1/30/16 - Donuts and the Dog Whisperer

Y

YPG

Watch a special block of programming on Saturdays that includes the Dog Whisper Family Edition and it has an episode with Eileen Davidson (Kristen) and her soft coated Wheaton. The episode first aired in Season 1, Oct, 2014. Kelsey Grammar (Frasier) is on this episode too.

I had considered going full speed ahead back into My relationship but pumped the brakes on that when I asked myself would you be happy? No, no I would be not. I am happy single and being around the ex or anyone else I want, when I want. I am not interested in having anyone else in my home, anybody but my dogs in my bed or being responsible for anyone but me and the girls.

It is not like he is not always still around if I beckon anyway. So that is the end of that.

Been sick last week so I did not post or read threads as much. Just had a cough and fatigue but it was killing me. Today seems much better though.

Breakfast is bacon, sausage, eggs & grits. Maybe pancakes too now that I have this bigger kitchen.

I hope things have been good with you all and good day to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's day two of my fall fallout. My body hurts from my neck to my thighs, front and back, though I fell on my back. I don't know why my thighs are sore. It feels like I did some squats. Rolling over in bed last night hurt the most. I must have jarred everything, as it even hurts to breathe deeply.

Today will be nice with a high of 72*, so I'll be outside most of the day. I just won't be very active, lol. It's a good thing I'm tough, since I've become a klutz with age, lol. We have plenty of frosts here and that ramp hasn't iced over. I guess I learned the hard way that it can and will check closely in the future!

Be safe, folks.

Strongly suggest going to doctor, or E.R. With so much hurting, you may have some damage somewhere...a broken rib, perhaps. Better safety check, than worse trouble later on.

Good morning. YPG, it's good to see you. Glad you are feeling better and are enjoying your life as is.

Kt, golly, a fall sure can make the body hurt all over, whether anything is broken or not! I hope you heal quickly. Some time in a warm, sunny spot outside should feel comforting, if it isn't too windy there.

We were in the upper 70s* yesterday, will reach 80* today! Then tomorrow we get a front and drop down to the 60s*. Ha ha, some cold front! This week I fed only protein cubes to the cows, no hay, since they did not clean up the hay I gave them a week ago. Guess they are finding enough grass to satisfy them, so no use wasting expensive hay. Oh, and the tire on the cube cart, which I had repaired last week, went flat again. :( It will probably need to be replaced but I will keep airing it up and see if I can make it through the feeding season before I get a new one.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

An odd coincidence on Friday. Visited a medical facility; was chatting up an RN about the various places we have lived. She mentioned the family name of a childhood friend, and I thought, "Bingo!?" I've been trying to track down an old friend, with no luck. It turns out that one of the RN's best childhood (and current) friends is my friend's sister; he had 9 siblings. I reckon his parents were asked to stand up in church on Mother's/Father's Day! It will now be possible for me to find out if my friend is still with us, via his sister's Facebook page. :)

A pretty day here. I'll try to get outside this afternoon.

I lost my NBC and Fox channels overnight. I can watch Days on POP, but not
other stuff. What I don't understand is why they can put on other TV stations
with NBC and Fox on while we have to wait. Hopefully, I can watch skating on NBC
Sports channel today.

The man at Cox said I can use apps to watch TV shows. My phone doesn't
have apps. So that won't work.

YPG, I hope you feel better soon.

I hope everyone will enjoy their Saturday

No skating for me :(

Last edited:
Good Saturday morning! It will be warm & sunny at 76F today. Breakfast is oatmeal as we over ate last night (ice cream).

YPG: what a joy to have an update from you. So glad you are feeling better & happier in your new home. Kudos for taking charge in your romantic life.

KT: please consider Poirot's advice to see a doctor. Painful deep breathing is best checked out early. Enjoy your warmer sunny weather. We need a new Remmy story soon.

AGuy: wow what a divine appointment. Of all the RNs to chat up, you chose the one with the connection you needed. Good luck on following up on Facebook.

OC: glad your weather is milder than expected. Tires on large farming/ranching equipment is very expensive. Sure hope this one holds out for you this year. Enjoy your weekend.

POIROT: wishing you a lovely Saturday.

KAT: sorry you will miss today's skating spectacular. Cox is a pain. And phone apps mean a tiny viewing screen. I bought a large screen tv because I enjoy a large picture. Frustrating....but the wave of the future per my techie brother. Hope you find a fun activity today.

Last edited:
I wouldn't watch anything on small screen. Do tablets have apps to watch TV?
Do smart TV has apps to watch via internet?

I'll be outside on this beautiful day god made for me
:)

In the past, Direct TV lost channels because of contract negotiations. I think we lost 18 channels one time for about 2 weeks. Another time, yes, we lost NBC, it has happened in other areas, as well. Direct TV put up a notice that it was the networks, I guess hoping disgruntled viewers would write in droves. The thing is, networks do not want to lose any market, so eventually there will be an agreement. Guessing NBC & Fox want a lot more money per household than your cable server is willing to pay.
What happens is....an agreement. and then...a rate increase for you. That is what happened to us.

That is my Directv experience also. BUT it took Cox months before they resolved the issues. That is why I switched to Directv.

KAT: there are apps for tablets and you can stream Hulu/Netflux etc on smart tv's. There is a fee I am dubious paying in addition to Directv.

Does Directv use a dish? I don't want that on my house, When I get
that someone in my life, we can make those kind of decisions together.

Cox is fighting with a TV company that owns KLAS in Las Vegas.
That station is
CBS. They want more money for all the TV stations they own. There is a game
next weekend that is causing the biggest problem right now.

I watch two shows on NBC and one on Fox right now. I can watch
them either on POP TV or on the internet
:)

Morning, or afternoon, all. I've been out reading in the sun. I know it upsets Noel to have such a "harsh" winter, but this is beautiful. I received an email from Cox letting me know I had lost some channels. I lost the CW, which is okay as I don't watch anything on the CW.

YPG, it is good to see you back online. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Kt, if it had been me to make that fall, the bruises would be spectacular. The pretty purples, the yellows and greens. Hope you feel better soon.

OC, good luck with the tire. I have a two wheel dolly I use a lot and it's almost time to purchase a new tire as I'm getting tired of the monthly trips to the air pump.

Good weekend to everyone.

Thanks, Robin. I'm thankful to have an air compressor. I'd be in big trouble without it.

A. Guy, what a nice coincidence for you! I hope your friend is still around.

Kat, I'm sorry you are having to deal with the channel loss. Maybe it will get settled soon. We can hope. That happened to our tv awhile back (Dish). It was out for a few weeks.

Some of you have mentioned Pop lately. Would someone please fill me in on exactly what it is and how to get it? I don't often miss things I want to see (not really much I do want to see) but it happens occasionally.

I need someone to help pay for something new. I'm not working and I have
no idea when I'll get another job.

I spent almost two hours outside :) I would have stayed longer, but I wore
myself out trying to dig out the monkey weed. I think that's what it is called.
I had no idea when it was given to me it would grow so big. It's going to take
a long time to dig it out by myself.

ROBIN: glad you are enjoying our winter weather today. I am looking forward to the rain & cooler temps forecast for Tuesday! Enjoy your sun worshipping as I wait to count raindrops.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is doing fantastic! Today has been an okay but busy day. This morning I woke up really early and went out grocery shopping and picked up some items that were on sale and that I needed. I thought I would be home earlier because I went out early but I ended up getting home around the same time I normally do. After I came home, I had lunch and then did some light reading. I love to read but it made me pretty tired so I ended up falling asleep. After my nap, I have been doing some chores around the house and right now I am kicking up my feet and relaxing before I start dinner. Saturdays, they just fly by!

This morning it was cold and cloudy but it has warmed up since. It is still pretty cloudy though. That is yet another thing I don't like about winter, the darkness.

I have a bit of a headache today, I took something as it will become a migraine if I don't.

I hope that each and everyone of you have a Super Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon everyone

It rained all night and continued for the rest of this morning. It's supposed to rain off and on all day and rain through tonight and tomorrow. Then, more rain through the coming week!

My lawns and big fir trees are all covered in moss. That includes the 2 decks in the back of the house. My son was here last week and cleaned the gutters out. He stepped off the ladder and landed on his back. Did that 2 times and said he was being careful. I have a leak in the vent on the roof in line with my kitchen window. With all this rain I don't doubt it! He is sending a roofer over this week. This is when I really miss Harry.

So far this month I had to get a new radiator for my car, and the dog has an infection. He'll be fine thank goodness, and now I have a leak on the roof! I have nobody but the dogs to listen to all my griping and at least they listen!. :)

I am so sorry that so many of you have lost a lot in your blizzards and I hear you are having more in the next week or so. Prayers for you all.

Last edited:
Back