Wayne's tinkering again...

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Good morning guys,

As you might recall, I poked the proverbial bear a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to evaluate some Social Community software. Didn't know what I was going to do with it, but apparently now I do...

Check out dailygrinch.com, and if you like it, you can follow the official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/dailygrinch

I might suggest that we create a Facebook page for the site, but I'm know how much you guys hate the idea of branching out :)

Wayne

Seems to me I suggested that a few years ago, and you were not too much in favor of the idea. (Talking of a Facebook page) LOL

... As you wish ...

Page created, you invited, e-mail sent. There seems to be another existing Salem Spectator page though, but it appears abandoned... You might reach out to the owner of that page and see if she'd consider relinquishing it or whatever.

Wayne

Thanks. I've liked the page. And that post about the terror report is making me "grinch" as we speak!
What are you talking about? there is thing about a terror report on the Spectator Facebook page.

No offense meant, but that was confusing, and nothing to do with the Days page.

Ok. Sorry folks. The "terror report"? If it appeared on the Salem Spectator FB page, that would have been my mistake. I run several Facebook pages for various sites that I operate and might have accidentally pressed the wrong button when posting something to my DailyGrinch.com page. The post you're talking about should be gone (I don't currently see it) but I'm terribly sorry for any confusion.

Is the Facebook page intended to be an eventual replacement for this board?

Absolutely not. That was the fear that kept us from putting one up, but the fact is that there are thousands of people who simply won't use the Spectator (or any site really) and only "exist" on Facebook. Putting up a Facebook page might be confusing, but the only intent is to help promote the site to a larger audience, and if it happens that we get more members, very cool... The site does allow a Facebook login for a reason :)

Wayne

Back