Wednesday, July 18th

I think Sami wanted to get Austin away from Carrie to prove to herself that she was just as good...or better...than Carrie was. If Austin slept with her, that would mean that he loved her...and Sami has always needed to feel loved...and good enough. She has always felt second-best and unworthy...the girl need therapy in the worst way. But please, PLEASE not with Marlena!

I remember also that Bonnie paid for the baby to be born also. I wonder if she didn't just dump it on Mimi? And that is why she called Sean so freaked out? And why he hasn't told Philip I don't understand. And how stupid the writing is that he didn't remember his own child with Mimi! I am hoping that this child will be brought to Philip and that it will take his interest from Claire a bit. Wishful thinking maybe, but the way the writing has been lately it is possible. I can't wait to see Tony! It will be quite refreshing to have the real Tony and his elegance and charm back! And I do wonder why Stefano has not realized he is Andre yet? I really do not think he would have sent Tony off like that, nor Lexie, I think it was all engineered by Andre, and I guess Bart has known for awhile too huh? And I like Bart, he is so funny, and hate the idea that he is leaving the show. But no-one really dies on Days, so he will show up five years from now I am sure.lol

Sami drugged Austin and set him up to have sex with her. It was definitly rape in my book and like I have heard time after time on this board, especially where EJ is concerned, I don't care what the motive was, rape is rape.
For this reason, I think Sami and EJ are perfect together. In fact, they are the same person in different families, doing whatever they want to get what they want. If people want to hate EJ, they must hate Sami. That girl still isn't rehabilitated yet.
But she is on her high horse right now. A few episodes back, Stefano called her on her moral superiority being laughable, and I said "right on Stefano". That girl is no saint.

Don't get me wrong, I can't get enough of Sami or EJ and when he isn't yelling, Lucas. They are all great to watch. Very entertaining. I feel like I grew up with Lumi, but I am a EJami person all the way! EJami exudes sexual tension. Too bad it will take years and years to explode.

How could Philip completely forget about his and Mimi's baby, the one the surrogate was carrying. I guess once he signed all his rights away to the baby, to him it no longer exists. What a moron. Why the heck would Belle and Shawn want to live at the Kiriakis mansion after all the garbage they put them through. Truce or no truce, they should never of moved in there. Belle is way too trusting of Philip and Victor. What is with these writers. Instead of trusting them and moving in with them, they should of had Belle and Shawn, be more apprehensive around them and definitely not of moved in with them. They certainly should not of had Belle tell Shawn, she would go to Vegas with his only if PHILIP watched Claire. What the heck, how could she be so stinking trusting of Philip?

Bart should have a love interest. He's been on the show and yet has never had one. Come on writers, give Bart a lady. He's quite handsome and has a great personality and a great sense of humor, so how about giving him a break. Anna would be a good choice though she may still have a thing for Tony.

Do not eaqute these 2 events as similar??? From what i remember Sami did want to steal Austin from Carrie and him sleeping with her would be a good way to show she could get that and feel loved, but getting pregnant either way would show everybody and he would have to be with her, not just a one night stand she couldnt prove....a child could come and end it all and give her just what she wanted. But, the actually real point was the rape...to say to not say the events are similar, i dont care if she didnt hold a gun to his head, she drugged him...she made him sleep with her...that is RAPE! Just like Ej did to her. You cant sugar coat rape with reasons and how you did it, or being young 15-16....you still raped.. and that is messed up so I find the events VERY similar! My big point was Sami has been raped and has raped and EJ and here can easily move past that story line and be a loving couple. Cause I really do like them 2.

Plus yes, Bart should have a love interest!!!! How long have we known him, that character deserves some more storyline.

I bet Shawn is also behind those calls.....Philip looked at him a little oddly...maybe a little foreshadowing??

I don't hear Lucas yelling, nor do I hear Sami complaining about his romantic intentions.

What I do see is a couple deeply in love and Lucas reacting as any normal husband who just found out that his wife was raped and is pregnant by the rapist. He's trying to protect her. He's standing by her and supporting her, but that doesn't mean he can't have his own feelings. I love that the writers are giving him his voice back.

As for Sami and Austin--that's exactly why they didn't work as a couple. It's why the vast majority of Days fans would never go down the rape is romance road. It's not.

SuperSami wrote:
I don't hear Lucas yelling, nor do I hear Sami complaining about his romantic intentions.

What I do see is a couple deeply in love and Lucas reacting as any normal husband who just found out that his wife was raped and is pregnant by the rapist. He's trying to protect her. He's standing by her and supporting her, but that doesn't mean he can't have his own feelings. I love that the writers are giving him his voice back.

As for Sami and Austin--that's exactly why they didn't work as a couple. It's why the vast majority of Days fans would never go down the rape is romance road. It's not.

well said supersami :sun:

Supersami, I believe you have spoken very well for many of us!

I don't see Lucas supporting Sami. She is trying to talk to him about her feelings and what she wants and he is constantly yelling at her about it.

While I will say that Lucas might have major guilt because he was the reason Sami did what she did, he shouldn't berate her for wanting to move past it all. She said she wants a happy pregnancy and to love those babies, not to be in the middle of Lucas and EJ. I truly feel for her to have to deal with her own feelings and have to tip toe around Lucas so he doesn't have another fit.

Best thing would be for Lucas to get some therapy...or at least couple's therapy. He is not helping Sami with his anger, and she is ready to put it behind her.

yes, supersami, I agree.
I do not see Lucas yelling either. Nor do I see him having fits of anger. He listens to her, and she certainly does not tiptoe around him at all. That is what makes them such a great couple together.
There are things various couples may disagree on....Bo & Hope do it, John & Marlena, Steve & Kayla.....even Tom & Alice did it. That does not mean they do not care for each other, or understand where the other one is coming from.
I know there are some viewers who just want to whitewash the rape, pretend it did not happen, make up excuses for it, so that Alison Sweeney (Sami) can be paired with James Scott (EJ)
Well, Alison IS being paired with James and they are playing other characters, NOT Sami and EJ.
Sami & Lucas traveled a long and hard road to get where they are today, and they are not going to throw it away.

Sami was raped, and she wants to get past it. Good for her. But it was rape, a nasty and horrible rape. Magazine columnists are praising Days for not trying to have her rapist romance her.

Y'all don't see Lucas yelling? That is all I hear from him. Like the scene with him, Marlena and Sami, when Sami wanted peace and Lucas stormed off? Lucas doesn't let anyone, including Sami, get in a word when it comes to the Dimeras. He is so angry and rightfully so, but he is going overboard.

Let me say that I am a Sami/Lucas fan. I am also a Sami/EJ fan. I think Sami works great with both of them because I promise you, if Sami hooked up with EJ, she would be having "the eyes" with Lucas. That's just the way it is in soaps. The forbidden love and all of that.

I am too exhausted with the topic to rehash the rape situation, but I don't think there was/is anything romantic about the rape...or even how they are dealing with it now. Sami still doesn't want to talk about it, but she is trying to move on and thank goodness!

I also love how she is trying to forgive because she has been forgiven. Good job, Sami.

Back