Wally Kurth (Justin) singing a Meatloaf song on GH

We really do have talented singers and those who play musical instruments on Days. Eric Martsolf (Brady)is a good singer. At one of the Days fan events, there was a bunch of them up there, entertaining the fans who attended. I really do miss the singing on Days.
Too bad Hope and Aiden, planning this "gala", don't have some built in entertainment, besides that dumb art auction.

I know Days doesn't have the budget for them to perform popular songs anymore, but I know Casey Moss (JJ) and Wally Kurth (Justin)write their own stuff, and I'm sure Eric Martsolf (Brady) does (or can), too. Casey Diedrick (Chad) and Chandler Massey (former Will) have a band together. I think the girl that plays Paige is into music, too. Loads of musical talent on the set.

Yes, it has to be their own stuff, as Days cannot afford to pay the royalties. (Oh, I think they could once in a blue moon, but if they did, then people would be clamoring)

Kelly Moneymaker wrote songs (Peter Reckell's wife...he played Bo) and they used a few of hers as background. The only songs that don't require royalties are some Christmas hymns.
Matt Ashford, Wally Kurth, Bill Hayes, Molly Burnett(Jack Deveraux, Justin, Doug, Melanie) all sang and very well. Heck, they don't even want to let Nadia Bjorlin hum. LOL

One time I went to you tube to find a song that Chloe & Brady (Nadia Bjorlin/Kyle Lowder) had sung, and I bet I spent an hour, as there were all kinds of different songs, duets, and singles as well. Loved going down memory land then.

The thing is, Theresa can sing, as can Anne Milbauer, Justin, present Brady, Julie, Doug, and who knows who else. I know Justin plays guitar, as does JJ. (I am talking real life here, figured it was easier to use character names. Abby can dance (yes, ballet, but it is a talent). Maggie used to be a Rockette, so bet she still can do some steps. It was always such fun when everyone got to do stuff like that. I remember Eve Donovan could sing, and did, at Wings. In fact it was named for the song she sang.......Wind Beneath My Wings.

It is a shame that this gala storyline isn't taking advantage of the cast's many talents just like the Nurse's Ball does on General Hospital. It's also a great way to have characters interact in a less formal environment.

There is an episode of Little House on the Prairie in Season 6 called Second Spring where Suzanne Rogers(Maggie) guest stars and Irish step dances. Fun episode if you can catch it on DVD or on the Hallmark Channel.

Back