3/10/20 - NBC pre-empted

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, About 10 min. into the show, NBC broke in with their news.....(about the Corona virus), put us back after 25 min., only to break in again as New Jersey had similar news. They finally came back to Days......for 30 seconds, it was over.

So......I only saw a few minutes here and there.

Kayla has bad dream of Stevano saying Steve gone forever, Justin comforts her.

Stevano is waiting for Marlena to wake up and be "his". She does.....he reads something to her that she finds lovely, remembers, thanks him. But she really wants to see John. Stevano helps her up to go "freshen up", then complains to Rolf who tells him to be patient.

Jack & Jen talk to Sarah about results of the MRI on Gina. They look at the computer, Sarah points out dangerous location of the microchip, needs skilled surgeon, but they do have one in the family, notes Jack. Later, Jack talks to Justin...about Steve returning, etc. Justin no fool, knows he was love of Kayla's life, and admits that Adrienne is gone, but if she came back tomorrow he would be back with her in a second.

John goes to see Gina, wants her help finding Stefano/Steve...actually Marlena. Hope won't help. John says she claims to love him, she says she still does, he says then help me. He also has noted that Stefano promised to work with her, so he would get Marlena, she would get John, but while he has Marlena, she is rotting in Jail, he couldn't care less.

And then, the last 30 seconds.....John is at the gatehouse, listens at door, knows someone is inside. Says hold on Marlena, I am coming, seems to get out his jimmy for the lock.

Sorry, that is all I got. If anyone else managed......please......let us know.

Oops, forgot.......Chad managed to convince Kate to turn over her DiMera shares for big $$$$ plus guarantee of no jail time. But I guess he is supposed to kill her cuz at the end, she is checking her tablet for Marlena news, Chad comes in behind her, picking up letter opener from desk, holding in "stab" position.

I haven't seen it yet today and for all I know, we will get pre-empted too, but I just don't understand how Chad can hear Stevano telling him what to do. It's not like he is watching Chad and talking to him - yesterday Chad was at the hospital almost killing Gabi and Steveano was busy with Rolf and Marlena. I hope this ends SOON - like tomorrow! But, I do wonder what they will do with Steve once they get the chips out of Hope and Marlena. There won't be anyone around to tell him what he did while being Stefano (note that I am giving the show credit for ending this asinine story and giving us the real Steve back at some point).

Oh - who was Jack referring to being an excellent surgeon - surely not Sarah? I guess Kayla will have to do it.

I just watched. You have most everything.

Justin and Kayla were in bed, and they end up talking about how things are different. Justin says that she's bound to want Steve back since she knows that he's been brainwashed. She insists she's moved on. Nobody believes her.

At the end, Justin goes to see Gina because she wants to hire him to be her lawyer. He asks why he would help her. She says that if they're successful in getting Hope back, that will help Kayla get Steve back and she'll dump Justin. This makes no sense because they already know that it's a chip in her head. Anything they tried with her they could try with Steve-ano. They don't need Gina/Hope for any of that.

John reminds Gina that Steve-ano left her to rot in jail while he got what he wanted. Angry, Gina tells him that the king would want to go back to his castle with his queen. She also tells him that Steve-ano was sure he could bring Chad into the fold and that he was central to the plan. John runs off to Dimera mansion as Gina asks for a thank you.

Chad and Kate have a conversation, and Chad does convince Kate to sign over her shares in exchange for money and the Dimera lawyers. The entire time, Chad sounds like an automaton. I'm surprised Kate didn't notice. And, yes, after getting the shares, Steve-ano tells Chad they don't need Kate anymore and sends him to kill her.

The scenes with Steve-ano going on and on about his "queen" and screaming at Rolf because a few hours after being chipped, Marlena's not instantly in love with her "king" made me sick to my stomach. I'm over this whole thing. Please, please, writers, make it stop. Make all the mind control stop. It's like a couple of years ago, it was everyone comes back from the dead, and now, everyone has a chip in their head or something. I miss the regular, run of the mill human drama.

All this Queen of the Night garbage is just almost unwatchable. It's like a car accident. I just can't look away. But do the writers think we want this garbage? It needs to end. I hadn't missed Gina at all. Surely Justin wont help her because he thinks that will keep Kayla with him. I am confused as to what they did to Chad. Did Marlena just accept that that is Stefano?

And there will be new info during the day.....plus many folks won't even have heard the noon break in, as they are at work, busy around the house, have run out to the store, eating lunch. But....they feel it is important. So many cancelled flights.......my cousin is at O'Hare, supposedly vacation to Vegas, but been there all day, flight delayed 4 times already, am guessing they are trying to decide about cancelling flights. No idea what airline, but imagine people are getting pretty frustrated by now.

Stupid is as stupid does: Given how inane the whole Steve-ano/Marlena plot it, it would have been appropriate if the faux Phoenix had read "Ode on a Grecian Urn" from a copy of John Keats for Dummies instead of a real poetry book.

Safety first: Since John is insisting on looking for his Doc in Steve-ano territory, he ought to wear some kind of helmet lest another blow to the head puts him into another coma.

Legal ethics: Justin shouldn't even have been talking to "Princess Gina." He can't represent a non-person.

Hire good help: Cheapo Steve-ano should hire professionals to do his dirty work. If he continues to utilize RoboChad, everyone on his hit-list is going to live to a ripe old age.

Thanks, Poirot and Tina.

It's a new day in Salem, but some people are still wearing the same clothes from yesterday

Every time Stevano says queen of the night, I laugh.

Kayla was saved by the doorbell when Justin asked about her how she felt about Steve
since we know now he wasn't himself when he came back.

Stevano has his queen of the night at his castle and Gina, not John, figured it out.

LOL that you watching it for just a few minutes, you pretty much got it all. The only other thing is that Kayla said that since Dr Rolf put the chip in, he has to be the one to take it out. And when Jenn said that he wasn't even a real doctor, Kayla mentioned that when they had her captive, he was bragging about all the wonderful medical techniques he had created, so somehow, he is going to do the surgeries????

I don't trust these writers or show runners for an instant and we know how they love to feature rape as romance. All I can say is that if Steve lays one hand on Marlena and even kisses her, I will be out of here (and yes, I have mentioned that many times, but this is the final straw.) If they try to say she is willing because of the chip, it is still rape. I am hoping that it will be over soon and John will rescue her before the chip kicks in, but not sure how they will get Rolf to take it out.

And why is Hope/Gina still sitting in a meeting room? How could she get a lawyer since she doesn't exist??? At least we know that Justin won't lose this case, since he refused to "help."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't know why, but you reminded me of an old kiddie book called "Mother Mother I Feel Sick, Send For the Doctor, Quick Quick Quick". I could see you pulling everything out of Hope's brain.

Here's a video of someone reading the book.

Watched the show late last night. I don't know how you watched it, Poirot. Inane and boring are two words that kept coming to mind. Geez, give me a scalpel and forceps, and I'll get that dang chip out of Hope.
University Hospital is always making a mountain out of a molehill. The mighty Love Doctor, Daniel Jonas, could get Rolf's microchip out of Hope's head with a pen knife and tweezers. In fact, the Horton Cabin Raccoon Team could probably do the job with a can-opener and their nimble little paws.

5fea861efd62b06e39764ccdd53ae907.jpg

Back