Yes, a wardrobe rant.

Well, I own a hippie shop in an art park. So I wear tiered skirts and peasant type tops almost every day to work. If I am at home, even working from home, I wear my pjs, jeans and a tshirt if i am going to the store or something. But, as a nod to my corporate background, I wear ballet flats (my feet don't do heels anymore) and never sandals with my hippy garb. lol.

My shop is blocks from the state capitol. Driving home, I see everyone coming out of the government buildings, lobbyist companies, lawyers office, courthouse etc., going to their cars. Most all of the women wear slacks and a nice top. I don't know about shoes because they mostly wear their sneakers and carry their shoes in their bag. It makes me sad. The thing I miss the most about corporate America is the clothes.

edited to write out texting phrase - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
She is not due until perhaps April or May, so...she has good reason to tease Ben about there being many months to go yet.
Actually I think she would be due Feb/March-ish. Assuming it's Chad's baby, they conceived in early/mid June. So having her starting to show now is appropriate. I think her comment to Ben about having "months" was in reference to whatever that baby gear item he was trying to put together which was probably something for a 6 month old baby so that made sense.

A few years ago I attended a talk by TV newscaster Kate Snow. She is about 5 ft 8 I'd say and was wearing really 4-5 inch high heels. One of the first things she said was she had to wear them because they look better on TV. This coming from someone who is primarily seen behind a desk.

So I get why the show uses heels so much but it should be also be realistic in the context of the character's profession and social situation. I laugh whenever I see Hope in 4 inch heels doing policework.

Oh, heels, for some reason, do make the leg look better. No doubt. But, yes, the character's profession & the social situation should be a factor. Heck, one cannot even see the leg in jeans, slacks, sweat suits, etc. But on female talk shows, the women, at times, sit in chairs, full view, so, the shoes/legs do show. News shows, sometimes the reporters get up, go outside to talk with the gathered throng.....????

Remember the special spotlight Entertainment Tonight used to put on Mary Hart's legs back in the 80's? (I couldn't find a picture of her at the ET anchor desk)

maryhartlarge.jpg

Did you all notice that when Julie, Maggie and Caroline went to the mansion that first time all dressed to the nines they all were wearing black and white? It definitely looked like a southern ladies luncheon.

The high heels definitely ruin your feet over time. In the 70s and 80s, I always wore 4 to 6 inch heels when going out. Now, I can only wear expensive sneakers with special orthodicts in them. I dare to put on flats when going to a wedding, funeral, or business meeting, but I have a hard time walking after an hour.

Kate dresses like a gypsy gone wild at a yard sale.

I have to admit Toby, that's the funniest thing I have read in a long time! Spot on assessment of Kate. We call her Ziggy Stardust at my house!

Wasn't Jennifer's dress today the same one when she wore when she was rushing out of the Pub yesterday to go see Hope in the hospital? She must have taken a circuitous route to just now be finding Hope. Hate that she had to wander around Salem all night in a sleeveless dress.

It didn't look as bad today (Jen's dress) as it did the other day (same dress I know lol) It just seemed so straight and papery. Maybe it was the powder blue. Just made me think "dentist".

I kind of wish the show wouldn't give the actors so much control over their wardrobes. It's obvious based on interviews and just looking at the characters that some of the actors (Marlena, Sami, Kate, etc) have a say in their own wardrobe. Often that leads to stuff that is not as flattering on camera.

I am not liking the make up the last couple days. The foundation is so thick and dark.

Back