3-13-2016 - Donuts & catching up

Y

YPG

Good morning all. Today's high is 76° with rain expected in the afternoon.

Where have I been? Not even watching Days and I am behind on the summaries. My daughters had spring break so My oldest is home and we have been doing so much.

Finally got my upstairs organized and everything put in the inside storage closet. I asked the church for help in putting up this shed in a box for the outside and they said probably so that is great.

We used to have so many squirrels at my old old house. They were so fun to watch in the back yard through the big glass doors. My old house was on too busy of a street for squirrels though I had seen a bunny a couple of times which was totally weird.

This is the only year I have not gotten a flu shot. The VA hospital split up and moved half the clinics and services to a new location that is not convenient to Me so I just have not gone. But I did make sure the girls get theirs.

I used to also keep company mailings in case I would want to sign up until I got used to the idea that I can contact any of these entities online if I wish to do business with them. Now I just shred everything.

I am so glad I got a Keurig. It brews so many flavors of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino and even some Campbell's soups. So much better than keeping a pot on when I usually only need one or two cups and with the Keurig I can accommodate everyone's tastes in one sitting. Plus it is ready so fast and easy to maintain. I highly recommend it.

We just watched Groundhog Day on NetFlix this week. It is one of my favorite movies. Because of my car accident/head injury/amnesia and how long I spent in the hospital doing the same thing over and over, I totally feel the protagonist's frustration.

When I saw St Patrick's Day parade mentioned, I had to go check my calendar and see when the holiday actually falls. I was scared it was today lol.

I can not keep a plant alive to save my life so good luck with that.

Today we will take my oldest back to college. I feel like our time has been so short. We will have a big breakfast before we hit the road: waffles, eggs and beef smoked sausage.

But for now everyone is sleeping in and I am just browsing the internet, catching up on things I have missed. Good day to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of rain today; it's a good thing the gutters were just cleaned! A big birthday party for A. Guy Jr.; I will be providing kazoo accompaniment during the song. :drunk:

Have a safe, restful day, everyone!

Morning all. Hope those of you who change time have remembered. My phone changed time. Apparently since I live in AZ, I have to manually change time when I change timezones. Why, I don't know, it doesn't make sense. I see the settings I can have use Time Zone provided by provider set and be moved ahead an hour or use the Arizona setting and keep the correct time, but if I fly east I have to set the time automatically. Weird.

Happy Birthday to A.Guy Jr. Hope he enjoys the kazoo accompaniment.

YPG, that breakfast is making me think I should try something a bit more inspired that a bowl of cereal. Did #1 daughter enjoy NYC?

Sounds like maybe condo number two has residents now too.

Happy Sunday all.

Hello. Happy Birthday to your son, Guy, and have fun!

It's a lovely day here, so I've been sitting outside. Not long ago, I put one of Sparky's old bowls (he likes to chew on the attachment part until they break, lol) on top of my A/C unit and it filled with rain water. I saw a lizard (anole) sneak up there and drink some water, so I've been keeping it full ever since. I've been hoping to get a picture of that, but the little critter doesn't cooperate, lol. Today, I saw him (I know it was a him because he was showing his "money" later, lol) and waited for half an hour, with my dwindling patience, for a photo of him drinking. After all that time, he decided to start showing his money and run to a female I hadn't seen. I was tricked! He had no interest in the water at the time, lol. I did manage to get a picture of him close to the bowl, though. Ha!

sneakyanole.jpg

Take care my friends.

A pretty day here, but I'm not going outside. Too wet. I walked Goldie right after
church because rain is coming later. I wanted to pick up as many free papers
before it rained. (another long story). We might have thunderstorms later
this afternoon.

YPG, glad you posted today. I'm glad you had nice week with your daughters.

kt, thanks for posting the picture.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday.

Good afternoon all.......Back from church, in the 50s again, we have lost probably 80%, maybe 90% of the snow now, though the lake is still all ice, except in a few places around the edges.
Is breezy, and the forecast again is for rain.....but...we will see.

Well, the gals did it......the girls' basketball team are state champs, won their game yesterday. This on top of the girls' hockey team becoming state champs last week, has the town in an uproar. Yayyyyy! Small town America, really small town America.

High winds again for the rest of the day today. Power off and on since about 2:30. Over 100,000 people without power. 1 dead when tree landed on his car. Winds up to 70 mph in a lot of places.

I'm tired. I just want to go to bed and sleep. And when I wake up I want this to be over with. It is hard to get "into" anything because most of the projects I want to do involve electricity: computer, sewing machine, oven, etc. OK, that's enough whining for now. :)

I hope things are going well in your part of the world. And for those of you battling health problems, I hope you are getting the care you need and some good rest.

Lilo, I'm so glad you posted. After seeing the news this evening, I was worried about you! They said there are over 100,000 people without power and the picture of the woman's car where the tree fell on it - how awful. Stay safe and I have you in my prayers.

We drove up to St Marie's. I went to decorate my parents grave & see the old homestead my great grandparents had. The weather held up until we got home & then poured down rain for 2 hours. Winds are supposed to pick up but nothing like poor Lilo.

The time change has made the day fly by.

Hope everyone had a great day
Shannon

Back