Wednesday, March 12th

Thank you! I was trying to figure out which salemites actually used the aunt / uncle term and couldnt think of any of the top of my head.

As for the use, on my dad's side my youngest aunt is only 9 years older than my brother (my dad and his brother were born then years later with another father my three aunts came along) so my aunts all told him that they were okay with him calling them by their first names as she realized it could get uncomforatable and there wasnt the age difference to really have the real type of aunt / nephew relationship.

For me however all my aunts and uncles have and will be aunt's and uncles except the one aunt that I lived with for 4 years. A she is only 18 years older than me and with it being just me and her living together for the 4 years we dropped the aunt and had more of a friendship releationship than a simple aunt / neice relationship. As I have grown and my other two aunts have become more friends and on an equal level I find myself occasionally dropping the aunt term when talking to someone else (ie telling my dad that Peg called) but always call them aunt when addressing them.

Another aspect is with my nephew. My parents have full custody of him and I live at home because of medical reasons so I am way more than an aunt, I am closer to a mom. Well when he was told in the early years to call me Auntie Stacey he only ended up getting out nee-nee and even now at 6 that is all he will call me. Even with friends around him and he is trying to act 'cool' lol. His teachers all refer to me as nee-nee too when talking to him lol

~Stacey

what does TPTB mean? i've seen it several times in posts, but i cannot figure it out.

my only guess is "The Powers That Be" i'm sure that's wrong tho. lololol

can someone clue me in please?

That is EXACTLY what it means. and TIIC means The Idiots in Charge.....some folks think they are all one and the same. LOL

We don't know that Stephanie never visited Salem....unless I missed something. The people of Salem travel around the world with less planning than I make to go to Wal*Mart. It's hard to believe that they never visited each other through the years. Remember how we talk about all the things that go on off-camera?
We don't know, one way or the other, but Stephanie doesn't appear to be particularly close to anyone in the Brady family. Most of my relatives live in another state and we visited them about twice a year growing up. I know that they are my family, but I am not particularly close to any of them...there is distance there, in more ways than one. I think Stephanie may be in a similar situation.

I love this John he is hilarious. I wish they would put EJ and Chloe together they would make a much better couple. EJ & Sami should just be friends, though I wouldn't be if he raped me. Peter Reckell (Bo) is such an amazing actor, he is at his best in acting with this storyline, absolutely incredible. I can't wait for Nicole to come back. When are we gonna find out Lucas took the blame for his son. I still think Will shot EJ.

While I was watching Bo I kept thinking they must be poking him with something sharp under the covers to make the random stabbing pains look so real! This has been a terrible week for me to actually watch the show. I read ahead and try to plan my errands around the best shows! There was a time when reading the shows was enough as it wasn't very exciting and moved so slow. Now you can actually miss something....I never got to see "Titan" at all!

My guess is they're going to turn Max into a Good Will Hunting.
He's such a likeable character these days (apart from the sleezeball he was when he first showed up as the racecar driver), that I can't see any logic in making him try to hurt Nick's proposal.
His closet genius will eventually be discovered, and he and Nick will probably form some big research center together or something like that.

Back