Abby's baby

Boy or girl

• Boy

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Girl

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
I think JJ is named after Jack, isn't he? So if a boy, I would think perhaps Jack as the middle name, or Jack's middle name as the baby's middle name. That is, if a boy.
Also Sonny (Jackson) is named after Jack, too. So as a first name for a boy it would be repetitive. I do however, think it will be a girl. Especially if we consider the Grace angle and this new baby girl possibly being Chad's second chance at being a father to a little daughter. I am also reminded of Chad's scenes by the lake where he had little Ari, and Abby came upon them to witness the moment.:love:

Last baby was a boy (Tate) so I think it'll be a girl. They usually alternate, though there are exceptions.

If they find out the daddy is Chad before it's named, then I'm putting in a vote for Madeline, after Chad's mother. Middle name Rose, after Jennifer, or Grace, after baby Grace.

Jack Harcourt Deveraux's original name was William Earl Johnson. So, Harcourt Earl? :rotfl:Didn't Steve call Jack "Billy Jack"

Edit to add: What about Spencer Rose for a girl. Her Grandmother Laura's maiden name and Jennifer's middle name.

Last edited:
I like the idea of using Spencer, but that's Steven Olson's son's name (Steve is Julie and Hope's brother). Granted, Spencer was only mentioned once and probably no longer exists, but the name was assigned to him. Poor kid never even got an ornament on the tree.

I thought "Jack" was a dimunitive (nickname) form of "John." Exceptions abound, I guess.

I say girl.

As for names, a lot will depend on whether Abby and Chad find out that Chad is the father before the baby is named.

Sorry if I shouldn't put this here. Reading the name Grayson, it's tugging on my memory. Was there a woman named that on this soap, or some other show, and I want to say her love picked someone else or something?

No, there have been no characters on Days named Grayson. Are you thinking of the Civil War inspired storyline with Patch and Kayla? They were Emily and Gideon.

I thought "Jack" was a dimunitive (nickname) form of "John." Exceptions abound, I guess.

It's also short for "Jackson" as it is in this case.

Just had another thought. They could name a boy Jackson Dimera and call him "JD" for short. With Sonny offscreen, Stefano could easily refer to him by his full name too.

Grayson was Alice Horton's middle name. Heck, right now, we don't even know if Abby's child will survive, with the way Ben is acting.

Yes, I had mentioned that several posts earlier. NikkiFan was asking if there was a female character on Days named Grayson.

Back