Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 19, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives'
Friday, April 19, 2019

Days really needs to pay attention to their editing. We have Hope calling Kayla at hospital, learning Rafe is there, shoulder wound, and way later on, Eli getting word Rafe has been shot, is on his way to hospital.!!

But first, (I missed first few minutes), Chloe & Brady are evidently outside the club, having a huge, long argument about her returning to DiMansion, he wants her to come with him to Kmansion. They go back and forth, all the various reasons, DiMansion not safe, 2 killers just walked in, Stefan wants to make a play for Chloe, she denies, he's been kind, generous. Brady brings up Stefan having sex with mentally ill, married woman. Chloe defends, Stefan genuinely in love, blah, blah. She cites Vic always insulting her, no Brady cannot stop him, he was ineffectual in the past. This all goes on and on, Chloe finally telling him Brady just wants to control her, like he did to Nicole, she won't have it, she will make her own decisions. (Just think, Holly slept thru this all.)

Stefan drove Gabi to hospital, Kayla informs her Rafe got a shoulder wound, no head injury from when he fell and hit his head, was unconscious. Is in good hands, yes she can go in, see him. Stefan waits outside. Gabi goes in, Rafe is trying to get out of bed, help Hope go find Ciara. Kayla comes in, nope, stay there. Eli arrives, says they are on this, whole dept. not to worry.

Earlier....Ted is on phone with someone, talking of Hope, telling all that happened. Eli comes in, hears tail end of conversation, Ted quickly hangs up, Eli tells about killing guy trying to kill Chloe. Eli gets phone call, will be right there, tells Ted Rafe was shot by Hector, Ciara taken, he is going to hospital.

Back to hospital, Rafe wants phone to call Hope, uses Eli's phone, gets voice mail, leaves loving message. Eli leaves, later we see Gabi come out, Rafe resting, she falls apart to Stefan, citing how Rafe always took care of her, how her sister is dead, father & brother in prison, disgusted mom moved back to Mexico, Rafe all she has, always stood by her, no matter how much she screwed up. She cries on Stefan's shoulder, apologizes, he offers to drive her home.

Kayla & Hope sitting on bench, Hope telling Kay all that has been going wrong with her & Rafe, and how he now has vowed to take care of Jordan's baby, David. Jordan won't say who father is, she loves Rafe, but so many other problems currently, bringing a baby in is not good. Kayla is supportive, has to leave.

Hector has dragged Ciara somewhere into the park/square area, making her hide when Ben is yelling her name. He comes rushing up, no where. Hector is constantly pointing gun at Ciara's head, pulling her by hair. She warns him Ben will never give up, nor her mother. Ben has gone looking, Hector pulls her away, Ciara drops an earring. Hope comes along, as does Ben, who tells her of Rafe getting shot, Ciara hostage. Hope calls Kayla (see above) then is going to look for her daughter, Ben is going with her. He finds the earring, Hope notes she gifted Ciara with it.

Chloe sees Stefan, who doesn't want her returning to DiMansion, made arrangements at Salem Inn, nanny already there, packed everything, has Parker. Just take Holly and yourself over there now. He is gone, and gee, there is Ted, sorry for all that is going on. He asks if she is going back to DiMansion, she tells him about Salem Inn, leaves. He calls someone, lets them know about Chloe Lane.

Stefan & Gabi are at Rafe's house, she thanks him, they talk about getting back to normal, hating each other, laugh. He calls his security, making sure Bobby is on the job for Chloe at the Inn, asking about Ben, and more. (he warns the guy he is talking to that if he doesn't do the job right, he will be flipping burgers at a restaurant outside Baraboo, WI. ...for those of you who don't know, (made me laugh) that is a town near Wisconsin Dells, and the former winter home of Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus, lol)And while he is doing that, Gabi has a 5 minute flashback to Brady encouraging her to seduce Stefan, all the reasons, yada, yada. He gets off the phone, is going to leave, she thanks him, and bingo, pulls him into a kiss.

Hector has dragged Ciara once more thru wherever, she drops her other earring as he pulls her away with him. Hope & Ben arrive, frustrated no sign of them. Hope spots the earring, knows they were this way, Ciara leaving a trail, good girl.

Hector pushes Ciara into some dinky motel room, she tells him the entire area will be swarming with cops. He figures she has now become a handicap, points his gun at her head.........Hasta Luego!

I think Chloe is being really mean to Brady. Had he not come, she might be dead!

Gabi and Stefan, ugh. Don't know if I'm gonna like that. You can see already, she is going to fall for him!! So who has Ari? Isn't Sonny all involved with Will in the hospital?

Good thing Ciara wears a lot of jewelry.

What is Ted up to? At least he did say he's in love with Hope.Why I don't know. Doesn't seem he's involved with cartel. But involved with someone who is involved with them.

No, Chloe there was nothing complicated about Stefan being involved with a mentally ill woman. He chose to keep her illness a secret so he could continue to take advantage of her. He refused to tell her husband or family members that she was sick. He never wanted her to get the help she so desperately needed! How is that loving someone? It was nothing more than some sick obsession. He didn't care about Abby and what she needed. It was all about his sick pleasure. I really liked some of the things she told Brady, but when it comes Stefan, she looks and sounds like an idiot.

They caught Dario?

I think he's still on the run. He probably still keeps in touch with Gabi.

Clueless Chloe: She was seconds from death when saved by Brady, but she continues to give him nothing but grief and insists that she'd be safer with Zero at his cardboard fortress. If Nicole had known that she was this witless, she'd never have named her as Holly's guardian.

Shameless Stefan: This idiot's supposedly impregnable fortress was just been invaded with ease by a Noodlite and he doesn't seem to be a bit embarrassed. Instead, he displays his terrible telephone manners by being incredibly rude to the person on the other end. Speaking of telephone calls, it might have made for a good scene if after he called in to report Rafe's shooting, he then had to say to the person on the other end: "No, I didn't do it!"

Noodlite Hector: This guy is almost as dumb as Stefan. Why did he drag Ciara through the Town Square and other major public places? Hasn't he heard of Salem's many back alleys and empty warehouses? As for pointing a gun in her face, this probably ensures that Hope and Ben will break through the door at any second.

Ted: He also earns a dunce cap for discussing his nefarious affairs on the phone in the police station. This creep is so clueless that it's mystery how he ever passed the bar exam.

Thanks, Poirot.

Did Ted call someone to let them know Chloe is now at the Salem Inn?

Chloe needs to learn what is appropriate and what's not. She told Brady
Stefan hasn't been inappropriate with her.. so what do you call it when
Stefan enters the bedroom when she's sleeping and she's wearing a
nightie?
And one time Stefan was shirtless.

Since Ciara dropped both earrings, how are Hope and Ben going to find
her now?

Is Ari at the K mansion? Let's hope so.

Line of the day goes to Eli when Rafe asked him if he talked to Ted about
the phone call. Eli said "I tried to but he slithered out of it"

Last edited:
I guess the writers forgot that Dario was on the run/in hiding.
Gabi actually said, "My father, my brother, they're in prison...or on the run."

Hope asked Kayla to tell Rafe she loves him. Kayla said she would but I didn't hear her say it to Rafe. When Rafe said Hope has to be so scared, Kayla just said Hope is handling it. Then Rafe called Hope and left her a message saying he loves her.

Kat, they made it seem like Ted was going to tell the person on the phone where Chloe is staying.
Maybe Ciara kicked off her shoes and left them as a trail.

Last edited:
Hope asked Kayla to tell Rafe she loves him. Kayla said she would but I didn't hear her say it to Rafe. When Rafe said Hope has to be so scared, Kayla just said Hope is handling it. Then Rafe called Hope and left her a message saying he loves

I noticed this as well. And also why couldn't Kayla just call Hope or tell Hope when she could call Rafe? Really bad editing and directing. Also, I don't disagree with Hope going after Ciara but her reaction to Rafe being shot was very underwhelming. I feel like that should have been top of mind while she was searching for Ciara.

Nobody seemed concerned about Baby David

Apparently the actor playing Hector is from a telenovela but he keeps mispronouncing character names and it's driving me crazy. An experienced actor shouldn't be doing that.

I hate that it has taken 10 years for Brady and Chloe to reconnect and they are getting this awful writing. Brady's sudden feelings for Chloe would have made a lot more sense 5 girlfriends ago.

As I've already speculated, Ted is either working for or with someone. Who? The person is interested in both Chloe and the Rafe/Hope marriage. That's really random. Who could it be?

Thanks for the summary!
I've been gone all week and watched all 5 episodes last night. With all the FF it didn't take very long. These episodes are SO VERY disappointing!

Chloe needs to learn what is appropriate and what's not. She told Brady
Stefan hasn't been inappropriate with her.. so what do you call it when
Stefan enters the bedroom when she's sleeping and she's wearing a
nightie?
And one time Stefan was shirtless.
I agree completely - he is just slimy and it bugs me no end that the writers have portrayed Chloe as yet another "brainless" woman. These writers need to come into the 2019s - women are so much stronger than we see in this show! I don't expect reality - but some strong women and equal relationships would be greatly appreciated!

This creep is so clueless that it's mystery how he ever passed the bar exam.
Maybe he didn't! Could he be lying about being a lawyer? What? Lying? Ted?:sarcasm::confused::rolleyes:

As I've already speculated, Ted is either working for or with someone. Who? The person is interested in both Chloe and the Rafe/Hope marriage. That's really random. Who could it be?
Maybe they turned Nicole into yet another BAD lady?

Back