3/8/2024 - Donuts and International Women's Day

It rained some during the night, but no rain this morning so I was able to take a walk. Rain is suppose
to start later this evening.

This morning, I went to a rehab place to test my balance. I'll have to go two times a week for awhile.
It's hard to find time with my schedule. I'll be doing studies.

robin, I hope you could stay in during the rainy weather.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunshine.

rf, I hope Boomer is doing better.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon.

Boomer Update
Back to vet this morning
We are home with 2 new meds not a cure but lasix to help keep the fluid off and a heart pill to help his heart

rf, sorry to hear Boomer had to go back to the vet today. I hope these medicines help him out.

Sexton, I too hope these meds will be helpful for Boomer. I've never had to deal with anything like that for a dog but it sounds similar to heart problems in people and I know animals can have some of the same things.

Kat, I hope you can get help with your balance. If you do, you'll have to share the secret. I have to watch my step and I know others with the same problem.

Wilde Woman, you don't ever seem to be free of rain for very long but I'm glad you at least got a bit of a break.

Robin, I guess you do fall into that "middle of the country" category. Wishing sunny, warmer days for you soon.

Without a tv I'm not seeing any news or weather except to look up weather on the computer. We had all kinds of watches and warnings over the past couple of days but it pretty much went north, south, and east of us. Today we finally got what could almost be called a shower or two but not enough to make any kind of puddle or even mud. Just wet grass. Cloudy, wet, and breezy all day. Third day of returning migraines for me. Trying to wrap up some phone and internet loose ends--things that have been hanging there waiting to be done for too long.

Also have to watch my balance, was told I would get a call from therapy.......still waiting.......

O.C. just read something in Readers Digest about dealing with migraines........very unusual to have them 3 days in a row. . Anyway, it was about diet, how eating some things can trigger them. The article was wayyy too long to put here, but did note, among other things, "common" triggers for some people were alcohol, salt,sugar, chocolate, caffeine. Not everyone gets affected by same things......and believe it or not, watermelon showed up big time. And then, there was bread......actually it is a gluten sensitivity! And then there is wheat. Hey, it can be just one or two things, not all.
And healing, or reducting migraine......an increase in intake of fish, yep.........
Some folks found eliminating one or two of suspected triggers worked extremely well,....same goes for some who increased weekly fish intake. Who knows?

This is just a part of the article. (you can also google anti-migraine diet.....

Thanks, Poirot. Back in the 1980s I learned a lot about how foods can cause all kinds of ailments, when I went on fasts and elimination diets and had various allergy tests done. There's even a test for delayed allergies, since foods can take a few days to get out of one's system, which makes it complicated to figure out which ones are the offenders. The real culprit may have been eaten two days ago but now is "masked" by all the other foods eaten since then. Your article makes some sense for this week, for sure. On voting day there were sweets and snacks around and I ate way, way more sweets than usual. But then we've had weather changes too, so as you said, who knows? One thing I know for certain--watermelon is not my problem! I learned at an early age that I'm allergic to melons (hives) and I haven't touched watermelon since I've been an adult.

OC, they did some testing at the balance center. I'm going to learn exercises to strengthen my legs and he
thinks there might be some loose crystals in an ear. I didn't like what he did to figure that out.

Kat, it's hard to imagine your legs aren't already very strong, considering all the walking and gardening you do. But I guess maybe it's a matter of focusing on particular muscles. The ear crystals thing is intriguing. Please keep us updated on that.

Back