3-10-16 - Donuts with no power!

It's going to be another dreary day here. Gloomy days always get me down.
I shook rugs outside while I was cleaning. My cat got a mole last night. I need
to
get ready for my haircut. I'll walk Goldie when I get home.

Be safe, Lil0.

I hope everyone will have a good day
:)

Gloomy and overcast here as well. Lots of snow melting, but no rain, and they forecast it every day. LOL. I have been coughing a lot, no idea if allergy, or a cold coming on (Bronchitis is usually what happens) but my throat is beginning to hurt. My sinus runs a lot, so can't tell if a cold or what? lol.
Only 34 here, have to run into town for a few errands, really don't want to, as not really MY errands, but with hubby not well, I get the tasks. Take care all, hope better weather and day for you all.

Good morning. Poirot, your symptoms don't sound good. I hope you don't get bronchitis!

Lil0, thanks for starting the thread while you had power. Hope you haven't lost it.

Kat, maybe your haircut will cheer you up?? Your cat is a good one, keeping the moles under control.

Another overcast day here, still a chance of rain, but we haven't had any since that first day. Physical therapist comes today.

Good morning everyone!

Sunny and already 70 here.

Hope you don't lose power again Lil0.

Enjoy your haircut kat.

Feel better Poirot.

I hope you get a little bit of rain OC.

Working 11-7 today so I won't get to enjoy this beautiful weather.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning everyone,

A few high clouds today but to be around 80F again! Loving this weather! I'm feeling a bit better today, but didn't go to boot camp this morning and called out sick at work. Probably will spend a lot of the day outside in the sunshine.

OC, here's to hoping you get rain!

Feel better, Poirot

Have a nice day, all.

Good morning everyone. The rain has been coming down since last evening, and the heavy stuff is yet to come. I put on the two smaller basement pumps before I left the house this morning. The meteorologist said this storm is over 1500 miles long.

Woohoohoo, I finished putting together my new pantry cupboard last night. I really love it, but I need another pair of hands to hold the door up while I reset the hinges on the inside. They need to be pushed up about an eighth of an inch on the screws so the door sets in properly. It is an easy thing to fix, but I can't hold up the door and retighten the screws at the same time. Oh well, it'll have to wait until one of my cousins stops over.

Time to get a move on. Stay warm and dry.

Morning all. Used Teladoc for the first time yesterday. It's a cool function of my health insurance. I was able to get an inhaler and some pills for the cough. I slept well last night and do not feel groggy like I have after using the Nyquil. I can even take a deep breath without coughing or having the tightness capture me. IT IS WONDERFUL. Didn't help that while out with flu, all trees broke into the pollen stage. It's early, but then we normally don't hit the highs we've had in Feb till mid March.

Lil0 - be safe today hope your power stays on more than off.

Poirot - hope you start feeling better.
Kat - enjoy the haircut.

Red - try to eat lunch where you can at least see the outside.

DaysD - enjoy the wacky spring.

RS - good job, and I understand your problem. I created a cabinet and it had to be fastened to the wall, in a room so small that a ladder and the cabinet wouldn't fit. And I'm very shy of being tall enough to do the job alone. Help arrived and it is still in place and still works!!!

Have a great Thursday.

Good Morning Everyone,

Cloudy and cold today, at least cold compared to the last few days. We are busy getting ready for our Girl Scout Cookie booth on Saturday. We will be at a nice little neighborhood meat market 2 blocks from the school, and even better they are super busy on weekends. I'm going to make some posters for our table tonight and decorate a couple of t-shirts for the other troop leader and me. The girls will wear their tunics.

Barb & DaysD - feel better

kat - eww, I hope your cat didn't leave a mess. Mine kills critters, but leaves the intact bodies for me to dispose of. I think she likes that I give her extra treats, hugs and kisses for killing the mice. :)

RS - I really hope your basement doesn't flood again.

Lil0 - be safe in those storms

OC - best luck with the therapist

Red - try to enjoy the sunshine while you can.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Gloomy and overcast here as well. Lots of snow melting, but no rain, and they forecast it every day. LOL. I have been coughing a lot, no idea if allergy, or a cold coming on (Bronchitis is usually what happens) but my throat is beginning to hurt. My sinus runs a lot, so can't tell if a cold or what? lol.
Only 34 here, have to run into town for a few errands, really don't want to, as not really MY errands, but with hubby not well, I get the tasks. Take care all, hope better weather and day for you all.
To click "appreciate" (like) on this seems so wrong. I sincerely hope you get to feeling better quickly..

My cat left mole in backyard. I'll move it after the rain. Usually he leaves something
or pieces of something at the front door.

It's raining again. Even though I'm alone, I put more lights on when it's gloomy outside.
Time to get ready for my walk.

Hello everyone. It was a nice morning until the smoke showed up. There is a fire somewhere to the east of me, but I can't see the flames like I did when the neighbors across the old field had the brush fire. We are under a wind advisory and the wind is blowing my way, too. I called my neighbor/landlord and she didn't know anything, just that she had to close her store windows because of the smoke. We haven't heard any emergency vehicle sirens, but the smoke looks like a dense fog. I hope someone is on it! Remmy is quite restless, constantly looking outside and whining, so I'm keeping my eyes on it!

Take care and stay safe.

Well, after I called Mrs. Landlord and she didn't know anything about the fire, I decided to call the fire department (not using 911). The woman I spoke to had no clue about a fire, though the department is less than a half mile from my house. She said she would check into it and call me back, but never did. I guess she couldn't go outside to see/smell the smoke. Mr. Landlord came over later to ask me if I knew anything, so I filled him in and showed him where the smoke seemed to be coming from. He called me later and said he had driven around over there and it looked like a controlled burn as there were people all around. So, hopefully all is well and I know I worry too much, lol.

@kt, better safe than sorry. I am very, very surprised that even a controlled burn would be allowed if it was really windy........but then, perhaps someone was burning something, and people riding around looking for smoke source saw, stopped, as to be of help, if it got out of hand. ???

kat......you inspired me about the haircut, have needed one for so long, so, when I got to town, I went to get some bakery, the salon is right there, someone was being worked on, but when I walked past after purchasing what I wanted at the bakery, (donuts, of course, lol) I passed by, the shop was empty, I went in, and luckily, there had been a cencellation, with a couple customers arriving earlier than expected, so........she had time, and I finally got mine cut. Yayyyy.

Had a couple errands, one took longer than I thought.......finally got home, but really dog gone tired. I know I forgot a couple things....but.....I just wanted to get home and rest a bit. The sun came out an hour or two ago, I know it won't last long, sundown will be here soon. We got up into low 40s. (and the weather person said 50!!!

By the way, the high school girl's hockey team won state championship, and the girl's basketball team went to state in Green Bay, were losing thru most of the game, but made up, came from behind, tied it up, and believe it or not, in the very last second, and I do mean last second, they won by 1 point. (It is on the radio, the play by play guy was so excited, could not believe it himself. So now they go to finals next week. Amazing that tiny town here!

It is more important for you to be able to give yourself 100% to your job, than to do it part-time, operating at a much lesser level. I truly applaud you, Noel.......Our Julian would not be here if not for nurses like you, but your health is very important. Girl, if you have to take another week.....please take it. Do not push.

Back