5/15/24 - Donuts and National Chocolate Chip Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
images

Good morning kat and WW. A beautiful morning so far, but the rains are to come again.

Will be off in a bit to work at a senior center on the other side of the county. This is my most favorite one of all that I go to in 3 counties.

I only like chocolate chip cookies when they're soft and gooey. I really don't like any crisp cookies. I don't even make my Italian biscotti as hard as a rock on the second bake like you're supposed to do.

I'll have to make these today. This was the second cookie I learned to bake. Ginger Snaps were the first cookie I learned to bake.

It's a beautiful day in Calgary today BUT........we need rain. The city of Fort McMurray is currently on a 2 hour evacuation notice and 10% of the population has been evacuated due to wildfires. The poor people who live there went through this back in 2016 and are now going through it again. The path of the fire is the same path it took in 2016, destroying neighbourhoods so those who rebuilt after those fires are in a devastating and heartbreaking situation again. Communities in northern B.C, such as Fort St. John have been evacuated. It's going to be a tough and destructive summer for many.

This coming weekend is May Long weekend and the unofficial kick off to camping season. WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Our heads are not in camping yet as we are trying to finish off projects from last year and will be getting the brakes done on our 1968 Thunderbird so we can enjoy it this summer then put it up for sale in the fall.

Have a great Hump Day everyone

Unfortunately, I am allergic to chocolate, so......peanut butter cooky for me, please. LOL
We are rather cloudy today, tho not supposed to rain.........but who knows.
My son arranged for someone to come and fix/replace the strip across the bottom of the garage door (part was torn off in corner, nice entry for mice, or maybe a swarm of bees, flies, mosquitos, etc. They were to arrive between 8 and 9, so made sure I was up, dressed, ready. Well, got to be 8:20 so I was thinking maybe I should get garage door open and move the car out. open inside door to garage and the light is on. I was surprised, then upset, as only goes on when car enters, and figured it never went out when I came home yesterday afternoon.
Well, raised the garage door.........and another surprise. No hole on the bottom. the guy had been here, fixed it, and left, and I never heard him. Son told them side door would be open, so they went in, did the job, etc. etc. And before 8:20! Probably were here before 8. Don't understand how I did not hear anything. Scary.

Good morning..... this morning around 4:30 the hit or miss storms made their way over our house with two or three LOUD claps of thunder.... I had a 13 pound friend insist on sleeping on me..... the skies cleared and it is turning out to be a steamy day today.... I'm working as a ticket taker for a baseball tournament the rest of this week. I just hope I have shade, but just in case I'll bring my hat......
Princess problem mowers are back..... perhaps by the end of the season it won't annoy me so much.....

My Aunt make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.... with oatmeal and cornflakes, I add cinnamon which my Aunt never did.... and yes rs cookies must be soft and gooey not crisp if Chocolate chip.

Happy Wednesday

It was in the 50s when I walked this morning. It's partly cloudy and close to 80. There might be rain later
today and Thurs & Friday.

I caved yesterday and cleaned out the bird basket. Then put it up. It took awhile for a bird to come back. I don't
know if the same couple well use basket or another one.

I went to Goodwill after PT. I wanted to get some jeans to wear at home since both pairs had holes. I found out
you can no longer try clothes on. You have two weeks to bring items back for refund. I went ahead and bought
two pairs since I'll be close by again on Friday. I'm keeping one pair. The good news is they will no longer use
plastic bags. I always have bags in my car and take in stores when I shop.

I like soft cookies better than hard.

rs, I hope your visit at the senior center went well.

Muzzaman, sorry to hear about the fires.

Poirot, I'm glad the garage fixed even though you didn't see him.

robin, enjoy the baseball tournament.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day.

Back