10-15-2017 - Donuts & Avatars

Noel

Reaction score
It is morning, again. I went to bed so tired and awoke in 1.5 hours. At 5am I got bored. Hence, a new avatar for this week. Thank goodness there is an upcoming holiday because that sparks my creativity. Hope all of you slept!

Sure hope Poirot, Kat, and others not feeling well are resting, healing and beginning to feel some strength returning for their daily routine. Prayers and hugs.

Today is National Grouch Day but I don't think I need permission with insomnia. :clap:

Mornin'.......and been there, done that these past 2 weeks, so sure understand what you are experiencing, Noel. Nope, stayed home from church, as I do get sudden coughing spasms, and no idea when, so better to keep them to myself. Yesterday, I went all afternoon without coughing, took one bite of dinner, and nearly choked as really bad coughing began for about 5 minutes straight. Was fine all evening, night. Fell asleep close to midnight, and an hour later, woke up coughing my head off. Weird.

Gloomy, overcast and very chilly today. Rained during the night a few times, no idea what it is going to do today. Cannot trust the weathermen, they can only guess themselves. LOL

Gonna try an get some stuff packed up......sure is a slow process for me, doesn't help to be under the weather. I hate to even THINK of going outside, even just to the garage. Brrrrr.

Yo yo Noel and others yet to chime in. Got some catching up to do on here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and getting better for those of you that are not feeling so great.

I've had a relatively quiet weekend so far. I was off of work on Friday so I made French Onion soup in the slow cooker, dry rubbed a rib eye roast and threw it on the BBQ, and for sides I made maple syrup glazed beets with bacon and asparagus with a lemon dill cream sauce. I'm not going to be humble, it was awesome.

I set the table with my husband's china he brought home from Russia, invited a few friends over to join us and made sure everyone could just sit and not lift a finger. After dinner we watched some Modern Family and just visited.

On Saturday it was a beautiful fall day so went out for a short drive then came back home to chill, for a few hours before we had to get ready for a going away party, which was downtown near our old hood. At some point everyone was going to this pub called National Beer Hall so we picked up a gift card for them and flowers for the hostess. We arrived, rang the doorbell, the door opened, kind of looked in and thought, "oh no, I hope it's not one of those parties where almost no one comes and you feel obligated to stay longer than anticipated because you feel bad" but that wasn't the case at all.

We were one week early for the party. Ha ha ha. We joked with our friends that we were just planning our route and needed to see that the venue was going to be appropriate. It was. We left the flowers, our liquor and gift for next week with them. So all dressed up and no where to go, we went out for dinner.

I am currently out for breakfast then have my first rehearsal for Mary Poppins this afternoon and get ready for the work week. I also have been enjoying some of the best chocolate ever compliments of Redsquirrel. It really is good. I had the peanut butter one and shared the chocolate mint patties and pretzels with dinner guests on Friday.

Good luck with the packing, Poirot.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Morning all.

Things moving slowly today. Yes Noel, sons do keep life interesting. It is fall here, at least for a desert dweller. I need to have a sweater for the evenings.

Need to go to the store to get some items for the plumber to use for tomorrow's job. Or Tuesday. It's a plumber, so who knows when he will show up, right?

Healing vibes sent out to all who need them.

Have a great Sunday.

Hello everyone. Muzz, you do have the most socially active weekends of anyone I know! That was a fun story about showing up on the wrong weekend.

Poirot, I know time is closing in on you. Bad weather can't be helping. Is one of your daughters still planning to come help? It's too bad you can't go ahead and put a recliner and a tv in your new place, and deposit the husband there, to keep him out from under foot while you wrap things up. I know you can't do that but it's the kind of thing I'd be wanting to do in that situation.

Kat, I hope you are feeling better.

Noel, you won't get any criticism from me for being grouchy over insomnia, National Grouch Day or any other day! I struggle with the grouch factor all the time.

I had a fun day yesterday. A childhood friend was in town and several of us who grew up together met at the little antique shop two of them have in our little community. It's more of a hobby and a place for people to stop and visit than anything. It used to be an old service station but these two ladies have remodeled it themselves. The covered part, that you used to drive under to get gas, now has a table and chairs and decorations and plants, etc. A real pleasant place in the shade to gather round and chat. This one friend lives in Alaska, and since she retired a few years ago, she and her brother and sister and niece have been coming out to visit the community once a year. Except for the niece, we all went through grade school together at our tiny country school. We had lots of reminiscing and laughing yesterday, ten of us altogether. I stayed gone from home for almost three hours!

Was fine all evening, night. Fell asleep close to midnight, and an hour later, woke up coughing my head off. Weird.
Oh, Poirot, what an exhausting cycle you are going through with this virus! Hoping the improvement takes a giant leap today & tonight and you over long coughing spells tomorrow!

We left the flowers, our liquor and gift for next week with them. So all dressed up and no where to go, we went out for dinner.
Muzza you quite the classy gentleman! You & your husband deserved to treat yourself .

I need to have a sweater for the evenings....
A sweater? What is a sweater, again? It's been a long, dry, dusty time since I wore one! Enjoy Robin.

I struggle with the grouch factor all the time.
That is impossible to believe, OC, as you maintain your cool under great pressure!
We had lots of reminiscing and laughing yesterday, ten of us altogether. I stayed gone from home for almost three hours!
What fun! You deserved every nanosecond of that three hours creating new memories with friends!

I'm feeling a little better today. I took cold medicine before I went to church.
I had to take cough drops in church.. I haven't sneezed much at all just coughing.
Hopefully, it will ease up.

Muzzaman, I wish you lived the in the states. You could visit all the SS members
and make us dinner.

Poirot, sorry to hear you're still coughing.

OC, I'm glad you're had a good time yesterday with your friends.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been an okay day. I woke up pretty early and relaxed. After I relaxed some I went to work, getting things done around the house. I got most of it done, which I was extremely happy about, and right before lunch as well. Then I had lunch, read in bed, got drowsy and fell asleep. After my nap I did more chores and right now I'm social networking and writing on the message board. It's been a really productive day.

The weather is the same as it has been for days except the temperature which is quite a bit warmer then it has been lately. Right now it is cloudy although it has rained and it's breezy with a temperature of 70 F. The sun still does not shine. :angry:

Wishing all of you a super Sunday! Sending each one of you so much happiness

Last edited by a moderator:
The day started OK. :rolleyes: Took a 30+ minute ride to pick up a furnace safety inspection bill. On the way back home, stopped for a quick lunch, leaving the inspection slip on the floor of the car. When I got back home, the slip was missing in action. :eek: It was a very windy day, today, and I can visualize the slip flying across the KFC parking lot.

I had to make an embarrassing call to the furnace guy (extended family,) leaving a message asking him to write up another slip. He won't be too annoyed because I said that I would pick it up at his house, and give him his check at the same time. :)

Muzza, I'd like to attend one of your gourmet dinner parties! :drunk:

Have a nice Sunday evening, everybody!

Egads, that belongs in the garbage can. But then again, people are foolishly paying big money for torn and holey jeans (Have seen Alison Sweeney/Sami in them), and mud streaked dirty jeans, shirts, too. Yuk.

Hi everyone. My plans for today were derailed when a swarm of bees came through the laundromat parking lot as I was loading my car to come home. I got stung on the palm of my right hand so went directly to an urgent care ($45 co-pay on my insurance vs. $175 co-pay for the ER.) where I've been treated for stings before. Epi-pens put me in tachycardia so I can't use them.

My hand is very painful and stiff, but it isn't swollen. All in all, I feel like a truck hit me.

Muzza, I'm glad you're enjoying the chocolate. If you have time, check out the store and factory online. People travel long distances for their candy.

rs, sorry to hear you got stung by a bee. Sleep well tonight.

Back