10/15/21 - Donuts and frost is close to the pumpkin

dachsie21

Reaction score
Hi all - so excited that our weather is turning cooler this weekend. Will actually get under 50! Hmm - I may have to bring my pineapple indoors come to think about it. Great fall weather tho. It's been too hot for October in the 90s here.

I had a friend who wanted me to watch a demo of a Rainbow cleaning system. I ended up getting it as it cleaned the carpet stains I have had for several years. But now they want me to find people to do demos for. That makes me a little uncomfortable. I am going to try but I think I am going to tell the guy that I just cant do it if the ones I have interested dont do it.

Having a pedicure this weekend and will make gumbo for the cold weather. Football game is at 11 on Sat so will play with my Rainbow after the game I think.

Hope everyone has a great day!

lol, yep, my friends, a chilly 36° this a.m., so could not say the frost is on the pumpkin.....just definitely getting close. A bit foggy, we are to get some sun today at last.........but no idea, hasn't risen yet. So dark when I woke at 5, finally got up at 5:30. Definitely too early for me. Couple errands today later on, plus some things to tend to inside the house. Enjoy your day...........
By the way, I love raisins, whether Raisin bread, or oatmeal raisin cookies......however, not a fan of Raisin Bran. LOLOL
And since I don't tolerate carbonated beverages well.........I drink ice tea w/lemon. No sugar. Also can drink it w/o lemon. ( but Brisk is my fav!)

An early morning thunderstorm with lots of rain. The rain is over for today. The high will be
at 65 at 11AM and then temperature starts dropping.

I got my walk in, but later than usual. I should have walked the full time, but I went in when
it started to sprinkle. The ditch has water sitting in it now. You can tell where I stopped
raking on the other side of my house. I went so far and that's where most of the water is.

I'm doing my studies this morning. It's going to be chilly when we have our Sunday school
lunch today.

dachsie, is that a Rainbow vacuum cleaner or something new? I had a vacuum cleaner, but
it was too hard to get the water out after I cleaned. Enjoy your pedicure.

Poirot, I hope you get your errands and chores done today.

I hope everyone has a good day and weekend.

I have heard of the rainbow before but never had one. I think I’d be a tad uncomfortable too with trying to find other people to demo for.

It’s been a but rainy here but I’m hoping it’s clearing out today. Temps have been nice though.

Yes Kat - its a little easier now than with the older models. It also can be used as an air purifier which is nice if you get something that smells in house and you want to get rid of it - like bacon smells or such, not that I mind bacon. lol

My mother and my sister used to have a Rainbow vacuum cleaner. I don't know what happened to it after they were gone. Hope you enjoy the game, Dachsie. I'm never ready for cold weather but a little cool down is nice. It has been a hot October!

Kris, I hope the rain clears out for you. Is all of your family feeling okay now?

Kat, that dreaded ditch. Some things seem to never go away. But you have made it better with all your hard work over time.

Poirot, I hope it warms up a bit for you to get out and do your errands. Probably like here, it depends on the sun.

I'm happy to be staying home today. Also happy that there has been no new nest started, so far, under my hood. But I have a new plan. I want to get a strobe light or disco light or some such and put under the hood, maybe even leaving the hood open that way, in hopes it would not only keep the rats out but would maybe discourage any ideas the raccoon might have. I don't know if the light could be left on all night or not. Have had no experience with such things. I would get electric, rather than trying to deal with a battery situation. Any thoughts or suggestions? I read a long time ago that a constant light under the hood would not keep rodents away because they just get used to it, but something that goes on and off might work. Of course, raccoons would probably get up there and start dancing to it! It's true, I can't stand raccoons.

Dachsie, the Rainbow for an air purifier might help me. A lot of my migraines are caused from the cooking smells that linger in my house. It doesn't matter how good it smells. Any smell that doesn't go away in about 30 minutes is a migraine maker for me. I have a regular air purifier. My daughter has the same thing and thinks it's wonderful but I can't tell it does anything to get rid of food smells at my house. I've been thinking of giving mine to her.

Thanks for asking OC, yes. Two of them still have a bit of residual cough/mucous but they are feeling 100% better and back to school and work.

I’m thankful that it was more mild for everyone and that none of my girls had to be hospitalized

Good morning... well, I'll take the reaction I received from the booster vaccine over the flu or the 2nd shot. I have a sore arm and slept deeply and well last night. We were the pharmacists 89 and 90th shots that day. He was not pleased to not be a total pill pusher. But as he was at the end of his 14 hour day, I guess I'd be cranky too.
Many years ago a co-workers useless boyfriend found a job selling vacuums. I agreed to a demonstration telling them that I had no intention of purchasing, but he could practice his demonstration on my family. Useless boyfriend arrived vacuumed the living room with my old vacuum, then went over it with is and look at all of this dirt and dog hair this modern machine got up. Then it got UGLY. When it came time put purchase, I said I'm not interested. But thank you for vacuuming my living room for me. He called his manager, the district manager and I had to talk to all of these people to tell them that I wasn't going to purchase this product. Why, wasn't I going to purchase? Didn't he prove it was better than my vacuum? all of these calls were on MY phone because no one had cell phones. I hung up on the managers and told the guy he had 5 minutes to get his (word not allowed) out of my house or I'd keep it and I would call the police. So, Co-worker hated me and created a hostile environment at work. I've never done another demo in my house.

Happy Friday....

Good Afternoon,
Gena and I picked up the new TV last night from my friend, and got it all set up. I think it's 3 or 4 times bigger than the old one, so now I feel like I'm sitting in a movie theater in my living room. Gena is about happy as a pig in slop (as my grandma would say) about this new TV. I'm enjoying the calm before the storm today at work, as it's very quiet in the office today, but Monday the 9 new hires start, which will make us all crazy busy for the next 11 weeks.

-Dachsie - enjoy your Rainbow system, my dad and step-mom had a demo once, they didn't buy one because we already had a Kirby, but it left the house smelling amazing for a couple days.
-Poirot - Raisin Bran is not for everyone, but I love it, I like to add a sliced banana for a little extra something. Stay warm up there, it's getting cold fast.
Kat - I could go for a good thunderstorm, I find them so calming. I'm glad you were able to get out for your walk.
OC - enjoy your day at home, I'm sorry I can't help out with the rat/raccoon problem, maybe motion activated strobe lights, do they make such a thing?
Kris - glad to hear your girls are both recovering well.
Robin - oh dear, that demo you had sounds dreadful, and done by people who clearly had no concept of how the sales process really works. I don't blame you for not ever having another demo of any variety.

Have a terrific weekend everyone!

robin, I had a demo like that before and the supervisor came to the house. It was annoying and right
after I got divorced. I didn't have money to buy something like that. I'm glad the booster wasn't
too bad for you.

dachsie, thanks for the info about the new rainbow. It sounds interesting since it gets out stains.
I use a bag less vacuum cleaner now.

manda, I'm glad you like your new TV.

OC, good luck on your new idea to keep critters out of your vehicles.

Kris, I'm glad you're family is better now.

Manda, I'm not sure about the lights. I was looking at them online late last night so I was just skimming through the descriptions. But it seemed the strobe lights were pretty much for police cars and I think maybe they run off the car battery and they would mostly be on when the car is moving, which sounded complicated for me, though the strobe lights do seem more ideal for my purpose than the disco lights, which I could probably plug in and hang overhead. I need to read more about them when I'm not so sleepy---which would not be right now!

Hi all..Some meds arrived from VA for my son who is assisted living...needs to be refrigerated so I dashed out to deliver. On the way there, my emergency flashers came on, no idea how, and I could not shut them off. I can imagine all the drivers who were not too happy with me, and wondered what was going on, especially as I was alone in car. Anyway, I was pressing levers, buttons, nothing worked, not even turning off the ignition. So, when I left there, I drove to the auto dealer where I bought the car...Just went in, waited for service guy to return to desk, explained could not shut off the flashers. (have had the car 4 years, lol). So he calls "Matt" from the service area, tells him to shut off this lady's flashers......we go out, my car is right outside. He opens the door, leans in, pressing a red triangular spot on the dash.........Voila! My mouth dropped open, wide open. He laughed, said was easy to turn them on (which I had to do accidentally) pressing that same spot. Grrrr. Yep 2 seconds. I thought it was maybe a fuse or something. Grrrr again.

Poirot, I'm glad the dealer was to fix your problem. Are you able to visit your son or do you
have to leave things at the door?

I am laughing at you because one night while Hunny Bunny and I were inside a restaurant eating dinner, we were on our way to Wichita, delightful Mr Gus was exploring the car and HE turned on the flashers. People were coming in to talk with the Hostess and Host to report a car in danger. We could see the door, but not our car. Then of course when we go out to the car we had no idea how to turn them off because it was a rental..... We had rented a HUGE SUV because we were bringing back some furniture.... Luckily someone in the restaurant had the same type of a car and was able to help us out. Mr. Gus received lots of hugs and kisses as EVERYONE wanted to help him out.... we weren't so lucky. LOL.

Poirot, what an ordeal for you! I bump my flasher accidentally from time to time. At some point I figured out how to turn it off but I still have trouble remembering how to work my lights and windshield wipers. I don't use them often enough to remember from one time to the next.

Robin, I bet Vinnie was curiously amazed at all the loving attention he was getting. My niece's dog locked herself in my niece's car recently. There wasn't an extra key on the outside. Some workman (maybe the tractor mechanic, I forget) happened to be at her house at the time and helped her but it took them awhile to get the door open.

Hey there - why did the title of this post get changed? Did I do something wrong?

LOL, no, we both happened to post within a minute or so of each other..............

Back