11/26/21 - Donuts & "Black" Friday

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was gonna title it "leftovers", but then, we all don't have them probably, and radio/TV just bellowing the "sale" stuff (along with e-mails) galore. LOL
My younger son came up & had insisted we go out, so I would not have to be cooking some big dinner for just us two, so we did. We have a lot of restaurants, but all were closed except this one that did a buffet, really good. I ended up buying an extra dinner, so to have "leftovers" today. LOL. (had to have advance reservations, & they closed down taking them on Tuesday afternoon. My son called them Monday! LOL)
I stay home day after T-Day, but bet some of you are out and about for the "bargains", even tho they have been doing them for the past week.....at least online they have been. Have a lovely day.

Good morning..... normally I'd have been out before dawn shopping and finishing up the holiday shopping. But this year with the mobility issues and then the surgery I had everything purchased and wrapped before my surgery. Of course 3 things came in late, but those will be wrapped but the end of the weekend so I can get some of the stuff in the mail to family that won't be able to make the holiday.

AS for left overs I have a small amount.... I made smashed Brussels Sprouts..... they were very tasty..... and a lot of work.....so not sure I'd do it for a crowd.... it took the two of us smashing those little suckers to get them done.... of course putting them in the oven required a bend I'm not allowed to make yet so HB was helping.....Costco made the pie..... crockpot cooked the tiny little turkey roll...... stovetop made the stuffing/dressing...

Talked with 2 of my 3 boys.... the one in Austin was at a Thanksgiving/Gender reveal party..... so I understood the lack of a call.... both of the twins in question will be girls..... it was posted to Facebook.......

Back to decorating...... whoo hooo.....

I miss Noel and her love of this season........

We’ve been out and back home. Did the majority of our shopping online. Also didn’t have a whole lot to do because we buy throughout the year with sales and good deals.

My area had heavy frost this morning. The sun is out now. I waited until 10 to take
my walk.

Yesterday, when I took my walk, I wondered if the church building would have heat
for the Sunday school lunch today. Only four than three were coming this time. One
of the classmates work and she could meet this week.

Since my house was sort of clean, we had lunch in my kitchen. I told them we could use
the microwave to heat food. We played a game before they left. College team is
playing this afternoon and one person wanted to get home.

I froze two containers of rice with chicken and celery. I'll have rice with Sunday dinner.
Next time, I need to half the rice recipe.

Poirot, I'm glad you didn't have to cook yesterday and your son came by.

robin, are you sleeping in bed yet? I hope the Beast is behaving himself.

kris, smart idea buying early. I did that when I bought gifts for family.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Back