Why I will always root for Austin & Carrie

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score

Yesterday while watching the current Will clips, I wandered over to another DAYS channel and got caught up in some of my favourite 1990s storylines. This youtube video has great scenes of the early years of Kate, Austin, and Billie. And in the same sequence (although not in this clip), we are treated to early Carrie & Austin.

So even though I hate the current portrayal of Carrie-Beta, I will continue to root for them and will choose to have selective amnesia once they are eventually off the show. But I want this Carrie/Rafe madness to end now.

I had forgotten what a good actor Patrick Muldoon was!

And IMO Lauren Koslow will never hold a candle to Deborah Adair (no offence to Ms. Koslow intended). I literally watched these clips for two hours last night, usually I am on youtube for about 5 minutes.

Also goes to show you that the current PTSWNB couldn’t write Austin out of a paper bag.

The video will not play for me. :(
I usually do not have a good memory for all the details and story lines from the past, but Deborah Adair made a strong impression on me. Re-casting the character of Kate really changed her personality. I still recall Deborah's Kate had distinctive speech mannerisms that made her seem more "real" and less of a caricature. Since the re-cast, I think Kate was made increasingly one-dimensional.

Dark horse, go to youtube.com and search for "Who Killed Curtis Brown 92" and you will find it! It was uploaded by daysmyway, who has lots of other videos too!

Totally agree with you about Deborah’s Kate. She could be mean, but was a lot softer. Lauren K. never softens that much. I wish she were another character b/c I do respect and enjoy the actress.

I too love Austin & Carrie. This go-round Carrie is different, just like they wrote Jen different. Give us back our great characters!

Pretty sad when I enjoy surfing youtube vids more than watching the live show. Wouldn't have happened in the 1990s. Just sayin’.

(OK I know there was no youtube in the 1990s - but y’all get my drift, right?)

Back