Will's behavior

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Will is acting like the child in this marriage and needs to grow up and take responsibilities for his actions. He sure is the son of Sami.

I did not like Will being so bratty.

Will complained to Marlena about nobody congratulating him on the article.

Poirot said:
Will wants to blame others, just as Sami does.

I've been thinking about how Will commented to Sonny the other day, something to the effect of, wondering if Sonny thinks he's a baby. I think that is just how he is behaving. If this sounds familiar, just think of where Will got it.

Will said it's about time he began bringing in some money and, that, I agree with. Yes, I know they're married, but it was good to hear Will acknowledge that Sonny has been supporting the three of them.

I haven't watched today's show yet, but I did read the summary and saw where Will just left the apartment seemingly not thinking about his daughter. Of course, he knew Sonny would take care of her but, again, that's just something Sami would do/has done. Sonny has two children to care for; not just one.

Yep, it looks to me like Will is a slice off the old ham, except that he's a wuss and Sami, at least sometimes, has a backbone.

What do you think of Will's behavior?

I think Will knows full well he went overboard trying to show his mother she should cease and desist in her vendetta against Abigail. And that just because he did not put a name on the other woman, he put in enough information so anyone could figure it out.
So..he is acting like a jerk, and boy am I being polite. No different than the little kid who has a screaming tantrum, laying on the floor, kicking his feet. Or perhaps screaming and crying in the store because Mama won't buy him some dumb, cheap toy that would not last long enough to get it home.

I wish Sonny would tell Will if he doesn't want to be treated like a baby then QUIT acting like one!!!
00020395.gif

Will is officially Sami's son. He insisted on doing things his way without much forethought and didn't listen to reason when Sonny urged him to tell Sami, et. al. about the article ahead of time. Now that the whole thing has blown up in his face all he wants to do is blame others, name-call, and go pout about it. He's totally Sami. Perhaps not quite as vindictive but definitely stupider.

He's acting like a spoiled brat. So much of his energy for years has been spent telling Sami that she's awful and he's never going to end up like her. And now.... well, the apple definitely did not fall far from the tree. In fact the apple just rolled around Horton Square waiting for him.

DrBakerFan, with all the grammatical and punctuation errors in the article, I doubt Will could even spell "glorified barista." He doesn't seem to realize that that "barista" has been feeding and clothing his butt for the past couple of years, not to mention cleaning all sorts of bodily function rejects off his daughter...with nary a complaint.

Sonny also supported the "baby mama" for a whole year. Sorry but a "glorified barrista" wouldn't make enough to support three adults and a new baby. Will's level of ingratitude is insane.

I get Will being upset that Sonny didn't tell him that he asked Victor to point a publication in Will's direction. But it's what Will did on his own that has lit a fire under everyone involved causing more hurt, anger and hate than Abby and EJ's affair and Sami's revenge combined.

What's worse is that by outing how Sami and Kate took over the company is now causing his twit of a mother to turn to EJ for help and unless Kate stays next to Sami's side reminding her of EJ's betrayal and reassuring her that they can handle to company issues together Sami is going to go crawling back to EJ and beg him to be with her. BARF!!!!!!!! :sick::sick::sick::sick:

But what didn't make sense about the article was that Sonny read it before publication and congratulated Will on how great it was complete with champagne and a roll in the hay. Then when the article comes out Sonny reads aloud the description of Abby and chews Will out because it was written way to easily for people to figure it out.

Yeah, I don't get why Sonny didn't tell Will that Abby was easily identifiable from his description of her in the article. But after it all hit the fan, suddenly Sonny has an issue with how much detail Will gave about how Abby was "connected" to the DiMera clan.

While I'm not thrilled with Will's behavior I think there is some poor writing to blame.
Like JS posted, Sonny read it beforehand and now he has an issue with how Will described her in the article?
And what does that have to do with it anyway since she was named in the article?
Sure they have to have strife in their relationship (it's Salem after all) but I am not liking this.

But what didn't make sense

Welcome to Salem, SarahBeth ! :wink:

Seriously, so many things don't make any sense in this storyline, and in all the other storylines, I hesitate between :rotfl:or :cry:. I chose to :rotfl:because, well, I don't want to waste my tears on TIIC.

To get back on topic, you are so right about Sonny just NOW telling Will that Abby was easily recognizable. Why not before ? Because Sonny felt guilty about finding Will a job ? Big freaking deal ! Everybody needs a push sometimes. You know, from those people called "contacts" ?

Anyway, I can't comment on Will's behavior, because I don't recognize him anymore. Once again, the writers take a good character with great potential and transform him into someone who acts like a two year old, creating false drama and stupid conflicts. Considering Will's crazy upbringing, I thought he was a pretty decent guy.

Even now, I somewhat see his motives, having dealt with his mother's lunatic behavior for so long that it rubbed off on him (let's hope it's temporary insanity in his case, not like Sami who, in my opinion, has always been crazy). And I can't comment either on this article stuff, as I find it soooo contrived and sooooo stupid, I don't even know what to say (and nope, I did not read the article in question, as, and no offense to anyone, I just didn't care enough to bother).

But Will's reaction towards Sonny is so out of proportion, it's ridiculous. So is Sonny's reaction, when you think about it. Once again, the writers had to create stupid conflicts to bring cheap drama. Sometimes, I think they are the ones who act like toddlers throwing tantrums in the writing room. I can just imagine the scene :

Writer one : "Either Sonny and Will have a conflict or I will hold my breath until I turn blue."

Writer two : "But there are so many other interesting things we could write about..."

Writer one : (Holding breath, turning blue)

Writer two : "All right, all right, we'll do it !"

:rolleyes:

It seems to me that at one point he did try to point out to Will that there were inconsistencies in his logic and that he should talk to Sami and Abigail before it went to print. But Will, like his mother, over-talked Sonny every time he tried to make a point. and if he couldn't over-talk him he talked him into bed. Again much like his mother, LOL.

I was going to say the same as liasgrandma. Sonny did all the congratulatory, feel-good, boost Will's ego stuff before he mentioned anything even slightly negative or critical about the article. He did start in on how easy Abigail could be recognized and asked if Will truly thought this was the best way to handle Sami. BUT, it was all in a backhanded, passive way instead of being up front about it.

As far as Will's behavior, I hope that his blaming Sonny for this mess is short-lived. Will created the mess with the article. If Will had gotten a job on his own merit, he could still have been put in this same situation. It doesn't matter how he got the job; it matters that he accepted the job, accepted the assignment, and wasn't prepared for the "fact-checking" that his editor did. Now, Will and Sonny have bigger relationship issues because Sonny does treat Will with kid gloves and Will is very much like Sami and reacts impulsively and doesn't consider consequences.

Back