What Not to Wear-TLC

Jnta

Reaction score
I guess this is the final season. I have to admit that I haven't been watching long, and mainly through reruns aired during daytime. After watching a show from 2011 that aired this afternoon, I felt the need to comment. It featured a Flight Attendant named Denise, that insisted on dressing like a Barbie Doll Bimbo, who even after the make over insisted that she wasn't happy with the results and would return (at least partially) to Bimbohood:

images
images

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/what-not-to-wear/videos/denise.htm

I love this show. I have seen them do a few minor celebrities. (I swear I saw barbie bimbo. )
But Stacy & Clinton do wonderfully well usually, even with the most resistant slobs, or those who don't realize their assets, and only need to change the style of jeans or pants, jackets, blouses, etc. and many times, just the hair. :)

Yep, usually by the end of the transformations, people realize where they'd been going wrong, which is why I was shocked when with this extreme case, Denise was still missing all of that mascara and the unneeded poofy hair. I saw a few of the celeb shows. Usually they dealt with people who were being hounded by the paparazzi (ex Baywatch babe who'd gained weight after having children, and an ex Facts of Life actress, who'd always been heavy). I really do appreciate that they deal with all body types, even a transgendered person. They also had a single female clergy member attempting to integrate her newly earned clerical collar into a non intimidating wardrobe suitable for both parish work and dating.

Yes, I saw the Mindy Cohen (Facts of Life), and also Mayim Blayhnic (sp??) who is now on Big Bang Theory, playing the dowdy, but brainy girlfriend of Sheldon.
The latter had just let herself go after having children, really was looking more like a hobo, lol. But she talked of babies spitting up, accident with diapers, etc. all the time. She looked terrific when done.
Big bosomed women are always taught the value of a good bra, and various body types, who should never wear pants with pleats......or perhaps SHOULD. Short jackets for some, longer ones for others whose hips are a problem. I really enjoy watching, and also the family/friends response when the person reappears after their week in New York makeover. Always wonder if they really do throw away the wardrobes the folks are asked to bring. :)

According to Clinton's blog, they actually donate a lot of the stuff from the people's throw out wardrobe to charity.

I'm really sad this show is ending. Also sad that I never know when it's on, the new episodes I mean. They've changed the nights/times around a lot.

I love this show and am sorry it will soon be off the air. The empowerment they give to their clients is heartwarming, they really do change lives. I can't even imagine having $5,000 to spend on clothes. I live in NY but can't afford to go to most of the places they shop in. :(

They HAVE moved it around a lot, and probably have lost a lot of devoted audience because of that. Maybe that is why they decided to end it. But then, I think it has been on 10 years. Heck, I watch reruns, just get a kick out of it all.

Back