2/25/24 - Donuts and National Clam Chowder Day

Good morning..... if you don't mind, I'll take a pass on that soup..... not one I'll ever order.....

it's a good day here today..... it would be great but we've got new neighbors moving in across the way and BEAST must keep us safe from the people who for some reason seem to think they can move around without checking in with him first.... silly people, really annoying beast.....
I was awakened earlier today with some text messaging about issues with "my" house in Scottsdale having plumbing problems.... very glad to be out of it if sewage is coming through the shower drain..... ewww.... that actually did happen to me the summer before we moved.... so not sure why it's happening again so soon....but not my problem.....

I hope everyone has a great last Sunday of February.... Soon all you Leap year babies will be able to celebrate your actual birthday....

It's partly cloudy today. It's over 70 now. I'll be going out later and pick up sticks. Tomorrow another nice
day and I'll be outside again.

I bet the Brady pub is having a lot of orders of clam chowder today :)

robin, that's weird a message about the house you moved from. I wonder if someone is staying in it now.

I hope everyone will have a restful afternoon.

kat.... my former neighbor keeps me informed of the comings and goings of the neighborhood.... the house is now an AirBnB so people come and go... guessing raw sewage bubbling into the shower pan won't bring 5-star ratings.... but what do I know??

I so want to plant plants but want to wait till I know winter has fled the scene....

robin, they spent so much money redoing the house and no one checked the sewer problem. oh well.

Robin, you must breathe a sigh of relief every time you read news on that house, knowing it's not your problem! From an ownership maintenance standpoint, the only thing worse I can think of than renting out a house in the traditional way would be renting it out as an AirB&B. All kinds of people coming and going, doing whatever they wish, knowing they don't have to fix any problems they might cause.
The other day I was reading about a lady who is over 100 years old. She was born on Feb. 29 and so has only been able celebrate on her birthdate a (relatively) few times out of all those years.

Wilde Woman, I've never tasted Clam Chowder. I always think it looks so good because I like creamy stuff, but I won't eat any kind of sea food so when I remind myself of what's in that chowder, it no longer seems appealing to me.

Kat, it hardly seems like you've had any break from yard work this winter. With the grass green and growing here already, I'm starting to wonder how long it will be before my yard needs to be mowed. Seems my mower guy has gotten harder to get out here over the past couple of years. I don't really want to try to find somebody else for several reasons but last year it got ridiculous how long overdue he was getting here.

Nothing going on here to tell. It's sunny and warm.

Good afternoon. Weather been going back & forth today, sunny, cloudy, calm, very windy, it's like want to know what to wear? Sorry, can't help, wear something warm you can easily remove and put back on fast. LOL.
Gotta say, as much as I have always enjoyed the SUNDAY PAPER, it has gotten so thin, and what is there is boring, uninteresting (not speaking of the small front page new section. Heck even the comic page has shrunk, plus the various ones are smaller, can barely read them. Not even section of paper any more, all reduced to one page. Not worth the higher price, guess I will stop buying.
Well, we are to get up in the high 40s and low 50s next 2 days, then a plunge down to a high in the teens on Wed., but climbing back up after that for 3 or 4 days. One can tell it is March coming upon on. Oh, did I mention that besides the foreccast of 45 for Tuesday, they say the S word will visit that day! Yeah, just about when all that white stuff has left, it returns for a bit. Such fun.
Well, that Birkebeiner race went on, but only in that other town, a 10 K. track of man made snow, had to ski around it several times. Our town here where it usually ended was not busy at all. In fact usually resorts and motels are overflowing, but not this year. Feel bad for them all, as the winter busuiness has been down 75% this season.
Guess I should do something about dinner for me.......see ya later.

Good afternoon. The forecast said a new system would arrive at 1:00 PM with heavy winds and drop in temp. Well, one o'clock came and went with nothing happening, so I wrote it off. Ooooops too soon. 3:00 pm and the wind is whipping around out there!!! Sounding very threatening. I'll bundle up and stay put.

Good service at church. I was actually able to sing along today except for one of the video songs I don't really know. I think it depends on the songs. Mom really loved old hymns.

I went to get my TB test read for my new job. I still have to do the last module and it won't work. Boss is calling tech support tomorrow. Please pray they can get this issue solved. I really need this job. It pays $12 an hour.

Please also pray for Boomer, my beloved dog. He had a reaction to the pheobarb he was prescribed for his seizures. This is after a $348 vet bill....very hard to pay immediately as required when you are on a pension. We were back at the vet Saturday. One side effect is weakness in the hind legs. It also affects appetite.

Someone who live alone like I do offered to do phone calls with me. I can't find the post/message and I would love to do this. So if you are reading this please message me.

Last edited:
rf, good luck getting the job.

Lil0, take care during the weather.

OC, I didn't have a lot of winter weather this year so I'm getting out when I can

Poirot, I hope you found something to eat.

Lilo, we had pretty much the same weather today but we also got 6 inches of snow.
Out to shovel again...
Bless you for reaching out to rf. Prayers for Boomer.

Back