We are so spoiled

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Remember when there were no tv remote controls?:confused: I'm getting a good dose of it now. Our Dish remote just decided to go haywire and stop working:mad: Guess how long it me to call Dish? Uh about 5 minutes. :D We tried a few things but it's a goner. :cry: So they are shipping us a new one.:clap: Expected delivery is 3 to 5 days. Oh the horror :eek:

Too bad I don't live next door......I have an extra. They are not cheap, either. The universal ones at WalMart work for Direct TV....not for Dish, tho.

I feel your pain. I can't find the teeny tiny remote for the DVD player in my kitchen, and the only button on the contraption is the power on / off. With my luck, I threw the remote away with the newspaper. A new one is $75.00. I bought the DVD player for $39.99. Cheaper for me to buy a new machine if I don't find the remote soon.

Oh, dear. Assuming you checked the universal remotes that WalMart carries.
I have so many remotes for different things, and try to keep them near whatever, so I don't "forget" what goes where. I have two VCRs, the DVD player, the big dish receiver & the digital addition (both no longer useful to me, but both still work)...Direct TV, The TV remote. Blah, Blah, Blah.
Then there is one TV plus a receiver in a bedroom so two remotes for that. At least the remotes are in a different room.

The remote that I'm missing is as big as a credit card, and only thick enough to put a flat button battery in. I had it Sunday morning while eating breakfast and doing the crossword puzzle. It may have been mixed in with the newspaper that went in the garbage Sunday night, and my trash collection is at 5:00 Monday morning.

I have 2 universal remotes for "emergencies", but neither will even bring up the menu for this DVD player. They both worked for the DVD player in the livingroom when that remote went missing for a short time a while ago.

Uh, oh. Does not bode well for that remote. That is like the remote thing for cars. They are tiny and cost like $90 for replacement.

Luckily we don't have to pay to get the remote replaced. Just have to wait. Oh and squirrely I just hate those little remotes. They get lost way to easily.

One time my sister and I lost our DVD player remote. It was so annoying because every time we wanted to watch something we had to get up to press the buttons, including when we had to pause, fast forward, etc. Man, talk about being lazy. Its okay though SarahBeth, I feel your pain. You have no idea how glad I was when we found the remote :p

Back