Updated Peacock news

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Peacock is not “free as a bird” anymore, as its ads once touted.

The streamer’s free, ad-supported tier is no longer available to new customers, our sister site Variety confirms. Instead, new users will only be able to choose from the Premium plan with ads for $4.99 per month and the Premium Plus ad-free plan for $9.99 per month. Existing customers already on Peacock’s free plan can continue to stream without paying — at least for now. Comcast and Cox cable subscribers have so far been able to access Peacock Premium for no additional cost, but that perk, too, will end at some point in the near future.

“As part of Peacock’s growth strategy, we are shifting our focus to the Premium offering which is more reflective of the brand and the unique experience we can bring subscribers,” an NBCUniversal spokesperson said in a statement.

Peacock’s free plan offered only a fraction of the streamer’s full library, with many shows only available on the paid Premium and Premium Plus plans. Peacock is now the exclusive streaming home of NBC’s current primetime lineup, with shows like Chicago Fire, Law & Order: SVU and the new Night Court only available there to stream next-day. It’s also the home to original series like Bel-Air and Poker Face, though it hasn’t been able to come up with a buzzy breakout hit yet to compete with the likes of Netflix and Hulu.

I saw the last episode (which was really good), but missed everything after Dr. Sharp stood up Max on their wedding day until that last one.

Thanks for the link. DirecTV is paid for by the RV park, so no add on.

I received an Xfinity email this week letting me know that I am eligible to get Peacock Premium at no extra cost as a special perk of being an Xfinity Internet customer and a Diamond Xfinity Rewards member (I do not have gig-speed internet). All I have to do is to sign into my Xfinity Rewards account on June 26 to get it for free.

Today's the day that things switched. Even though I've been paying for the ad-free premium plus, that was only available because Xfinity gave us the premium for free. My roomie owns the house and has access to the Xfinity account, so if we received that email with the discount I never saw it. Guess my subscription just went up another $5/month. The things we do to watch our shows.

Back