7/17/21 - Donuts and yard work

dachsie21

Reaction score
Good morning all. We have had so much rain that I haven't been able to mow the grass for a couple of weeks and it was starting to seed - and I have St Augustine. I got it mowed last night but still need to do the trimming and such today. I also need to get in the flowerbeds as one of them is overrun with grass at this point. I am going it will be easy since the ground is still wet. I may also cut back some of the tomato plants. I now have one almost 12 ft tall when extended. Its falling over on the ground right now.

Also have a pedicure scheduled this morning and need to go buy a new bird feeder as the squirrel broke mine.

Looks like Covid is creeping upwards again. Our hospital is full and we have people waiting in the ER to get into a room. I wish people would get vaccinated.

Still amazed that its the middle of July and we are barely hitting the 90s. Would be so happy if we did not get to the 100s this year.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning......looks like you have a full day, Dachsie.......I am going to run out to supermarket in a minute. I never shop on Sat. in this tourist country, but have to get some things, so it has to be early.

Kat, I saw something so funny and thought of you. In a library, there is book cart with a sign on it...".I don't remember the title, but the cover was red." And all the books on 3 shelves are RED.

And then, in the MYSTERY section....all the books have blank paper covers on them.

Some librarian has a big sense of humor.

Dachsie, I see you're still going at it at a fast pace. Enjoy your pedicure. I heard somewhere that we won't reach triple digits this year but that remains to be seen.

A couple of my cousins are driving out here today from the Dallas area. Haven't seen them in a long time. They'll pick me up and we'll go to town to eat. Two other cousins from DFW may also drive out there and meet us. All of our ancestors are buried in the local cemetery there so maybe a stop and look around there. Not for long though. It is going to reach 97* today.

Another rainy morning. I was able to walk around three times before I felt rain drops.
I was able to get home before it poured. It lasted less than 5 minutes.

The forecast showed rain coming between 8 and 9. I took my raincoat today just in case.
I almost left it in the car since there were blue skies. I'm glad I didn't. When I was shopping
I heard thunder. Then I heard rain on the roof. I looked out the doors when I was going to
check out. It was pouring thick. I got soaked, but the raincoat protected most of me.

There will be a break in rain in about an hour. Then it's going to rain later this afternoon.

dachsie, enjoy your pedicure. I really need one, but I'm not sure where to go during the
upswing in sick people. Try to have fun during the weekend.

Poirot, good luck with your shopping today.

OC, enjoy your visit with family.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Quick visit to the supermarket. Despite the early hour, shelves empty all over, even the milk coolers, so the stocking had not been done. This lack of help everywhere truly is disheartening. But, for me, the stores are so cold I just cannot stay in them long. I guess my skin has gotten too thin or something, it turns red, itches like crazy. I wore a jacket, which evidently, did not help. I know a lot of folks who take jackets along just to wear inside the stores. The A/C is set way low, but in addition, the cold air from freezers & coolers add to it, I guess.

Ghosts1.jpg

Washing the cabin linens and getting them ready. Everyone is to bring up their own linens and towels. W have two sets there for "emergency" use, as it's a 45 minute drive to a town with a laundromat.

We got a little more rain yesterday. Temps are cooler but humidity is in the 50's and higher, so it's not better.

hope everyone has a great weekend....

robin, I love the funny. It's hard to fold a fitted sheet. I did one flat to fit in linen closet. I couldn't do again
for another one.

Definitely a challenge. There is something about starting out, sticking the bottom folds into the top folds, but from that point on.....forget it. I don't even get that far. LOL

I tried it that way. Didn't work well for me. Another person on YouTube has you fold sheet
on bed and flatten so air goes out. At the end, two sheets and pillow case are stuffed into
another pillow case.

yeah, doesn't work for me, either........I saw a video where some gal laid it on the floor, laid on top, then was folding corners into corners or something. Asinine. LOL

Good evening everyone. It has been crazy around here with over 13 inches of rain in less than 48 hours. Luckily, my basement is still dry.

A county fair about a half hour away from me in Ohio was under over 2 feet of water yesterday afternoon. I don't even want to think about how bad it is there after more monsoon rains last night and today. Luckily they got all of the farm animals out before the place flooded yesterday.

That video for folding sheets is ridiculous. She's ending up with all of the pockets inside of each other. That's worse than playing twister when you're a senior citizen with arthritis.

I don't have any problems folding fitted sheets once my friend's daughter, who works at a hotel, showed me how. First thing is lay the sheet down. Then you start off by inserting the pockets of the bottom of the sheet into the pockets of the top of the sheet. (Or vice versa, doesn't matter which way you do it.) You have to turn the pockets that you're inserting inside out to make it work. Now fold the doubled elastic sides so they meet in the the middle vertically to make straight lines on the new sides. Then fold the top and bottom to the middle to make straight edges. You now have a square or rectangle (depending on the size of the sheet) that you can now fold into a nice smooth square or rectangle.

rs, do you do it standing up like the woman in the video? Does it get flat. Maybe you can
make us a video
:)

Squirrelly, that is how the beginning of what I was told starts, but I have never been successful at it, perhaps because I did not lay the sheet flat on the bed first. But the gals in the laundromat do it without laying it flat, so........??????(One told me once they had a video training session with someone right there in the room with them.........They do laundry for a lot of resorts. )

I used to be able to do a decent job of it but with the newer sheets it no longer works for me.

I had a good day with 3 cousins and one's husband and my niece. Good to be out of the heat and relaxing though. It was close to 100*. We ate, then went to the cemetery, and finally to the Veterans' memorial monument at the courthouse, before coming home.

Back