Why you continue to watch Days

Why you continue to watch Days?

• I lost a bet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have watched forever, but I voted because I'm enjoying the storylines. I don't (never have) always like every storyline, but if I did it would be a soap, it would be boring for me. I'm not looking for a Pollyanna-type show, here, thank you. lol I like to poke fun, pick things apart, speculate (and I do that with books, movies, too), which makes it even more fun for me, but I'm not giving up my Days!

I've watched it all my life and good or bad, I'll watch it 'til the end
I had to vote NOTA (none of the above) because there really wasn't an option I liked. Even in the past when I didn't watch, I still cared about the characters. It's getting harder to care about them, but I still do.

*Edited*

I went with "it's a habit". I just can't quit...I can skip/fast forward through the parts I don't care about. I couldn't say I support certain couples because for me the show is about more than just a couple. I do support some characters, but my viewing doesn't hinge upon those characters (like Melanie's gone...Tony's gone...but I still watch...Nicole was gone for a while, but I didn't quit watching when she left...and so on). The storylines...eh, some are interesting, but not on the edge of my seat interesting. I do like the slow buildup to the Nick-Vargas-prison storyline, to keep us wondering, guessing and piecing it together. Compare that to the Daniel/Jennifer merry-go-round....ugh. I guess the "habit" is more of a sentimental tie to the show, like it's "my show", "my soap", and I will stick with it because of that.

I did giggle at the "lost a bet" choice.

I only watch some scenes on YouTube. That way, I can miss gross EJ-Sami and boring Chloe. But I know I will watch again when EJ-Sami are done. I, like other viewers out there, am trying to get my point across that rape is not romance, and us fans don't want Sami and EJ running the whole show, as the writers have some idea that everything is about those two (maybe that is why Sami is so narcissistic!). Otherwise, I watched because I loved the show and cared about the storylines. In 2010, I liked all of the storylines, I really did (fall of 2010, that is). In 2011, I liked all except for EJ's romance with Taylor and FakeRafe, but once that was done, I loved the show completely (besides the grief sex). In 2012, the only storyline I didn't like was, again, EJ-Sami, and later Nicole being trashed for Daniel. But I still watched because everything else interesed me. Now, I only watch for some good Will-Sonny scenes, Nicole, Lucas, the occasional Daniel-Jennifer and Rafe-Kate. But only on YouTube. So I voted "none of the above".

@Daysdegrassi
But I still watched because everything else interesed me. Now, I only watch for some good Will-Sonny scenes, Nicole, Lucas, the occasional Daniel-Jennifer and Rafe-Kate. But only on YouTube. So I voted "none of the above".
and look how clever you are, if you would watch all of the show, little one, you could be just so smart like the rest of us... or teach us how... I have just watched since it started, and do not know what to do with my afternoons, if there was no show, or if something happened to the show. You sure know a lot about the show, if you do not watch it all... proud of you.

I still read the recaps, that's why I know about the show's goings on right now. I also watch scenes on YouTube. When I say "don't watch", I mean on the TV, so I don't give my ratings to the crapfest airing now.

Atta boy Sirramix... Sleeping with Hope, and not getting oneself into any sort of trouble... I agree with you... Besides the enjoyment,,, I have done it so long, I am not sure what to do with that hour, when I know what is going to happen on the show, and I want to watch it...

I don't know why I continue to watch but I said it's a habit. Parts of me still watch because I've watched since I was a kid and parts of me watch in the hope that past characters will finally get good storylines written in character. There doesn't seem to be very good character development and that is what drives people to like some characters to see what they've gone through to get to the person they are today. Most times everything is wrapped up in a nice little ball with no build up to the climax and if they do try to do buildup, it goes on and on and on like the energizer bunny...........................OR Brady!!

Back