Tony or Andre(who was a greater characther)

Reaction score
I was looking at this list of the 100 greatest characters in Days history and they had Tony at #45 and Andre at #35. I would disagree but let's face it Andre was involved in some of the most infamous storylines in Days history such as The Salem Stalker storyline and Newsalem, when Stefano was gone from 2001-2006 he was Days top villain from the next five years. Some people would say Tony was a more important part of the show and that would be true if the writers had not decided to reveal that the person everyone thought was Tony was really Andre. That in my view should have never happened they should have kept Andre dead and just kept Tony as a villain mean what was the point of it? Especially since he was on the island for 20 years came back in 2007 and they killed him off in 2009.This is just my opinion so I want to know what you all think.

Hmmm. Hard question. I loved Tony. And loved him and Anna. Wish they could have stayed on longer. But I get that Andre really had a bigger role in the Salem history. So, if that is the criteria . . . .

Wait a sec......I would have to agree with SonnyC. Tony was a wonderful character with great storylines, and ones he did AS Tony. Yes, there was a point wherein Andre' took Tony's place, while Tony was held captive in a room. But Andre died in a quicksand battle with Tony many years ago. We all saw him go down.

After that, the stories were all Tony DiMera....whether he was being nice or nasty (like Stefano , lol). However, that crapola of him being on an island for 20 years, while it was really Andre taking his place...that was someone waving their magic wand, and voila!
No, I agree, Tony was the villain, not Andre, and they should have just left it at that. Heck, they killed Tony in Aremid, too. That also was supposed to be Andre, not Tony.
And yet, Andre' just kept resurfacing over and over.
But.....it was always Thaao Phenglis playing the parts, and he was wonderful.

Since I can't tell who was who anymore I don't know...I thought I liked Tony, but everytime I thought I was watching Tony they changed it to Andre. :/ When I thought I was not liking Andre was it Tony? :drunk::

Recycling?

I understand that there r only 2000 different storyline these writers can come up with n not 2001, but my question is: why do they insist on SO MUCH recycled material??? This tony vs andre poll is what really made me sit back n reflect on 1.how many characters were assumed to be one person but in actuality were another? (Usually being their evil____fill in blank____...that reminds me of cartoon my kids watch fairly oddparents: faired vs anti-fairy lol)2.how many have been" mind controlled",plastic 'surgeryed', etc.3.and of course the most recycled plot: dead vs living..."he died in a horrific car accident due to a suicidal drug overdose forcing the car to burst into flames before rolling off a cliff n into the atlantic being attacked by sharks n his body was torn into shreds...2 months laterhe rises from the dead n resumes his life in Salem...who was in the car then????? Lol sorry im ranting but really, it shouldn't be that difficult for someone whose job it is to come up w something unique....n not dimera caused@ that! On that note, does anyone have the answers to how many people the above 1 2 or 3 has happened on the show? Lol

One thing that is universally known, is that there are only 7 basic plots, so everything is a variation of one of them. ALL SOAPS do exactly the same thing, one only has to read everything in a soap mag, or the columnists who basically cover them all, to see them complain. Three soaps had stories at the same time about "doubles" (we had Rafe 1 & 2). They have all buried people only to have them return some time later.
Best line on our DAYS came when the dead Rolf, we saw him dead, saw Mimi & Rex trying to deal with it, put him in the morgue at the hospital, and Nicole steal the dead body to use as a pretense that someone had died when this car blew up.

and yet, there he was, back in the DiMera mansion some months/year later. I think it was Sami, but someone said......I thought you were dead". And Rolf replied "it didn't take". I mean, that was the only excuse ever given. I still laugh about it.

What finally came of Rolf? I can't remember? I always liked that guy n his characters sense of humor. He was comical lol

He also just was no longer there. It was odd Stefano never mentioned him, but, he just was not there, and instead we have Mary, and Harold.

lol I guess as long as Stefano has plenty on staff with r's in their name its ok :) Marrry and Harrrrold lol

Those universal soap plots might be a good topic for another thread

Back