7/13/21 - Donuts & Clouds

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,

It's a cloudy humid morning so far with storms rolling in later today or tomorrow. Gena and I are meeting the lady from church tonight to finish up the craft/decorating preparations for Vacation Bible School tonight. Which will be a nice break after our crazy night last night of making Gordon Ramsay's fish & chips for dinner and weeding/watering our garden. So very many weeds, a lot of which are grass.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
Good morning.

Tis very wet and soggy here, too. At least we were able to dodge the rain while loading and unloading equipment this morning.

Amanda, I don't know how you have time for everything you do. You and your Mom sure are great role models for Gena with volunteering at church and quilt making for veterans.

Amanda just saw your post about Josh Robinson Drums in yesterday's thread. Looked him up, and he worked in Philadelphia. The person leading the drumming program here learned it from someone in Philadelphia so it makes sense that it was probably through Josh Robinson's groups.

Philadelphia is about 6 hours over the mountains from where I live. The people there may as well be in a different state since everything is so different from us over on the western side of the state. Our customs, language usage, etc. are basically the same as eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia. Those out east are very similar to New Jersey, northern Delaware, and the northeast corner of Maryland. My friends from out there and I always laugh about our different words for things.

My morning didn't go as planned. I had my yearly skin exam at the dermatologist today.
When I left home, I could tell there was something wrong with the tires. Then the light
came on. I didn't have time to go the station in my little town to fix the problem. I was
going to stop at Lowe's and maybe Kohl's after my exam, but even with going in early
I wasn't seen until after 30 minutes of my appointment time.

I kept thinking I should try to get the tires fixed before I went home. When I was
leaving the parking lot, a truck was going to pull in. A man was inside and I stopped
him to ask where to could go to get air. He said Walmart, but I don't think they do.
Then he remembered the tire store that's still new. I told him thanks. I got to the tire
store and they have a set up just to check tires. I didn't have to get out of the car.
I gave the man a tip. Then I came home. I'll have to go out next week to the other stores.

manda, I had to reread your post. You meant weeding not wedding. How's your garden
doing? Hopefully, next year there won't be so many things to pull out.

rs, I hope you won't get too much rain this time around.

Wishing everyone a nice afternoon and evening.

RS - I don't know how I find the time to do everything either, I just make it work. States are funny like that WI is similar, the far north part is very much like Michigan, south eastern is similar to Chicago, south west takes after Iowa.

Kat - thanks for catching my typo, I fixed it. I'm glad you were able to get your tire filled without having to get out of the car, that's great service.

Good afternoon. Ugh, getting stuff out of storage to make sure it's still working, clean etc., so you can pack it for your vacation is a miserable duty..

We got a HUGE storm last night, as in when you looked at the radar map we were red!!! Lots of wind, lots of thunder and lightning and some rain. Rain for about 15 minutes, wind for about a half hour, lightning because it's special a lot longer. The lights flickered a couple of times but power remained on. I was watching Shark Week, it's a guilty pleasure.

kat - keep an eye on your tires. They may do this again. At least mine did till they found a teeny tiny nail removed it and fixed it and it didn't happen again.

Off to the dust bins to find more stuff to take to the cabin.

Back from the doctor. It took about 1-1/2 hrs. Upshot is, despite all my problems, am pretty healthy, lost just 1/4" in height, tho they deducted another 1/4 for shoes. LOL, BP & all that. For my age, all was o.k. the A-fib was being kept in check. Doc said he always looked forward to me coming in, lol, I am such a pleasure. Yeah, I am pretty outgoing & cheerful I guess. I did tell of all the stress, but they figure I am handling it o.k. except for the sleep problems. Should I say waking up constantly problems. LOL No rattling in lungs, etc. Sinus not causing too much problems there. Everyone is developing worse allergy reactions this year, around here. Been 10 years, so had to get tetanus shot...arm hurts now, guess this will go on for a few days.

Rained for about 10 minutes, very lightly, just a bit ago. hate to say this, but looks like these little storms are moving east! RS.......hope it is above where you are.

Stress??? Poirot what stress do you have???? Did the doc have any suggestions for the constant waking?

We are under a dust storm warning. The alert came through on the phone. Not windy here so it may die before it gets here, which would be nice.

We survived the evil monster garbage truck today. It only stopped once as we didn't put out recycling. We only put out bins when they are full so the protector had but one monster to vanquish today. I will be safe for another week. Whew.

LOL, Doc said I might try melatonin pills or whatever. I don't get sleepy after eating Thanksgiving turkey meal, so that is not for me. I just worry about different things, plus life is so topsy turvy currently. Caregivers here 2 hrs every a.m. and again around supper time. Hubby has dr. appts. , tests, etc. all having to be arranged when caregivers can drive him. (I cannot). He has walker & wheelchair. He had kidney assessment yesterday, all was o.k., however the surgeon's office said too much calcium around heart, so they are talking of putting in a stent first, before the valve replacement procedure. This means pushing that into August now. ???

Today, I was in bathroom, starting to wash up and get dressed, doorbell. 7:30. Caregiver arrived early, was at another client's, Emergency...so rather than go home, only to turn around to come here, arrived early. Guarantee you my life is no longer my own. Yesterday, finally made haircut appt. for next week, tried to make oil change appt. but lines busy to service dept. So was to call again, too busy today, and now have to try tomorrow. If I remember.

Daughter's hubby is on his way back here, I think they were thinking of leaving on Wed. or Thurs. but now, hubby's appt's may delay that.

Looks like a lot going on in people's lives. I got pretty tired out today. Took my truck to the mechanic to see if maybe the a/c just needed freon. Too bad it's something other than that but I don't know what and he didn't know when he'd have time to work on it. There's also a problem with the transmission. We had to add fluid a couple of weeks ago and today the mechanic checked and it was almost empty--took 3 quarts to get it to normal. He doesn't seem to want to work on that either so I'm going to have to figure out somewhere else to go. We've tried different ones in the two towns and don't want to go back to any of them.

Then I went to a tire place and got the tire with the slow leak repaired. I'd been having to air it up every day or so for a good while. Was almost flat before I started out this morning. Turned out it had a nail in it. I hope he did a good fix on it. Robin, you are right about how often tire problems are overlooked. You get them fixed, then they aren't. Flat tires are a constant battle out where I live, most often big mesquite thorns.

I had a few other things to do in town and it was so hot. The a/c wasn't blowing at all and I had the blower on high. About halfway home it began to blow some but not enough to get any real relief. (My guess is there may be a mouse nest or dead mouse in the ducts). When I got home it was 100* and I was beat.

Oh wow, Robin, what kind of cactus, Saguaro? I can easily believe what you say about HB still getting the thorns though. I fuss at my city kids every time they come out here wearing flip flops or any sandals. It's said that everything in Texas has horns or thorns. It's not much of an exaggeration.

Back