Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 12, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 12, 2019

And let the weddings proceed. Tripp is with Justin who is going to perform the ceremony for them, is honored. Jennifer comes along in the fireman clothes, sees Adrienne, tells her all that happened with Jack, how hard she tried to stop him marrying Eve, but failed. Adrienne is urging her not to give up, but Jen is defeated. Ben sits with the stuffed toy outside the Pub, Ciara comes along, he talks of how it belongs to his nephew, Lani came by without stopping, probably not noticing it missing. Ciara tries to comfort him, but Ben knows everyone only thinks of him as dangerous.

Claire is having a meltdown with Eve, who promises to frame Ben for the fire, he killed her daughter, should pay. Claire is safe there, and she will take care of Haley/Tripp marriage, just not now, she is getting married, has to find her groom. Claire is ticked off big time, says o.k. But you better do so, as that is my boyfriend.

JJ & Haley are making out like mad on the sofa, getting pretty passionate, JJ talking of how they can be together perhaps when the wedding over. Haley says ICE will be watching them, but when 30 days is up, yes. More kissing, til knock on door. Haley opens it (JJ wipes off his mouth) to find Agent Smith of ICE, who notes Haley's dress indicates wedding day, she is going to hang around for it. She spots JJ, asks why former romantic interest is there, JJ says Tripp is cousin, he is best man, came early, apologized for telling his dad. Haley adds how she forgave him. Smith sits & fires questions at Haley about Tripps's favorites, cereal, movie, baseball team....Out in the hall, Claire is about to go in as Tripp arrives, stops her, she cannot go in, blah, blah. Claire figures she lives there, then wonders if Tripp is still her boyfriend. He assures her, as inside Agent Smith wonders why no groom, and is going to leave. JJ will make some calls, goes out, finds Tripp & Claire kissing, tells of Smith inside. Claire agrees to leave. The guys go in, she plays her phone recording Tripp saying she is still girlfriend, this will be over, etc. She smiles.

Jack comes to the room, as panicky Eve is on phone asking manager if Jack was seen leaving. She quickly hangs up, Jack tells her what happened, Jen, the smoke, fireman, locked in closet, stories, etc. Eve looks a bit concerned, but is pleased Jack came back, they are getting married. She blathers her whole routine of why they make a great team, always have, Jen wasn't really the one for him, tis why their marriage did not last. She kisses him, let's get married.

They are in the square, big Vote for Jack signs, Adrienne spots them, congratulates them, welcomes Eve into the family, knows Jack doesn't remember her, but would be honored if he let her perform the nuptials. Yes, she is ordained, did so for an article she wrote, pulls out some card, whipping it back in her purse before they could read. Seems legit, the couple says, agree to let her, (noting positive for press to see his family supporting him). Jen asks Adrienne what is going on. Adrienne smiles, I know what I am doing. Eve will cancel the judge. Next they run into Jen, who notes they are on time. And yep, both Jack & Eve are using the event as political fodder, comparing their “real” wedding to the false one Abe seems to favor. People are yayying, clapping, Jen calls out she thought this was a wedding, not a rally. Jack says it is, let's get on with it, my sister Adrienne Kiriakis will unite us.

Ben & Ciara are at his place, talking about the lighter, how did it get to the loft, Ben says he left it there in the cabin after using it, never saw it again. They try to figure, Ciara doesn't want to go back to loft, will go to her mom's. Ben says maybe Rafe is using her room for the baby. She talks of the sofa at Jen's, mentioning Julie having something to say. She debates, Ben suggests she could stay there.

At the loft, Justin is getting everyone in their places, Smith watching. He starts the nuptials, has Tripp & Haley recite their vows, (very nice), gets rings from JJ, has them place on each other's fingers, saying with this ring, I thee wed. He says by power vested in me, I now pronounce you......as Claire bursts thru the door......STOP!!

And in the square, Eve is reciting her vows, thanks Jack for making her so happy, he seems at one point to get uncomfortable, as tho he remembered something, he is looking at Jen. But he begins his vows, saying how Eve found him when he was lost.....stumbles over words, stops, Eve asking what is wrong, you o.k.? Jack has glanced again at Jen (he has remembered her saying her loving him, wanting to get back all that they meant to each other. Jack falters a bit, then says.....I can't do this.

So JJ and Haley are already planning their affair? After the magical 30 days? I'm thinking ICE wants to see the marriage last longer than 30 days. I thought it was presumptuous of Agent Smith to think the wedding was at the loft. I didn't think it was gonna be but apparently it was. I think the White Sox comment might trip them up. I think DOOL is a Cubs fan. As am I. Oh Claire what are you doing? Ya know they have brought characters on before and originally they acted horrible and were hated. I.E. JJ, Theresa. But they redeem them and then we love them. Claire they are just going for us hating her. Period. I don't like it. Shawn and Belle's daughter. I don't like it.

I was sure Adrienne was going to not really marry them. Like she isn't ordained. But now may not matter. I had thought when Jack started speaking that maybe he was going to say vows he had said to Jennifer?

That was my thought, Lil0.
As to the loft, I did not realize there was a fireplace there, at first thought they were all somewhere else. Odd place for it.
Have to say, Claire really did well with the facial expressions today.
Glad to see Justin & Adrienne both.
Stupidity big time....the kissing between JJ/Haley. and it does seem perhaps Tripp could be getting some feelings for Haley. But then, who knows.

Ciara doesn't want to go back to loft, will go to her mom's. Ben says maybe Rafe is using her room for the baby. She talks of the sofa at Jen's, mentioning Julie having something to say.
Why would Ciara even want to sleep on the sofa where she was raped??? Guess the writers forgot about that fact.

:clap::clap:

Ciara said to Ben that maybe she could sleep on Jennifer's "pull out sofa", so I guess we have to pretend there is a den or maybe game room at the Horton house, since the sofa in the living room is clearly not a sofa bed.

Maybe she could go into the attic and share the bunk beds with Great Uncle Tommy. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Fractured Thinking

JJ: Smooching the bride right before the wedding? This is tactically unwise and sounds like something EJ would have done.

Eve: She wants to frame Ben? She ought to guess again. This move would surely incur the wrath of Ciara who's not to be messed with. As an old saying goes, if Eve crosses Ciara, she could "go home in a bucket."

Claire: So she wants to ruin the Trippy-Haley wedding. How does she know that Trippy won't be so enraged by this treachery that he'd dump her on the spot?

ICE Agent: She might think she's playing hardball with Haley, but she's actually risking her life. Doesn't she realize that bullets often fly at Salem weddings?

Rare Insight

Justin: He actually asked Trippy and Haley if they had a marriage license. Most Salemites seem to think that this document is an optional frill.

30 days is when she was to be deported...., so the court decreed, but I thought it was said a while back they keep an eye on them for a couple years.
YES. The court said she was to be deported in 30 days. They sure did not say that 30 days after the wedding they would leave her alone!!!!!! I'm quite sure [at least in the real world] that marriage will need to be intact for 2 years.

Why would Ciara even want to sleep on the sofa where she was raped??? Guess the writers forgot about that fact.

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read about Ciara considering sleeping on that sofa.

DrBakerFan, I love your rare insight! :rotfl: So true though.

Thanks Poirot.

Did Adrienne lie about being able to marry someone?

Interesting to see Adrienne's husband marry Tripp and Haley.

I wondered what Ciara meant about a sleep sofa too. Wouldn't the bedroom
Abigail was using be empty?

It was interesting to hear Claire say at first it wouldn't be fair to blame Ben
for the fire since she did it. It didn't take long to change her mind.

A TO Z.

A fun fact I noticed when typing up today's cast list was that the first four scenes featured 9 characters in alphabetical order:

Scene 1: Ben, Ciara
Scene 2: Claire, Eve
Scene 3: Jack, Jennifer
Scene 4: Justin, Kayla, Tripp

Back