What's My First Line??

Jason47

Reaction score
WHAT'S MY LINE??

When Glamour interviewed some cast members at the "Days" party and asked them what their first line of dialogue on "Days" was, I thought it would be fun to show some of the first lines of Salem's longest-running citizens.

Here's a look back at Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), Bill Hayes (Doug), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Deidre Hall (Marlena) and James Reynolds' (Abe) first-ever words on the show.

Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie): December 11, 1968 (to Tom)... "I'm fine, thanks."
Bill Hayes (Doug): February 18, 1970 (to Bill)... "Welcome aboard."
Suzanne Rogers (Maggie): August 20, 1973 (to Mickey)... "Yes, what is it?"
Deidre Hall (Marlena): June 21, 1976 (to Mickey)... "Stuck?"
James Reynolds (Abe): October 29, 1981 (to Mickey)... "Something I can help you with, Counselor?"

12240337_650274155114862_3416108814015586983_o.jpg

LOL, Poirot! Good point. I wonder is there a way to search such a thing on here? I know I came out of lurkdom here back in 2008 when it was apparent that Nicole was about to lose her first baby and there were a few posters who were Nicole-haters and were actively rooting for her to lose her baby and I just couldn't take it and had to post!

Very cool seeing the old scripts. I love all the parenthetical directives. It's neat to see that kind of thing!

LOL, I saw that interview, Jason47, and it was fun.........and so are these. Goes to show how short and non-commital those first lines can be.

Thank you.

I found it quite ironic too....if you notice, 3 of those 5 actors' first lines are all questions to Mickey Horton. What an odd coincidence that 3 very long-running cast members would all ask a question to Mickey as their first line!! :)

Back