Days of Lives - Fri., Sept. 22, 2017

Thank you for the summary. Though I rarely skip an episode, I was going to skip this one, but I may skim through and find the Chad-Andre scenes. Eric did a noble thing by leaving but I didn't want him to leave. Now how is Nicole going to find out that Brady forced him into it? I hope she does find out and drops him. I don't think I can stand to watch the two of them kissing and such, knowing what he did to Eric behind her back. Maybe Chloe will let something else slip--to Nicole.

Thanks, Poirot.

I wondered if Brady hid Nicole's briefcase because he said he looked where she found it.

Did Eric quit his job because he was too chicken to fire Nicole? I enjoyed the conversation
he had with Jen.

I'm glad Chad and Abby said they didn't want strippers at the party. I hope Jen and
Andre follow their requests.

Too bad Paul's mom can't come to the wedding. I was hoping for a surprise visit.

Since Sonny and Brady both want to be CEO at Titan, will Victor hire someone else to do it?

Chad and Abby, come on, now. They have a child, were married, divorced, getting married for the second time, new dress, bachelorette/bachelor party again and she's "making him wait for their wedding night"! Oh brother, how ridiculous and what a waste of episode content.

P. S. to add: I too loved the interaction between Chad and André. Very cute. Nicole knows very well why Eric resigned and left the center. Going after him is like asking for trouble. Can you see the handwriting on the wall?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea Abby wants to wait until the wedding night. I wish Chad would respect
her wishes and stop begging her to let's go upstairs.

In re: Eric leaving his job...I also feel he loves Nicole, and knows she loves her job, enjoys it, so is sacrificing his own happiness for her. He loves his job, but doesn't want Brady giving Nicole a hard time, doesn't want to disrupt the happiness and life that Nicole & Brady seem to be having. He is a much better man than Brady is, for sure.

As to Chad & Abby.....I think he wants to constantly show her, reassure her that she is the one for him, that he has no lingering regrets, And they are having a new beginning, a new life for themselves, putting things behind them. They have gone thru a lot to get where they are, made mistakes, made stupid choices/decisions, both know it.

Got a kick out of Abby making note of the fact he had entertained someone else in his bed not too long ago. Sounds like when Hope was happy Bo got a new mattress set for their bed after occupying it with the lady with the polka dot bra. LOL. (Carly)

Ok, I never thought of it that way and can see that as reason for leaving. I guess I don't like seeing Eric let Brady walk all over him. Despite them both having conversations of being brothers, family, being there for each other, these conversations lose all of that meaning when Brady reacts so horribly to Eric all the time. Brady knows Kristen drugged Eric so a brother wouldn't throw that in his face. I'm sure being taken advantage of like wasn't a picnic for Eric after the act and realization of what he took part in and as a priest.

What a contrast between the DiMansion and the K-mansion. Over at the DiMera place, Chad and Andre were engaging in a demonstration of brotherly unity that would make Stefano's portrait beam with pride. Meanwhile, at the K-mansion, it's major family discord as Mr. Jealousy is telling Big Boy Sonny that he can't have his old job back, which sparks the usual recriminations. It's too bad that Victor didn't walk in on the middle of this, make some snarky remarks and sort things out. (By the way, how can big-shot Brady take Sonny's job without the approval of Victor? After all, it was Victor who put the hamburger kid look-a-like into the top spot.)

Finally, it looks like the downtrodden, gloomy Eric has returned to his old cabin. If he wants to leave the Salem scene behind this is hardly the place. Anyone who is anyone can easily find him there. How long will it be before Nicole appears, begging him to return or Brady barges in, demanding that the hapless sourpuss really get far, far away from Salem.

I'm still surprised they're totally ignoring the fact that Sonny and Paul can't get married in the Catholic church. It would've made more sense for them to redress the St. Luke's set to pretend it's another church, of a denomination that does perform same-sex weddings.
I am Catholic and it does bother me about how many tenets of the Catholic church are ignored. The church will not marry a divorced couple without an annulment. The church does not approve of a couple living together before marriage. I could go on. I never have understood why it has to be a Catholic church, anyway. Couldn't it be some unnamed religion? I guess it's because the Bradys were supposed to be good Irish Catholics??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary Poirot!

Got a kick out of Abby making note of the fact he had entertained someone else in his bed not too long ago. Sounds like when Hope was happy Bo got a new mattress set for their bed after occupying it with the lady with the polka dot bra. LOL. (Carly)
Hope Chad gets the hint and gets a new bed, or at least a new mattress. Maybe a whole bedroom remodel would be good!:)

The self-pitying, drinking, angry Brady is getting on my last nerve! He has been this way for far too long, swinging back and forth between sobriety and drunkenness. C'mon, writers!
Once more :whack:to the writers for ruining this character. Hope they clear this up soon!

(By the way, how can big-shot Brady take Sonny's job without the approval of Victor? After all, it was Victor who put the hamburger kid look-a-like into the top spot.)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::clap:

:)
Got a kick out of Andre' being upset with Chad who knew Andre did not want to be called "bro", so did it anyway. LOL.

Chad's final shot at Andre may have been to call him "Bra," like Dog, the Bounty Hunter. :) :) It looked like Chad may have done it on his own, judging by Andre's reaction. :)

@TobyJ, I would like to see Chad take Abby's intimacy delay a few days past the wedding. :) Her idea does fit in with her recent giggling sessions, though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kat, I can also do without Chad's begging Abby. He reminds me of Ray Romano on "Everybody Loves Raymond." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: On the other hand, maybe Abby could skip the couch make-out sessions. :rolleyes:

Brady should offer Eric the job of running his Canadian hardware store. There must be some folks waiting to pick up their repaired window screens.

I have not yet given up on Brady. Still cutting him some slack for his jealousy. "Perception is reality." and the Eric/Nicole lovebirds have given him plenty of perception.

I wonder how Kayla, and Steve are doing?

I am Catholic and it does bother me about how many tenets of the Catholic church are ignored. The church will not marry a divorced couple without an annulment. The church does not approve of a couple living together before marriage. I could go on. I never have understood why it has to be a Catholic church, anyway. Couldn't it be some unnamed religion? I guess it's because the Bradys were supposed to be good Irish Catholics??
I agree. I grew up Catholic, went to a Catholic school, and my father is a retired high school Catholic religion teacher, so while I am not a practicing Catholic now, I do know a few things about the religion. Days does not do their research on this particular topic. So many things to mention here and as someone who is legally married in a same-sex marriage, this is at the top of the list that the church would not allow or participate in.

It has been discussed in other posts of threads that Sonny and Paul going through pre-cana classes is so unrealistic. In Calgary, the bishop was very vocal in their opposition to legalizing same sex marriage so I cannot take this double marriage thing taking place in a Catholic church seriously at all. When Will and Sonny were married, having Marlena preside over the ceremony was more true to life and realistic.

Back