3/3/20 - NBC pre-empting again!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This time it is for talk of the coronavirus, what they are doing, budget, questions, etc. etc. etc. (in Westchester Cnty, NY)

Only saw about 5 minutes of the show, which was replay of Monday's ending. Nearly 1/2 hour has gone by now. Sorry folks.

Got the last 20 min. or so........

So, over at Sonny's, Will & Ciara burst in, Evan holds gun on all, Will & Ciara verify again that Evan killed Jordan, he denies, then admits......no idea what happens but next I see Ciara holding gun on Evan, while Sonny is helping Will, who got knocked on head with one of Maggie's figurines.

Evidently a bullet was fired, hit the statue, which fell on Will on or something like that. Ciara doesn't want to wait for cops, gonna take Evan to prison, tells Sonny to stay with Will, she will make Evan drive.

Kristen & Brady sit at a table, talking of Kristen knowing Stefano was in Steve's body, Brady makes her promise no more lies, as she tries to excuse her not telling him this. They go to hospital, Mickey being prepped for what is coming, Gabi not there yet, but she flounces in, talking of being stuck in traffic, wearing her usual smirk. Don't know what happened, next she is in bed, Dr. Raynor (who did that baby swap) is telling her a bit of discomfort, tho arrives bedside with huge needle.

Later, Mickey is getting the transplant, Eric & Sarah are anxious, Nicole goes for food, Xander prays to God to have baby live. He sees Dr. Raynor, why is she there, she was supposed to be out of country. Dr. Raynor explains it bothered her, she has patients to take care of, & is part of team treating Mickey. He warns her to keep her mouth shut, she is saying she doesn't know if she can keep the secret, Nicole appears...am I interrupting something? At one point, Nicole is bugging Xander as to why he kept insisting Tate be tested.

Brady & Kristen visit Gabi, who is complaining of being in great deal of pain. No sympathy from them, they know she only did this to save her own hide. Kristen is soft voiced, but tells Gabi off.

At the prison, Ben has received the 1st of the injections, and begins not only having flashbacks of him & Ciara, but seems to also have some hallucinations, sees her standing next to Marlena. He says aloud he cannot move (paralyzed), Marlena is encouraging him to just breathe, breathe. She has tears in her eyes, is upset as she watches him. He continues to have these visions of Ciara & him.

Sonny & Will talk of Evan, Sonny thought him such a nice guy, why did he not see it. Will reminds him Rafe hired him, he did appear a good guy. They jabber about Evan, and about themselves, glad to be together, surprised the police have not yet arrived.

The warden's phone starts beeping, A security breach. In rushes Ciara, pushing Evan, gun to his neck. This is the man who killed Jordan. Ben sees her, or seems to, but the injections have taken hold. He seems to draw one last breath.

You all won't believe what Nicole is wearing. Some pink number with thin straps, all bare shoulders, arms, back, .....egads! It is still winter, it is March, she looks like she is going to go for a barefoot walk on the beach. What is wrong with wardrobe?

P.S. looks like the prison guards are as inept as the Salem P.D. Here is Ciara, with a gun and holding a man as hostage, able to not only get into the prison, but evidently thru halls, stairways, etc. and into the room where a man is being executed, and no one stops her. Amazing!

You all won't believe what Nicole is wearing. Some pink number with thin straps, all bare shoulders, arms, back, .....egads! It is still winter, it is March, she looks like she is going to go for a barefoot walk on the beach. What is wrong with wardrobe?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I posted in the spoiler thread (after kat posted the picture link for today) that I couldn't wait to see your reaction to Nicole's summer dress.

As eye rolling as this whole show was, and especially this prison story since there is no one alive who believes that Ben is going to die, I couldn't believe it when Ciara single-handedly had Evan drive them to the prison, get him out of the car and through the prison holding a gun to his head, without being stopped. And yet, when she gets to the room where Ben is being executed, she barges in, again, with a gun, and the security people come in afterwards with their guns drawn. Even if he does confess again, the fact that she is holding a gun to his head would negate that! I don't even want to think about all of the other stupid things happening in this story.

So, Nicole is starting to put pieces together about the baby swap mess. Is she going to figure it out and keep it a secret from Eric again? Maybe she will figure it out and confront Xander, who will, one again, convince her to keep it a secret. I can totally see that happening since she hates Kristen.

Eric: He must have really been psyched up for Baby Mickey's marrow transplant. He actually shaved for the occasion.

Nicole: She seems to have joined Gabi in wearing unsuitable attire for an upper Mid-West winter. If she's going to do this, why not work it into the plot? E.g., Spoiler: An anguished Eric rushes Nicole to the hospital because she's suffering from severe hypothermia.

Brady: He actually said to psycho Kristen: "No more lies." Instead, how about something much better: no more Brady-Kristen scenes. Watching creepy Kristen interact with the town dunce is almost unbearable.

Dr. Raynor: Apparently, she's a has a incredibly wide range of medical skills just like the fabled Love Doctor himself, Daniel Jonas Where else but Salem would an obstetrician also do bone marrow transplants?

Marlena: She said to the warden that Ben's execution was "a travesty." That description could apply equally well to many Days recent story lines.

Ben: He's fortunate that State Prison specializes in slow-motion executions. If he lived in pre-1980s France, Ben and his head would have been on the way to the prison cemetery by the time Ciara was improbably able to get past security and drag Evan into the death house.

Victor: Now he has a bullet hole in the Kiriakis living room wall. It would make for a good scene to show him barking at Henderson: "How did that get there??!"

Last edited:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Gotta say you hit the nails on the head again, DrB. So Victor is home, there is a gunshot, and he is no where to be found? Neither is Henderson?

Oh, definitely agree about the slow motion, VERY slow acting injections given to Ben. Will was there, got all the way back to the Kmansion, went thru the protracted scenes with Evan, & Ciara dragged Evan by gunpoint back to the prison, all in the space of the 5 minutes it usually takes for the 3 injections to result in death. :shocked: Guess that prison is in the next block, right? Surprising Victor would have a home so close. But then, I went to high school across the street from the Cook County prison, so, it happens. (Don't google, it was Chicago)

I liked Dr. Raynor, glad there is another doc besides Kayla who is a jack of all trades, hope she sticks around. Same goes for D.A. Giddons (real life husband & wife). Wonder how much Nicole heard of Xander & Dr. Raynor's talk, being she was 50-100 ft. away.......not that it matters in Salem how close or far away you are, or what size door, wall thickness, etc. is between you & the conversation.

Its ridiculous how much they replay from day before. I really don't think the drugs administered for an execution work that slowly. The whole storyline is beyond ridiculous. I'm sure Ciara dragged Evan all that way by herself. The only funny thing was when Will said after hitting the floor - phew glad I didn't knock over one of Maggie's figurines.

I cannot take Brady and Kristen! Do John and Marlena know they are doing the nasty? It seems they just want to remake Kristen and de-age her by 20 years!!

Looks like baby switch going to come out. I am still hoping it's a 3rd random baby and not Kristen's.

The episode keeps flipping back and forth between the execution chamber and viewing area, the KMansion, and the hospital.

The scenes at the KMansion were ridiculous as Will, Ciara, and Sonny were in a full-blown confrontation with Christian aka Evan, who was holding them at gunpoint. They're lucky that Christian didn't shoot them all. Finally, when Evan/Christian zeroed in on Will for ruining his plans for a new "family" comprised of Sonny, David, Arianna and David, Will tackles him. Will and Evan/Christian fall back, and the gun goes off.

Ciara is able to grab the gun as Evan/Christian and Will fall to the floor. Will hits his head as he falls back. Ciara is now holding Evan/Christian at gunpoint. Sonny rushes to assist Will. Here's the dialogue:

Sonny (to Will): Where were you hit?
Will: I wasn't.
Ciara: The bullet went into the wall.
Will: Thank God it (the bullet) didn't hit one of Maggie's figurines. (This is my favorite line of the episode.)

Ciara wants to take Evan to the prison so he can confess. Sonny offers to drive (that answers our question as to whether or not the jail is within walking distance). Ciara tells Sonny to stay with Will. Evan/Christian will drive.

Thanks, Poirot.

OHCarol, I enjoyed Will's line too.

I fast-forwarded most of Ben and Ciara flashback scenes.

How fast did Evan drive to the prison since Ben hasn't gotten his
third shot yet?

Yesterday, Evan talked about how crazy Jordan was. Today it seemed he is too.

Gabi talked to Sarah about how bad the Salem Hospital was with something

than mentioned paternity mix ups, interesting.

I was surprised as Xander was seeing Dr Raynor back in Salem. Hopefully,
this means the baby switch will be discovered before May sweeps.

Would the Salem hospital lab wonder why neither Eric or Sarah's DNA didn't match
Mickey's? And would they notice if neither one of their blood type didn't match
either? Oh wait, it's Salem
:)

Would the Salem hospital lab wonder why neither Eric or Sarah's DNA didn't match
Mickey's? And would they notice if neither one of their blood type didn't match
either? Oh wait, it's Salem
:)
Been wondering that for some time now. AND it should be on the records that hospital personnel look at every time they treat Mickey. But then common sense is definitely absent in Salem, and since everyone shares that Salem brain, it takes a hike to go rest quite often. :)

I was surprised as Xander was seeing Dr Raynor back in Salem. Hopefully,
this means the baby switch will be discovered before May sweeps.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, I'd have spit it all over my keyboard. Considering how often the slow-motion or fast forward time on this show, we may not know the outcome of this story until May 2021. If I'm thinking correctly, in Salem it still the day after Valentines Day in Salem, or am I wrong on that?

Oh, I am betting that at least a few days have passed. Heck, Gabi was out of prison, and even changed clothes! Eric shaved. Sarah even went into Dr. mode, which is rare for her.
Gotta say, made me laugh when Gabi "had been stuck in traffic". Really? Ciara & Will seemed to have no problems zipping from one place back and forth, but who knows. Now they want us to believe the hospital is not down the block from the prison, Kmansion & DiMansion. And probably across the street from the Pub.

Back