7/24/23 - Donuts and National Cousins Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy-Cousins-Day-Images.jpg

Happy Cousins day to all my cousins....... okay well of my first cousins and a couple of my second, and beyond cousins... you know who you are....

It is another Monday one more Monday in this month before we move to August.... the new month when school starts and everything returns to a school time routine......

The frog wars continue.... however I've been informed they are not frogs but toads.... so it's now Toad Wars......Vinnie hopped along side his toady nemesis today trying to touch him with his paw.... but the toad was smarter than the hound and went under the table and then the fence....

I need to get out and mail my passport renewal off today and stop by the grocery store for some meals to prepare for warm weather as starting tomorrow we hit the triple digits for a couple of days..... unlike my former home who expect to top 110 yet again today for 24 days in a row.....that is just yucky.....

I hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday.....

It's sunny and in the 90s this afternoon. I worked outside after walking this morning. Today is the
coolest day for the week so I'm going to water flowers this afternoon.

robin, will you be going to school everyday or are you a substitute?

I hope everyone is doing well today.

hAD A JIM dandy thunderstorm last night, boy the cracks of thunder were right overhead......but, yes it rained, not all that much it seems but enough - little over half inch. Got dressed, planning on going to store, plus drop a return to Amazon off.......and two phone calls, one after the other (lengthy) changed that, plus trying to get this desk cleared up. So, procrastinated again. watched Days, read some posts, looked up a few things on internet, still have a few more. Such is life. See ya later.

Got a fair rain shower this morning. Currently 91 feel like 103.
Some rain due south of me on the radar
Having a quiet afternoon reading

rfsexton, I'm glad you're getting rain.

Poirot, I hope your afternoon is going better than the morning.

Oh my, I sat down here over an hour ago to post and drifted off. Kept waking up but couldn't stay awake. Woke up early this morning, got dressed to go out with my niece to do some things with cows but somehow we got our wires crossed and it never happened. I finally drove over to a pasture and closed a gate but it wasn't what she wanted done so somebody will probably have to go back. It's hard to get to and all I accomplished was to get two big red harvester ants up my pants leg. Driving home they bit/stung me four times above the knee. They hurt worse than a bee or a wasp because they bite into you and hold on while they sting and inject venom. They are vicious rascals and won't stop until you remove them. (You usually don't know they're on you until you feel the sting). I had to stop and pull off my boot and the leg of my jeans. After two hours it finally quit hurting and then when I sat down and put my laptop on my lap it started hurting all over again. Strange.

Before lunch I went to town to get a prescription and got a few groceries. I have a trip coming up and have so much to get done. Can't seem to get started. It's 105* outside, sunny. Glad I'm finished with outside for the day.

Back