4/13/2023 - Donuts and Internet Outages

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

A large area here has been experiencing internet and phone outages since shortly before noon yesterday. Then our work servers went down. Thankfully, everything seems to be working this morning.

Today will be another day with unseasonably warm weather. It'll be over 80*F for the second day in a row.

Wilde Woman is this your first day to eat leavened products again or will that be tomorrow?

Good morning! Hard to believe, but this week, we have now lost about 95% of all that snow. little pieces here and there, and where the snow was piled from plowing, but even those have melted down to a small pile. today & tomorrow are mid 70s days they say, and some rain on Sunday. Amazing the quick change. Heck, barely started on moving things around in the closet........and bringing the lighter clothing out of the stow away spots. So nice to see grass again, even if it is brown, dry, etc. So much snow has to have melted into the ground. We got snow so early, ground had not frozen yet, so the piles of snow sort of protected the ground, acted as insulation, thus the snow melting did not make puddles and ponds atop the land, just soaked right in. At least most places.
Gonna go eat something for breakfast, will have to make a run to the store, make headway in closet and drawers. Take care.....have a good day.........

Wilde Woman is this your first day to eat leavened products again or will that be tomorrow?
redsquireel - Tonight at sundown I can have bread, but since that won't be until 7:33 pm, and I do intermittent fasting and will be done eating for the day by 6:30 pm/7:00 pm, it will have to wait until tomorrow morning. It will be worth it, and thank you for asking!

Poirot, seeing your ground again would be almost like stepping on dry land after taking a long sea voyage. I hope you get enough sunshine to turn that grass green in a hurry--and bring up some flowers. Time for some color up your way.

Squirrel, sounds like your temperature will be about the same as mine today. I hope your internet and phones keep working.

I've got to run to town and get a prescription today. Will make a stop at the small grocery store too. This town is in the opposite direction from where we went yesterday. It's only 25 miles, one way.

Wishing a good day for everyone.

redsquirrel - Glad your services are back, and enjoy the warmer weather.

Poirot - Great to hear that the snow is quickly becoming a fading memory. Enjoy the nicer, warmer temps.

We are at 71 in NY. It got up to 80 yesterday. I went for a short walk after work and could not believe how the temps changed so quickly from the other day.

Everyone enjoy your day!

thursday-may-your-day.jpg

Another pretty day here, but I'm staying inside this afternoon. Washing cloths this afternoon.

Friday afternoon I'm going with a Sunday school member where my brother lives. I'll have to
get key from the apartment business in one town. Then drive to apartment. I hope it will be
easy to find the items I need right away. I'm not planning to stay long this trip. I can pay
for another month's rent. Hopefully, I won't wake up Friday AM and not get back to sleep.

rs, are you working from home or going to work?

Poirot, I'm glad you're seeing the ground again. I see butterflies and tons of mosquitoes.

OC, I hope you have a safe trip to town.

Wilde Woman, enjoy our nice.

I hope everyone has nice weather today.

Mosquitoes already, Kat? Nooo! We usually get one week into May before the mosquitoes and gnats take over but sometimes sooner. So it's tomorrow you're going to your brother's apartment? I'm glad you've got somebody from Sunday school going with you. I know you are capable of handling all this on your own but still it seems good to have someone with you.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad you're getting some warmer days but 80* may be too warm. I'm thinking if you have a lot of tall buildings around you, there may not be much of a breeze. But that might not be true. Just my imaginings.

Hey.... I thought I'd been here already.... it's been that sort of day...... horrible..... HB is in a foul mood his back is killing him and he won't eat or drink anything so his blood sugar is low it's just not a terrific day, he is currently cursing because I've unplugged and moved the shredders, which needed to be done Saturday so we could move the couch and desk..... and the utility knife wasn't put away where it should have been..... has he packed anything yet you ask? No, he hasn't.
Yesterday while I was out with the yard men cleaning the back yard I received two bites from those blood sucking skeeters..... so they are back..... of course we never really did get a good cold spell to do them in.....so they should be back in force shortly.....

I'm going to head out to work trees and leave Cranky pants to work out his inner issues......

Hope everyone has a great evening.....

took a very small walk outside, went to look at the absolutely ugly area that is supposed to be a garden, checked around the entire house, grass is really matted down from the snow. Ran into next door neighbor, who had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago, and was taking advantage of the warm tho windy weather for a short walk. He was wearing some off thing around his chest, says in case he has to cough or spit (????) it helps him. Anyway, he asked me to come sit with him on his patio, he had a couple outside chairs set up and so we did, chatted away for about an hour, then I left as getting close to dinner time. Twas nice just to be outside. I rarely see any neighbors at all.

I spoke too soon about getting someone for tomorrow. She wanted to help me with something
today, but I didn't help today. Please pray for safe journey and a good nights sleep. I'll be
going alone.

Poirot, I'm glad you got out and had a nice visit.

kat. sorry your friend can't go tomorrow. If we lived closer, I would go with you. is it a long drive?

It's only an hour one way, but not the best road and town has the worse traffic.

Back