I can't recall who, or when it was last seen. I LOVED that set! With the big sliding door & funky little spiral staircase..... I wanted an apartment just like it. :)

When watching old clips, it's funny seeing what set pieces are still around from 20+ years ago, and recycled in other sets.

I think the loft is now Sami and Rafe's apt...I could be wrong.

I wonder whats happening to the penthouse set now.

I thought the safe house looked like the apartment that Willow and Shawn stayed in. It is the metal looking door with the lines on it that makes it look the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back