10/25/22 - Donuts and World Pasta Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
world-pasta-day-25-october-260nw-1265950084.jpg

Taking the car in for oil change and then to lunch with a friend. Had a busy a.m. Need to get out. Cloudy, grey, windy & cold. Also run an errand or 5, lol.

That pasta should have sauce, not fresh tomatoes. LOL (raised in Italian neighborhood.) Mostaccioli are the pasta shown. pronounced sort of .......mus ta choli (long o). LOLOLOL

Looks like many have found other things to do today. Poirot, I hope you had an enjoyable lunch with your friend and got all your errands done too.

I was gone most of the day. Didn't even turn on my computer until around 4:00. I had to go to my Wal-Mart town and meet a man about laying a water line. Then I wore myself out doing some shopping. Long story but I went into Walmart twice and also into the United supermarket twice. In between, I ate at a Mexican restaurant. It got warmer than I'd expected. The north wind was chilly when I left home but I had to shed my jacket later. Sun was shining.

I think I'm going to have to start staying out of the grocery stores. Prices are more shocking each time I go. My waterline project is also more expensive than I had anticipated. It goes on and on, and I imagine the rest of you are having similar experiences.

One surprising thing I saw in the W-M grocery area was bacon grease in a tub, along with other types of cooking oils. Maybe it's been there forever and I just haven't seen it. Back in my younger days most homes in the south, including Texas, kept bacon grease for frying. I always had a can of it I'd saved from cooking bacon. But I haven't done it in decades and it hadn't occurred to me that people would buy it in a store.

Interesting that there's a national pasta day but why not? There seems to be a day for just about everything else. I rarely eat pasta. Not a big fan but will eat it if it is served. I make goulash occasionally. I used to make macaroni and cheese a lot, also tuna casserole, but haven't in a long time. I can't recall whether we ever had spaghetti when I was growing up. My mother didn't make casseroles much either.

I don't know how I'm going to stay awake until bedtime.......

It was another rain day for me today. No rain early so I walked after 6 this morning. I went around two times
since rain on the way. It's going to be colder the rest of the week.

I stayed inside most of the day except to take dog out. There was a break just before my lunch time. I worked on
studies today and did the summary.

Poirot, I hope you had a nice time at lunch.

OC, I hope you can stay home tomorrow after your busy day. Good luck with the water project.

robin, I hope your day at school went well.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

was bacon grease in a tub,
i haven't seen that... .but I do have to really laugh that they make and sell cinnamon sugar..... you know mixed together..... like really how freaking hard is it to make your own cinnamon sugar????? last time I checked it was $7 something for an ounce......really millennials.... it's not that magically difficult to make....

School was busy today it was great.....I so prefer being busy it was good..... I'll be busy the rest of this week but not working anywhere but the house....

IT was under UNDER 50° this morning...... glorious.......I had brought out the blanket and I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning.... the BEAST was all happiness and joy at the idea of me getting up.....so depressing.... just wanted to snuggle not possible with a bouncy hopping creature......

good Tuesday to all....

Got the oil chqnged, plus the other stuff they check, rotating tires, etc. etc. Ran into the great gal who was the one who sold me my car........my friend who met me there came early, and coincidentally talked to same gal about getting a car herself. We had lovely lunch, chatted away, she said we should do it once a week! I was supposed to go to WalMart, forgot and just went home. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. Sure was chilly out. And gonna be from now on. Laughed at the mgr here, who was blowing the leaves out of the stones the line back of here, then came with his speedy riding mower, chopped them all up before they could blow back. I had a few things I was to take care of, wrote down, forgot when out, as did not take with me. However, go for blood test again Thursday, so will do then. Hate being on blood thinners as have to have the stupid finger *bleep* test so often (make sure blood is not too thin, within safe guidelines.

LOL, My mom used to save bacon grease, I never did. And Robin, I burst out laughing when I saw cinnamon sugar in the store. Yep, you are so right......so easy to make, and so very much cheaper, lol. I love it on toast!

Poirot Hunny Bunny is on warfarin he was on the other drug but it was really really expensive so he moved to warfarin he used to have go to the clinic to get it done but then they sent him a machine and test do dahs so he can stick him self weekly and then he calls and leaves a message as to what his report was. 2.1, 3.9 whatever and a couple of hours later generally same day, he gets a call back with instructions on his medication, cut back add more.....maybe they'd let you do this at home..... that is if you aren't squeamish about doing the finger stabbing yourself.....

This morning, my sweet hubby was dragging his cute little wagon. I suggested to him that he do NADA today, he smiled and said maybe that was a good idea. He did absolutely nothing more strenous than clicking the buttons on his remote control. It did him good, tonight he told me that he felt the day did him good. I on the other hand, am the one dragging her wagon tonight. I enjoy reading about your busy lives. I am so proud of you guys!

Back