2/29/2024 - Donuts and Leap Day

fd663690cf5f64c7b874d384425cd58f.gif

Up here, seems we lept right back into deep winter. Outside, it is all white snow, and ......4 below zero!!!! In the house, it is 66°. Bad night's sleep, to bed at 11, awake at 2 a.m. Tossed, turned til around 5, then finally dozed off but only til 7. Don't take naps, but am guessing the ol body will just doze off at some point. Fireplace is on.......the electric heater is on here in this room. Only gonna hit 30s they say. If the sun appears, maybe we'll get lucky. I really am tired. Got up in middle of night, put on the warm knee soxks. Even kept the bathrobe on all night. Truly hope you all did not get any of this. Ol man winter figures he's been too kind these past few months, so wanted to remind us who is boss!

Good morning everyone. It is also back to winter here. It was 20* when I left home this morning, and will only reach freezing today. Little fluffy snowflakes are coming down.

Another office day for me. Just prepping for next week. I'll be at kindergarten registrations each day, and usually do not have any cell service at them.

The hourly folks are going around teasing that they get an extra day of pay while us salary employees are working for free today.

Intense winds last night, lots of fallen trees all over based on what I saw on the news. No damage in my immediate area that I know about. 37 now and sunny, windy but calmer than last night.

Robin: The best to you with the wrestling match.

Kat: Cute image. I hope you get some quality hopping in today. Does I-Hop offer a discount today, ya think?

Poirot: I got a chill reading your post and hope it warms up soon.

redsquirrel: Hope work goes well. Those hourly workers are being naughty.

Everyone have a great last day of February!
1709226852791.jpeg

It's been cloudy most of the day. High in the low 50s. It was in the 30s when I walked this morning.

Feeling better today. I went to the small library and did studies. That's about it for today.

robin, I hope your volunteer job goes well.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad there wasn't damage in your area.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

Kat, my sister and I loved Wonder Woman when we were kids--comic books.

Lil0, the fires are about 200 miles northwest of me. They are devastating. Over a million acres burned. So heartbreaking. People from all over the state have been organizing to help--delivering supplies, not only for people but also for livestock. Big trucks from all directions taking hay and other necessities. So many people have lost their homes and their livelihood.

Back