writers................

Too bad Corday won't give up control or overseeing to someone really responsible and caring, as his mother was. It is obvious that after all these years, Corday still doesn't understand, or pay attention to his soap.

That's my wish as well Poirot. I wish he'd either sell to NBC and take an early retirement or hire someone to oversee who knows how to run a soap and listen to fan feedback. I don't think it's simply the 6 month tape to air lag that hurts the show but rather the fact that they don't listen to fan feedback until it's too late or they don't listen at all.

Corday's mother was on top of everything. She knew story being written, and would tell them to can it, when she knew it would not go well. Within a day or two of taping, she would know if an actor fit a role, etc., maybe even before.

Corday pays no attention at all, if he happens to be asked to read an outline or something...nods, tis all fine. He has never been able to oversee the show well, tho his mother tried so hard to get him in that direction.

Yes, NBC itself has caused a lot of problems, and know full well the afternoon audience that disappears when a soap gets cancelled. Days has such a huge following, such a loyal audience....cast members are always amazed at it. If NBC cancelled Days, would not take long before it would be grabbed by another network, or a cable one.

If NBC cancelled Days, would not take long before it would be grabbed by another network, or a cable one.
Unlikely, better-rated soaps couldn't get a pickup even on cable. Our best hope would be for a spinoff that wasn't as costly to run on a streaming service.

That said, I'm hopeful Days doesn't get cancelled, and that Corday turns it over to someone who gives a fig. (It would still make him money, after all.)

Back