Theresa

This character needs a serious reset in order for her to be remotely redeemable. Here is what I want to see happen.

Bring Vargas back to press charges against her for stealing his money. Have Jen serve as a witness for him and she can finally have Jeannie legally punished for trying to embezzle from the hospital.

Brady and the rest of the Board force Anne to fire her because of this.

She also loses joint custody of Tate and is kicked out of the KMansion.

Sentence her to a short jail sentence along with 2 years of community service. In jail, she befriends Gabi and over time they strike up an unlikely friendship. This will also create tension between Gabi and Abigail.

Once Jeannie is released, she decides to start her life over and start going by Jeannie again, completely dropping the Theresa. She moves in with Caroline as she has now lost her apartment. She also gets a job as a waitress at the Brady Pub working closely with Caroline. This is where she connects with Ben when he comes in to pick up some clam chowder...
The only thing I would add is after Anne fires Theresa, she is terminated as well.

I also agree with quite a few of the posters that Theresa has reached an unredeemable plateau.

I realize this is a soap, but geez. This girl has gotten away with everything but murder and she almost had that added to the list. A little of the real world should be reflected here. Way too much for way too long.

edited to add quote being referred to - JS

I am hoping the new writers will turn her around and she and Brady will be happier people and happy. If they can reform Sami why not Theresa???
Reformed Sami? Unforunately, that was for like a year at most! Then she went to being arguably the worst she's ever been! I doubt Theresa can be redeemed; if she can, it will take a long time.

I hope that as the new writers work transitions in that they will redeem her character. I can't stand to watch her anymore. Love the actress but this character is just getting away with murder, literally. She needs to be on the street and sling some hash and learn some life lessons. She needs to be humbled. She hasn't reached that point. Maybe Caroline having a health crisis will help her realize that family is what is most important. She should focus on her son and family.

I am at a point where I'm just fed up with Theresa. I can't take her anymore. I would like to believe that she can be redeemed but as of right now there seems to be no indication at all. If the new writers are going to redeem her, they better do it all the way. I'll wait and see if Theresa actually does make a genuine change in character. Maybe I'll start liking her again when/if she truly does. I have all but given up on her and hopefully they can turn her around in a different direction.

I actually do believe that Theresa has some very devoted fans but that is mostly because of the way Jen Lilley (Theresa) portrays her, so to me it's kind of the same thing on whether or not the actor or character has fans. At least she has more fans to speak of unlike say... Serena or even Jordan. I can't recall too many people that liked Jordan that much. But believe it or not there are some pretty devoted Serena fans, but that's probably because of Melissa Archer (Serena).

However, I have to respectfully disagree with Jen Lilley (Theresa)'s comment that anybody can be redeemable. I don't know if maybe because she's religious or naive and she was originally a small town girl from Virginia who believes that there's good in everybody. But I believe there's a certain threshold where a character goes over the edge and they reach the point of no return. When Theresa whacked John, I thought she had reached that point but as time progressed, she actually showed some significant signs that she could potentially be redeemable even with that crime under her belt. But now it looks like she's teetering on the edge of that point of no return again, and hopefully Higley & Griffith can pull her away from the brink. Time will tell if Theresa can thrive under the new writing regime.

If the writers truly want to redeem Theresa, they still can, and I hope they can do it in a way that's convincing and believable. Even though Theresa has been using Tate to try to win back Brady and has been acting selfish, she actually hasn't been abusive or neglectful towards him. At least she's not like Clyde who has actually beaten Jordan and Ben as kids and has raped Jordan as a teen. Not to mention he abused his wife too. Clyde is the type of character that is so horrendous that he's irredeemable. In my opinion Theresa hasn't reached those levels yet but if the writers aren't careful she will soon.

Hopefully Theresa can find a good love interest other than Brady and maybe that person will actually give her unconditional love and support and will also respect her for who she is, flaws and all. I don't really expect Theresa to get a backstory soon, if ever, but turning her around and making her a more viable and rootable character regardless of whether she's a heroine, villainess or anti-heroine with a long future on the show, (as long as the show goes on), would be a great start.

Back