Tomlin/Whitsell first round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What storylines were they responsible for during their last tenure at Days? One thing was the introduction of Rafe right? That's all i can dig. Can someone fill me in?

Whitesell was co-headwriting with Higley......while Tomlin was a producer...not a writer.
Whitesell got fired at one point, leaving Higley to go it by herself, until she was let go. I know she did the Theo is autistic story. She got fired when she began writing the Will is gay story.

I am sure there are a few posters here who will be able to recall the time period and the stories written then.

Back in that time, 2008 to around 2010/11....well, we had Nick Fallon come to town, Morgan and the sorority gals, Stephanie and her adventures, the death of Ford Decker. Ava Vitali was after Steve. Max. Melanie in France and coming to Salem.
Sami in witness protection. Kate trying to kill Chloe. And yes, Rafe, Brady came to town, along with Arianna, and then Gabi. Sydney was kidnapped.

The storylines were not actually so horrible. A lot better than what we have seen from the former head writers. I am sure there will be more differences as we have never seen Tomlin write the storylines before. I do miss Ava Vitali, they should have brought Tamara Braun to replay that role NOT Taylor.

Ah yes, it was a somewhat pretty dark time when Ava was around. I think that was around the last time the show didn't make me pull what I hair i do have out of my head. It feels like ages ago when all those stories were going on.

By the time Summer 2009 was ending, Ciara had been kidnapped, into the fall she was rescued, Hope left Bo, Carly killed Lawrence and came to Salem to be under Bo's protection. Rafe had already been held prisoner by Meridith and thrown into the river where Carly found him. Intrigue within the corporations. Philip running Titan. Vivan arrives..the whole mauseleum story.

I'm the oddball in saying, I liked Dena. Wasn't Whitesell fired because the stupid Rafe clone storyline?

Back in that time, 2008 to around 2010/11....well, we had Nick Fallon come to town, Morgan and the sorority gals, Stephanie and her adventures, the death of Ford Decker. Ava Vitali was after Steve. Max. Melanie in France and coming to Salem.
Sami in witness protection. Kate trying to kill Chloe. And yes, Rafe, Brady came to town, along with Arianna, and then Gabi. Sydney was kidnappe

Barb, actually Nick Fallon (debuted 11/5/06), Morgan Hollingsworth (debuted 9/28/2007) the sorority storyline (Fall 2007) all took place under Hogan Sheffer's watch which was from October 5, 2006 - January 24, 2008. I don't know when Ava Vitali debuted so I'm not sure if it was before or after Hogan Sheffer left. Dena Higley was responsible for Theo's autism, Kate's killing Chloe and the Hernandez family coming to town. She also is responsible for the baby switch storyline. As for what storylines Tomlin/Whitesell are responsible for, the only thing I know for sure is that Chris Whitesell wrote the Mel/Nathan quarantine storyline and was responsible for bringing Taylor back to town, I think.

*Source for information is Wikipedia and Soap Central.com Who's who in Salem (character biographies).

I wasn't impressed with most of their stories, but loved the Theo one. They need to focus on restoring the history and characters Days is renown!

Well, all I did was check the Spectator summaries during the 2008-2010 period, and only a few. Just to get a gist of things/stories. Tomlin was NOT A WRITER back then, he was a producer. Whitesell & Higley were the writers.
Doesn't matter when a character arrived in town..as obviously the same characters carry over at times when writers change.

The storylines were not actually so horrible. A lot better than what we have seen from the former head writers. I am sure there will be more differences as we have never seen Tomlin write the storylines before. I do miss Ava Vitali, they should have brought Tamara Braun to replay that role NOT Taylor.

Days was a total Crap-Fest when Higley Hogan were
writing.It was so bad until it almost drove days off
the air.I read an article where Ken Corday stated that he thought
days was finished until he got a call at 2:00am from Nbc
telling him to sign the contract for days to continue.
That was a close one.

edited to write out Ken Corday's name...initials are not used on this board...JS

I'm the oddball in saying, I liked Dena. Wasn't Whitesell fired because the stupid Rafe clone storyline?

Yes, I believe that, along with EJ-Taylor, got them fired. Of course, Marlene and Darrell just made things even worse, so Tomlin and Whitesell were rehired and now we have utter crap again, but even worse than the last time these writers were on!

That is not what Corday says in his book.
I read the Article by Ken Corday in the
Soap Opera Digest.

Yes, I believe that, along with EJ-Taylor, got them fired. Of course, Marlene and Darrell just made things even worse, so Tomlin and Whitesell were rehired and now we have utter crap again, but even worse than the last time these writers were on!
I am ok With Tomlin/Whitesell writing for now.

I disagree. The storylines on right now are unbelievably boring! Marlene and Darrell may have really ruined the show in other ways, but at least there were some storylines that I found really entertaining (Rafe investigating Stefano's murder, Will, Nicole, Lucas-Sami). Now everything bores me to tears!

It is truly surprising that for a sweeps month there is not more REALLY going on. I guess perhaps the show figured that having Sami kowtow to EJ's machinations was enough to keep the viewers happy. :sarcasm: While Nick is sneaking around, and Will can't find the watch on his wrist, which makes Sonny angry... (MORE :sarcasm: )those are two side stories that could be going on any time of the year.
Really, there has been no big surprises, no finishing up of a storyline, just NOTHING.

...@ Smilie881...Corday has not had an article in SOD in quite a while...not about the contract......if so, post the link. And now I tell you what. I don't know why this thread was resurrected, since this was begun last July....and the subject was what was going on then. And now we find ourselves discussing what is happening 7 months later. Closing up shop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back