1-31-2016 - Donuts and an Early Morning

K

ktspirit

Good morning, everyone. I had to get up around midnight. I was getting too stiff and sore lying in bed and had to move around.

Remmy doesn't quite understand why I'm pacing around the house so much, but not playing with her, lol. If I played with her, I would have to bend and squat too much, ack. Remmy has all this energy, but she didn't bust her patootie!

I'm feeling better today, but still quite sore. I mostly hurt going down steps (thighs, which I don't understand why they hurt) and when I tilt my head back to finish the last few swallows of soda in a bottle or look at the sky (neck and ribs hurt). It's a good thing I have a high tolerance for pain, because pain medicine doesn't agree with me. I'd rather be in pain than dizzy and nauseated.

It's going to be cloudy, but warm today. The high is to be 74* and a low of 57*. It's supposed to rain later today or by tonight, though. No stargazing for a few days, according to the forecast.

Take care, folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone......kt, you had to jar your whole body with that fall, And after all, like that old song goes, "leg bone attached to the thigh bone, thigh bone connected to the backbone". (I bet that is the first time I have thought of that song in years...) We may get up to 32-33 today, not sure if we see sun or not, is rather overcast. Will be getting ready for church shortly, I read scripture today. Long ones.

really wishing a nice day for all, I think it is time for some "normal" weather for us all.
Happy Sunday!

Hello, everyone. Kt, I hope your sore body gets better soon. I know how bad that feels. Remmy doesn't know but she'll hang in there and wait for you to recover.

Poirot, sunshine would be nice for you. I would share if I could.

Will be 20* cooler here than yesterday but still will reach the 60s*. Wind is chilly this morning out of the west. I cooked bacon in a toaster oven on the deck so as not to get the smell in the house.

Have a good day, all of you!

Good morning everyone,

Gonna head off to work soon. That, school, and the gym have been keeping me busy the past few days, which is why I couldn't come on here earlier in the week. Been sunny mostly but breezy and cold. Today is 52F so some of the snow is melting a lot, which is great since now it's mostly just ugly gray piles of ice on the road. I did miss school on Thursday because I had trouble catching the bus after taking the train and wouldn't have made it in time to get to class. Oh well.

KT, hope your body feels better and more relaxed soon.

Have a nice day, all.

Another beautiful day here. I'll be going outside later working in my flowerbed.
I'll do weeding then shovel more of that plant out.

This morning, I noticed more trash in my yard. I asked my neighbor and he's getting
it too. I noticed on my walk today several houses have cans and other trash. I'll see if happens
again before I call the police. What I had in my yard went straight in the recycling bin.

Feel better soon, kt.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening.

Good afternoon. Spent the morning outside enjoying our beautiful weather. Cold front moves in tonight with rain and much cooler temps.

My "plant" I got at the store that was for Valentine's Day has words "printed" on its leaves, like "I love you" and "Forever Yours", has sprouted. No clue if the advertising was correct, but for $1.99 I was willing to try it, as it came with its own terrarium. I'll need to look for a bigger pot.

kt, hope you feel better soon.

Happy Sunday. Downtown Abbey tonight. And, my DVD's have arrived, so now do I binge on the show now or not?????

Happy Sunday and last day of January.

I am excited for temps to drop and bring 20% chance of rain here!! I want to splash in the puddles with the kids. This may be the last rain on the far west side for 7 months. Dust storms we get.

A lazy day for me. Overslept and missed first church service. Grateful we have two services. A quiet day to read and ponder.

KT: continue to rest and heal. Remmy will gladly play when you feel better.

POIROT: your morning sounded lovely. Wishing you warmer sunny days as I know you prefer them. Gramma used to sing that song due to her arthritis. What sweet memories it brought to mind.

OC: glad your weather is cold enough to keep away all snakes & critters. But mild enough you can enjoy it. You can have the smell of bacon in my house as long as I get two pieces!

DAYS: oh well is right. You're smart enough to catch up on one missed class. Your schedule is full. I, like you, hate the dirty slushy plowed snow.

AGUY: very good point

KAT: sounds like mischievous teens (our area) or a wild coyote. They film them here routing trash cans. Enjoy your sunshine & gardening. And lock your doors at night, just in case.

ROBIN: your plant sounds cool. If you have a moment post a pic true for us. Enjoy the sun because tomorrow I get my rain!

Blessings to you all.

LOL, gonna be months before we see one of those here, kt, so BE GOOD to them, After all, I feed those hummers really well, til they fly back down your way. LOLOL

kt reminded me, guess it is natural to break into song when the occasion arises. Usually at our church service, there is a point where bells are rung softly, during a blessing. Well, I did not hear them today, the lady in front of me didn't either, asked me what happend? So, after the service, during our coffee social time, I mentioned it at our table. Well, the gal who plays piano for the choir insisted there had been bells, as did one of the choir singers. And my good friend, sitting across the round table, starts singing, (and the guy next to her joins in)....there were bells, on the hill, and I never heard them ringing......" (from Music Man) and we all burst out laughing. Admittedly when I bowled, I used to do that all the time, some would say something, it would remind me of a line from a song....and off I would go. LOL

I had productive afternoon. I weeded some and got more of the plant out.
It's going to take awhile since the roots are all tangled up. I did a chat as
I went "out, out, out"
:)

On milder days up here, the birds are out, perhaps because this winter hasn't been as cold as last winter was. But on the snowy or cold & windy days, silence and they're nowhere to be seen. I keep getting excited for spring, but then remember we still have a few weeks to go, and even then, probably a while until it really gets warm and the big snow piles melt.

Back