Will's funeral

Will Horton's funeral was a huge letdown, but oh my gosh, Lucas and Sonny :(. Sami was only tolerable in her scenes with Lucas at the funeral and the focus should have been on them more.

I thought that a more elaborate funeral for such a core character would have been appropriate. I thought the whole thing seemed like a fly-by. His funeral was no more elaborate than Paige's, except for the nice stories that were told, and we as an audience, were far more attached to the character of Will than the character of Paige. And the fact that they had Abby crying and holding onto the arm of the murderer and trying to get him to go up and speak for them was just an awful slap in the face.

I loved Sami and EJ together but I really wish that the writers would not have attempted to overshadow the death of her first born child with a letter from EJ. It wasn't even a good exit strategy because obviously if she had left her children in LA, her exit strategy would have been that she was going home to her other children.

James Scott (EJ) has said that he would not return as EJ and I don't know if Ali Sweeny (Sami) is planning another return. If not, then her leaving on a hunt for EJ just seems like a dead end story to keep EJ/Sami fans appeased and waiting for something that isn't in the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that Will's funeral was done very well. Yes, there were some folks missing who are already in town (Sonny's parents, etc). Others should or shouldn't have been in the first row (it was rather obvious with Sonny, but... details! LOL). They could have at least mentioned others (Austin and Carrie, etc) and why they couldn't be there. But generally speaking, it was done very well. It was emotional and made me feel more sadness for Will than his character may have deserved in recent months/years. I hate to see him go, but if he had to go, he got a good send-off.

Back