Actor to be replaced

Why don't they just replace every single actor on Days since titb (the idiots that be) feel everyone is replaceable and we shouldn't notice?:sarcasm:

The problem with the Stefan character is how he arrived.....and just took over everything. That just would not happen. Two strangers contact board members, and manage to wrest control without notification to present officers? Just because he claimed to be some newly found out offspring......which still has not been proved. Mr. Shin should be ashamed. And so should Chad, who did not get a battery of lawyers to look into the legalities of it all.

From what I've read on social media, Brandon Barash(Stefan) is pretty regularly working in prime time so not sure he'd want to stay long term. Though he does have a young daughter to support so maybe he prefers a steady gig.

That said, clearly something bad happened with Tyler Christopher(Stefan) to lead to this turn of events. I just hope he is ok. He's been pretty quiet since this all was announced and I just saw a fan event in Atlanta next week has been cancelled too. He was supposed to appear with Greg Vaughan(Eric).

I thought their event was next weekend but I admit I haven't looked at the details very closely

I wonder if they are changing the actor before or after Kate Mansi takes over the role of Abigail. I am curious to know what the reason is that Tyler is no longer portraying Stefan O. Was he let go? Or did he ask to go? I wouldn’t blame the actor for wanting to give up the role. They wrote that character into a dark hole. Nothing is likable about him at all. Yet he is such a good actor. I don’t blame the actor at all. The writing has been just awful for that character.

I believe the show decided to let him go. Last Sept. he was taken from the set via ambulance. Kate Mansi will be taking over the role of Abby in November, while the first airing of Brandon Barash as Stefan will be in March.

Changing the actor won't help the despicable character.... it is the character that is disgusting.....
At least in my opinion

I totally agree! You can't come back from that! No matter who plays the role!

I believe the show decided to let him go. Last Sept. he was taken from the set via ambulance. Kate Mansi will be taking over the role of Abby in November, while the first airing of Brandon Barash as Stefan will be in March.
Poirot, do you know why he was taken away by ambulance? Was it a reason for firing him!
I'm so confused! Hope he is ok.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that he was already back taping before his replacement even airs. So what is one to believe. That being said. I only saw Tyler Christopher on GH a couple of times and loved the character. Somehow as Stefan O. the character seems a bit dry and is not going anywhere. Still can't tell how good or bad he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabi thought about smothering Julie and even picked up a pillow, but she didn't actually attempt it.

Back