Why bother bringing Aiden back at all?

SarahBeth

Reaction score
So the show does the right thing and has Hope move on with her life slowly, having her fall in love with a great guy. They they decide to ruin it and make him bad. Did not most of us hate that? So why bring him back to not redeem him?

The Rafe and Hope as a couple story has been terrible. Rafe watches her being in love with two other men until they both die. So he is her overly weak third choice. Oooooh there's a compelling story. NOT.

They could have brought Aiden back and redeemed him making this a really good love story. What an epic fail.

Sorry, I disagree. Couldn't stand the character of Aiden from the get go. I thought Hope was weak for falling for him and I was happy to see him GONE! I'm not the biggest Rafe and Hope fan, although I do like the character of Rafe and would like to see him paired with someone his equal (not Kate, not Jordan - you get the picture).

The character, to me, was an epic fail. I can't believe today's episode. It makes Hope look stupid and clueless. I'm not saying this because I like Rafe, although I do. Rafe or not, Aiden needs to get lost. Hope wanting to try with Aiden after what Chase did to Ciara is DUMB. I know he is not supposedly responsible for what Chase did, but Aiden still did enough lying, cheating, etc. for Hope to know better. She knows he was after her money in the beginning. That would be enough for me to say "get out of my life and stay out". Today was a furious day for me between Kate and Hope. UGH :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::beat:

I think today's show made Rafe look as dumb as Hope. Him just sitting there like a whipped puppy and agreeing with her that she has to see what is still there with Aiden was dumb. Rafe normally would have been saying it like it is and telling her that HELLO, look at what the guy did to you. Where is the stand up guy that was kind but still didn't let Sami get away with her spoiled brat stuff? This gee golly I'm ok with crumbs of attention guy needs to go.

This is what happens when the suits tell the writers.....hey, do this or that. They caught a lot of flak for throwing Aiden under the bus in the first place. The gambling debt, gettin g Hope to give him $100,000, the DiMeras buying Aiden's debts to blackmail into killing Hope, him agreeing, etc. etc.

So...the suits say, bring him back, make him undead somehow. And this is the result. Poor Aiden held prisoner in solitary confinement for 6 mos. with only a dead bird for a companion..gets home, and first thing out of his mouth to Hope is a lie (kidnapped when we got engaged).Bad enough what the writers did to Chase, now make things more difficult. And now the writers are compounding Aiden's misdeeds....Kate gets to offer him big $$$$ to forge documents. Yes, he only wanted the money to help Chase......that is not going to erase the stigma. Ugh.

Shame on Griffith for writing it, shame on Corday & Greg Meng for allowing it.

To me, forging the papers for Kate, isn't anything close to Justin destroying evidence, Roman and Rafe and Hope covering up a murder, Steve lying about killing Ava, etc. They all did it to help family and so is Aiden. Kate being fake married only gets her the Kiriakis money, for now. And Aiden made it clear it was a one time thing. Yes he has done other things, but I just don't see this Kate fake-docs thing as anything damning.

Reactions: YPG
I hope so and when I think about it, "old Hope" would have had a plan, and would not let anyone except for maybe Bo or Roman in on it. You are probably right. Then Rafe will be with Blanca, which might lead to another story/triangle.

To me, forging the papers for Kate, isn't anything close to Justin destroying evidence, Roman and Rafe and Hope covering up a murder, Steve lying about killing Ava, etc. They all did it to help family and so is Aiden. Kate being fake married only gets her the Kiriakis money, for now. And Aiden made it clear it was a one time thing. Yes he has done other things, but I just don't see this Kate fake-docs thing as anything damning.
Aiden actually entertained the idea of killing Hope, and only in the last seconds did he back off. He changed the beneficiaries on trust funds, & insurance policies...and that was only to help himself, not family. But, to me, the fact that he returned after living a terrible way for 6 mos., managed to escape, and popped out a lie to Hope before you could blink. He did not even attempt to see his son for quite some time. And even went to see Andre in jail.....that was a huge mistake.

I really hate what has been done to the character of Aiden....I am sorry they brought him back. And if anyone thinks that forging those papers for Kate is the end of his wrongdoings......think again. There will be more for sure, I have no doubt at all.

Last edited:
As I clearly said, yes he has done other things. I clearly stated I don't see issue with the marriage license, is all.

Well, obviously, it is NOT just the marriage license, since his return. There are other things as well. Actually, Kate will be the one who gets in hot water if the forgery is exposed in any way.

But that is not Aiden's only misstep since he came back to Salem, and that is why some feel Aiden is just being thrown under another bus. As noted ...why bother bringing him back if the idea was not to correct what happened before? Instead they have Aiden continuing to follow his dark side.

I will say again, I realize and have acknowledged twice now, that is not the only thing. But it was the only thing I was talking about. I was merely voicing an opinion about him forging the marriage license.

I liked the actor but do not like what the story has become. Even with Chase - here are people not related to everyone in town can do a better storyline with that! Belle shouldn't have to be the town lawyer alone and have Aiden come back as an okay guy and maybe hook up with Jennifer then causing drama between her and Hope...lol I don't know I am just pulling ideas out of the sky.

Well, since this is not a spoiler thread, I won't say more. Yep, you are entitled to your opinion. I admit I was looking forward to Aiden's return, as I truly like the actor, (Daniel Cosgrove), but I feel the writers once again are throwing him under the bus.......and it began when he lied to Hope about when he was kidnapped.

Well, obviously, it is NOT just the marriage license, since his return. There are other things as well. Actually, Kate will be the one who gets in hot water if the forgery is exposed in any way.
Kate could be charged with possession of a forged instrument and if she had used it to get "legal" possession of the property that Deimos stole from Victor, she'd be charged with fraud. If Kate then decided to reveal where she got the fake marriage license, Aiden could be charged with forgery, which the way things are going, may be the least of his crimes. Of course since this is Salem, nobody may be charged with anything. Roman and Justin filled their annual quota with the cases against Andre and Chase. This means they're good until 2017.

Of course since this is Salem, nobody may be charged with anything. Roman and Justin filled their annual quota with the cases against Andre and Chase. This means they're good until 2017.
Don't forget busting our pal, Rory. They're good until 2018!

My poor Rory. :cry: "Some people can't be helped". I wanna give him a hug.

You know what I thought was gonna happen. lol I thought Aiden was going to pretend to be Deimos and they would get "married".

Back