wishing for families

grammy9

Reaction score
As a long-time viewer, I would like to see a return to more family oriented stories. There doesn't seem to be one traditional family unit that isn't being pulled apart by characters making really bad choices. In my circle of friends people make commitments to be faithful and stay together. Has anyone done that on Days? Why hasn't Abe remarried? He has a small boy and is an honorable man. Are there no women available for Abe? Even though EJ and Sami were crazy, they were a married unit with their children.

The stories now are so depressing and dark. Couldn't we please have some light hearted moments? That was one thing with the older stories with characters such as Jack and Jennifer. Their stories were fun as were the ones with Patch.

I really miss the wisdom and stability that Days had when Alice was alive. Isn't there anyone who could play that role? The matriarch, the smiling, wise, donut-making grandma? Most of my friends are real live Alices. We bake, babysit, comfort, and keep house. We also travel, go to yoga, shop, and visit with friends. And some of us watch Days. I have never seen anyone on Days watch TV. How ironic is that!

There isn't any character on Days that I dislike, exactly. They each have their own purpose and place. In any story, there have to be adversaries and friends; the good and the bad.... but not the ugly. The storylines are ugly. Here we have John and Marlena back together but their story is moving so slowly, as is Hope's and Aiden's.

Let's get past the Will/Sonny/Paul storyline and move forward. The same with Jordan, Abby, Chad and Ben. These characters are treading water. They need to sink or swim. Poor Nicole deserves a strong, handsome man. She's had enough hardship; give her a break! Come on Days.....move it, move it, move it! Whew, Ok. I've had my say. Sorry, I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks for your patience!
:hug:

If you remember when Rafe was brought on, he watched sports on TV. He also watched TV with Sami.

Also great family scenes with Sami and Rafe and the kids. Fixing broken toys or getting ready for Christmas. Also school pictures on the refrigerator. Miss that kind of stuff, too.

I'm so glad that some of you want more humor, too. Sometimes I wish they'd just rerun the early episodes of Days. Except for Stefano and the weird stunts he pulled with Marlena, the shows were fun and interesting. Does anyone remember when Jack and Jennifer were doing the morning TV show? They were so funny. Maybe the writers should have Nicole to a TV talk show. That could be hilarious.

Back