1-18-16 - Donuts and snow

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just looked out my window and there is layer of snow on the ground and street. Schools are closed
today because it's Martin Luther King day. It's 14 right now with a wind chill of 6. It's going
to be so much fun walking the dog today .... Not.

I hope everyone has a nice Monday.

Good morning all ~

I took my young housemate to the hospital last night and then came home to catch a few hours of sleep. When I checked around 4:30 this morning, she was sleeping. I will head back up to the hospital to be with her when hard labor sets in. She is very nervous. I remember that feeling with the first pregnancy.

Good morning, all! Not happy about this cold snap! :eek: I spent the night trying to sleep in the fetal position, with the quilt up to my chin, primarily because I was too lazy to get up and find a blanket. And this from a former Boy Scout, who should remember the scout motto, "be prepared!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: In weather like this, I feel sorry for all the animals who do not have some form of burrow.

Be careful out there, people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, oh, wow, kat...snow!!! for you!!!! Only 14??? Egads. Yep, whatever is going on with this El Nino or Nina or Global warming is really causing problems for the entire country, no matter where one lives. We are 22 below zero this morning, but may get up to zero today. Then we are to inch upwards during the days for the rest of the week, getting up to the 20s by the end.

I have to run into town this morning. Definitely will be dressing warm, and glad I will only have to be outside the car for a few minutes. LOL

Morning all. I spoke with my son last night, the one who lives in the house with the magical fence. It's been raining for a couple of days and snowing in the mountains. So while he'd like to see the sun it is needed and El Nino can keep throwing things his direction.

Lil0, I too remember that. I had my kids at the beginning of the NO MEDICATION phase of natural childbirth. The kids' father had to produce a certificate stating that HE had completed a birthing class before he would be allowed to remain with me in the labor room and travel with me to the delivery room. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about the pain, etc. Not surprising, I had normal labors, and outside of the Rh factor, could have delivered anywhere. It is good she will have someone on her side there.

Stay warm and safe this Monday night.

Good morning everyone. 6* here with the wind chill around -15*F. I haven't ventured out of the house since I moved my car closer to the road during the snow storm last night. When it got light enough this morning, I saw that my rolling garbage bin had been moved by a snowplow into my neighbor's yard. I hope it was emptied into the garbage truck before the plow got a hold of it.

I've been in a funk for the past week, and I don't know why. I finally took my Christmas tree down yesterday. Now my living room looks bare and plain. Wait a minute.....the sun is peeking out making the snow look like diamonds. That's better. :clap:

Happy Belated Birthday, Eras!

Lil0 - Bless you for being there for your guest.

Morning everyone,

-8 degrees, feels like -25 with the wind. Gena is all snuggled in at my sister-in-law's house for a fun day of working on a new quilt and playing.

My mother-in-law went home from the hospital yesterday. The doctor wanted her to go to assisted living for rehab, but she refused. My other sister-in-law (not the one whom Gena is staying with), who has power of attorney, wouldn't make her. Although she doesn't really do much to help her either and she lives with my mother-in-law.

5 of the 6 other siblings have decided they are going to fight to take power of attorney away from her and give it to the oldest brother. The 6th sibling has the worthless sister-in-law as power of attorney too, so I don't know how much her input would help. I see a battle brewing and it's not going to be pretty, but I think in the long run, my mother-in-law will be better off. So much stress.

I hope you all stay warm and safe in this awful cold.

The thing is, mandie, your mother-in-law can name whoever she wants to have that power of attorney, she is the one to sign the paper, unless she can be proved incompetent. Sounds like a few of the siblings need to band together to visit her, have her sign a new power of attorney. (not sure if atty has to be there or not).

My cousin had given one daughter financial power, another the health power. When my cousin was in the hospital, the health power one got an attorney to go with her, have my cousin sign it all over to her, and thus......well, the other 2 daughters were completely shut out of any decisions. Different state, so...well, they all just have to make sure every t is crossed, and all the i's are dotted. :)

squirrel, that is not unusual after all the hectic pace of the holidays, happens to a lot of people. Weather doesn't help. Heck, I never got into the "spirit" as it was. Was glad to get the tree down, but I did leave the Nativity set up longer than I usually do.
robin.....had that RH thing, too.

I believe they all plan go talk to her about it together. I really hope she decides to choose someone else without them having to go to court. But my brothers-in-law, husband, and sister-in-law are prepared to hire an attorney if they need to. If my sister-in-law had her act together it would be fine. But at 47, she still has no clue how to act like an adult and can barely take care of herself much less anyone else. (she gave custody of all 3 of her children to other family members to raise because her boyfriend at the time didn't like kids) She's been living with my mother-in-law for a year. She only pays $200 in rent and still has not managed to save a dime of the disability check she gets, she doesn't buy groceries, pay utilities, or even own a car.

Thanks for listening to me vent. You all are the best.

Hi everyone!

Sunny and 30 degrees here. The snow has melted off the roads so no driving problems.

manda, I hope your husband and his family can get everything straight with your mother-in-law.

Doing laundry today. Having 2 days off in a row is weird. I've been lazy the whole time. Of course I work 2 days and then I'm off 2 more days before I work 6 nights of the overnight shift. This time next week I'll be lucky if I can remember my name.

Stay warm and safe everyone!

Good morning. Yes, it's hard to get used to the changes in weather/temperatures here. One night it's in the 20'sF, next night in the 50's. It's cold one day and in the 60's the next. I guess we have the weather from the Gulf stream to thank for that.

I ordered some food (pellets) for Sparky recently and I usually get a treat for Remmy, too. Remmy's treat came in a separate box, probably because the bird food is in a 10 pound bag, so she got that immediately. I didn't need the bird food until today, so never opened that box. When I did, there was a sample package of dog food in there (with a brochure, lol). It was salmon and barley flavored, for a dog?? It smelled like cat food, but Remmy was happy to have some, lol.

Take care!

Hello you all. It's been a long time since I have visited here and I sure missed it. My computer took am nose dive and I had to save up to get it fixed. I hope all is well with everyone. It is very cold here in Detroit Michigan too.It was 8 degrees with a wind chill factor of -10. Not much snow on the ground yet. I guess for me I would rather have the cold then the snow. Snow makes it harder for me to get around. I have been having back problems and using my wheelchair more then usual. Well I hope everyone has a awesome day and God Bless you all.

Since the sun is out, sun is almost gone. I fed the birds and broke their water pan.
I hope some got a drink before it froze again. I walked Goldie,
I should have turned
around when she was done, but didn't. It was a nice walk, but my hands got cold.

manda, good luck with family.

Great seeing you post, friskie :)

Wow - sounds like everyone is freezing! That time of year I guess except for Noel & Robinsnest! We have been having rain all weekend and today! I have never seen so much rain - it's actually almost taken care of the 28" of snow we had on the ground. Except for where it had been piled during shoveling and plowing it's gone!

Lilo you are blessed for being there for your guest!

Manda sounds like a family feud coming to me - been there and it's not fun! Good luck!

My granddaughter got the flu last Wednesday and spent Thurs evening into Friday afternoon in the hospital trying to break her fever. She went from 30 pounds to 26 in 48 hours - poor little thing is 5 years old and fought it like a trooper. She is much better now. They gave her a prescription for Theraflu and that really helped

Stay warm
Shannon

Back